main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They better darn clone Simon Phoenix if they do it. And Denis Leary admitted he basically just started doing his act in the middle of the movie when his rebel leader was talking about what he wanted.

Sarge likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You can have Snipes, Leary, and Stallone; just leave me Bullock.

Sarge likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    All four are essential if you ask me. Even if Bullock is only a cameo I need to hear her say "John Spartan" again. C'mon, Sandy, you made Speed II: Cruise Control you can jump back in for this.

christophero30 and Sarge like this.
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'm not sure Oscar winner Sandra Bullock is chomping the the bit to make Demolition Man 2. I'm sure Stallone could get Rob Schneider though.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Welp, I'm bummed. Doesn't look like a single theater in my state is going to be getting Lamb this week...

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sandy was awesome in DM! Her lines were utterly ridiculous, but she just threw herself into the role and acted those lines with total conviction. She was glorious.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  7. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    This industry is a meat grinder. I hope workers get everything they need and more.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh definitely not but that's why bringing her back would be so great. Huxley is way awesome straight-man to John Spartan, it'd just be super-fun to see her again. I mean, Stallone pulled in a huge roster for those Expendable flicks.

Bringing back Snipes should be a minor inconvenience even though Simon Phoenix had his actual head frozen and smashed off.

christophero30, Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

As someone who helped get my profession into IATSE, can attest to this.

10. demolition18

demolition18 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Are any of you here fan fiction writers yourselves? I have Demolition Man fan fiction on the other site but on the non Star Wars fan fiction boards that's what I consider my real fan fiction on Demolition Man. It was on Star Wars Day of 2020 when a Demolition Man sequel was announced. I am on the movie ideas wiki too.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Bob ****ing Iger urging creative risks and not just listening to the data is, quite possibly, the most horrifying commentary on Bob Chapek I've ever read.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

This looks indistinguishable from a fan film.

BigAl6ft6 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So you’re saying it’s an improvement on the previous entries.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd say "fan trailer" but I know there aren't any fans.

16. demolition18

demolition18 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    You people should search Demolition Man fan fiction on here. I could write a fan script if the sequel should be cancelled. It was on Star Wars Day of 2020 when Sylvester Stallone announced a Demolition Man sequel.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    okay, but what i really needed was a warning that i'd have 4 non blondes stuck in my head all day.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A change for Hellraiser

"While Pinhead was always, shall we say, a bit androgynous, this marks the first time the Cenobite leader will be played by a woman."

At no point was Pinhead ever andro but whatever. I'll give it go. Clive approves.

christophero30 and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    No issue with this either.

The female cenobite had a very prominent, Kali-like vibe in the original novella. I hope whomever they cast for this role is as creepy as the original movie’s female Cenobite, and as almost as regal as Pinhead was too. The lady still unnerves me more than Pinhead ever did.

So if Jamie looks as gruesome and acts as the original femme Cenobite while playing Pinhead, sure.

For me, Hellraiser was basically more about Julia and Kirsty anyway, so all good with a lady Pinhead.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    christophero30 and Gamiel like this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I obviously do not know the actress who is the new Pinhead and typing while half asleep is…anyway if she can match the sinister vibes of the original female cenobite and Doug Bradley, great.

21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I'm not sure the people being torn apart slowly by Pinhead really care if he is a dude or not.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, but Clive Barker does.

For um...

... You know what, ask your mother. Anyway, since he approves, I don't think anyone should care.

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
  24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't Pinhead's gender ambiguous in the original novella?

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s straight up not Pinhead in The Hellbound Heart, there are features described for “the Cenobite” that don’t match any of the four, which I think were all created for the film. It’s an it in the main chapter in which it appears, but “he” in a brief mention in the next chapter, possibly an error.

Edit: I guess I also shouldn’t rule out further different information in the sequels, although most of those were written well after Barker had created the Pinhead character.

Edit 2: Flipping through to earlier in my e-book has a Cenobite with the obligatory pins in its face, but that one’s described as having a voice like a small girl, isn’t the lead Cenobite, and in this chapter he keeps going on about how sexless they are. In conclusion, Pinhead is a land of contrasts.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021