main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Having something like A-List definitely helps. You get the free upgrades on the popcorn and soda and $5 off every few movies. Since I don't usually buy snacks every time I go, that usually works out nicely.

Juliet316 and Thena like this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Exactly. My friend is a manager at our theatre and used to give us free popcorn but we were like "you don't have to do that, we like supporting a local business". Yes it's a chain but it's from KC and still family owned.

Thena likes this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I remember getting a personal pepperoni pizza when I first saw Rogue One and it was really good. Cooked in a big stone oven they had there.

But most of the time I don't really eat and drink at the movies aside from bringing my water bottle. Dinner out either before or after is nice though. Although it fun to munch on a treat while watching the movie. I just usually don't do that anymore.

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Things are getting rowdy in the UK

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Give me my stinky milkshake and chicken sandwich

6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am pleased to announce my 4K Blu Ray of Everything Everywhere All At Once has arrived and my brother is still in town until Saturday. So I'll get to share it with him since he hasn't seen it yet.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Let us know if the bonus features are good!

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I rarely watch bonus features anymore, but I wonder what the ones on this even are... I mostly get discs for the far superior image Bitrate quality and lossless sound for the surround sound system..

Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  11. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    On Saturday we had to throw out about a dozen teens in suits watching Minions because if that stupid tik-tok "challenge". We were warned by corporate and about 10mins into the movie they cheered like it was concert and out they went. No second chances, no refunds, just out the door. Didn't give them a chance to disrupt others more or leave a huge mess.

Heard of a theater where someone threw a banana at the screen and damaged it. They found the culprit. Those screens cost around $20,000

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Sarge and bstnsx704 like this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    This is... hilarious

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    solojones likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

That is... A weird swap. But sounds like a great one!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    This is not the U.K.

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Same here.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Smith has gone full meta and it looks good.

I'd be curious to see how the final film will differ from the Clerks III script they did a live reading of a few years back that ended up springboarding into actually making the movie.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  19. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like the trailer for Clerks III, but I feel Smith has been going full meta since Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Seeing this Clerks III trailer reminded me of a common "backlash" comment about the Star Wars prequels, which was, "I grew up with the (original trilogy) Star Wars movies, but these prequel films didn't grow up with me." However, Smith's Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks films have grown up with me. I mean, I really related to those Smith's films, as I was in my 20s during the 90's and now have to worry about the type of food I eat, often take stock of my life, and not worry about things I once did as a twenty something year old.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    In 2020 I watched Jay and Silent Bob Reboot followed by Of Gods and Monsters on Amazon. It was an unexpected perfect double feature. I surprised how similar the two movies were with the story, themes, and what they examined. Of Gods and Monsters is a fiction examination the later life of Frankenstein director James Whales after his directing career has ended. Reboot did much the same thing but with Smith in the movie and directing it himself. The meta self examination by Smith had moment so on the nose it was uncomfortable to watch. That’s what stuck with most.

22. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Sony’s PlayStation Store Pulling Access to Purchased Studiocanal Movies Next Month
    It's just for customers in Germany and Austria at the moment, but it's a bit worrying. I've bought a relatively few things on digital, and this reminds me why I'd rather have a physical copy.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, I'm 100% on the physical media train. I'll use the digital codes I get to build a backup digital library (mostly to lend the account out to friends, since that's easier than lending out my discs), but I have never (and likely will never) straight up purchase a movie digitally.

I hate that I have to buy digital for games, but unfortunately it is the only option on PC...

solojones, Thena and soitscometothis like this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Definitely looking forward to her return to the movies

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022