main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This is too funny/

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, I haven't been to the movies since the premiere showing of the newest Spider-Man. Hope that changes in February.

Luke02 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I used to listen to his show on WOR. We lived close enough to NYC to get the station loud and clear.

Django211 and Kenneth Morgan like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think they cut it because he was looking at her sweetly whilst singing and made it look like he'd leave the main love interest for her. Which is perfectly valid, every character should leave for Ana de Armas. Kylo Ren comes back from the dead and leaves for Ana de Armas.

To paraphrase Honest Trailer, it was definitely time to put Craig Bond out to pasture because he didn't even make a pass at her.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    gezvader28 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So's Chris Evans.

Laurie, IIRC, said he deliberately made his accent apart from any established American accents on House.

FTFY.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    nvm

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @I Are The Internets Meanwhile I'm hoping it won't be until this summer at the earliest I'm back at the movies with "Lightyear" in June as a family outing. Perhaps "Doctor Strange 2" with the boys but May is a really busy month for us with school winding down. I freely admit I become an old man that enjoys watching stuff in the family basement room while lounging on the sectional with a nice flat screen and a solid enough soundbar and now surround sound.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Probably the same person who thought making the movie Yesterday was a good idea in the first place.

mainly a joke as i havent even seen the movie and yes i know danny boyle is an acclaimed director who has done many wonderful films but i sure did think the premise for yesterday was dumb

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I did not watch this 100% yet. This came up on Corridor Crew. One guy did this over 2 years. There is some live actors but this is all CGI otherwise.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    what's Corridor Crew?

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    FYI

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ^ That looks like the movie theater chain, The Lot. My wife loves their theaters because of the lounge chair seating and food service. I don't a big fan of The Lot theaters because the screen looks small.

Luke02 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Masking and vax passes are required for theatres in my province (y'know once they open again on January 31st), and the article mentions that theatres are giant spaces with lots of ventilation about equal to being on a airplane.

No Way Home showings in Ontario are probably going to be really busy, it was only out for 2 and a half weeks before theatres closed they'll probably still be really busy the first 2 weeks of Feb.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Corridor Crew is a youtube channel where VFX artists look at good and bad special effects.

gezvader28 likes this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Is it ok to watch Terminator 2 without watching Terminator 1 first ?

There is only 2 on Netflix

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes! And don't worry about the first Terminator, he'll be back.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd recommend watching 1 first.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Absolutely- that's how I experienced the series. Saw T2 first, then rented T1 a couple years later. Still one of my favorite movies and it's probably one of the few instances where I would recommend watching the sequel before the original. Any connections to the first film's events are setup quite naturally in a way that doesn't require you to have seen T1.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I would definitely watch T1 first. It has a grittyness to it that the sequel lacks, which sets up the world better.
    The emotional arcs in T2 also work much better when you're familiar with the story from the first one.

ETA: once you've seen the first two, you'll be tempted to watch the other sequels. For God's sake, resist that temptation! :p

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Watching T1 first is a difference experience, as it sets up a horror film-like feel that the second film plays into a twist of sorts. However, T2 establishes that well enough that it still remains a contextualized twist for the characters if you watch it first.

I feel the morality tale comes across much stronger when T2 is viewed first, though (especially in the Special Edition cut of the film). And since, IMO, that is the most enduring quality of the film, it’s worth emphasizing that by watching T2 first over the minor horror twist that watching T1 first brings.

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's fine, but you should track down the first movie at some point, as it's really good.

23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    T2 is such a great film.
    And it's got Guns 'n Roses too ftw!

Juliet316 , BigAl6ft6 and Luke02 like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm almost positive that when T2 first came out, I watched it before I had seen the original. But since then, of course I've seen the original countless times since.

They're actually getting a couple of Terminator actors at a local con on Long Island in a couple of months. Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese) will be among them.

25. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I saw Terminator 2: Judgement Day first. You should absolutely watch The Terminator first. I actually happen to be one of the people that prefers The Terminator over T2 (love the more intimate, horror element present in the first one), but they're both phenomenal films and in a lot of ways, Judgement Day really is James Cameron really firing on all cylinders, operating at peak James Cameron mode. The two films make for an incredible double feature.

You're totally good to stop after Judgement Day. T2 is a perfect ending to the story, and Rise of the Machines, Salvation, and Genisys are all unwatchable, miserable experiences.

I do, admittedly, have a certain level of affection for Dark Fate though. It doesn't hold a candle to the first two, of course, but of the onslaught of latter sequels it is the only one that I feel captures some of Cameron's spirit (that he was actually creatively involved and contributed to the script on this one is a major help) and has some genuinely interesting things to say about its world and characters.