main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Really blown away by the enthusiasm for AAOL here. For ages I thought I was the only one who really dug it.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Huh, I forgot who but someone who worked on Tragedy of Macbeth said Joel did that one alone because Ethan was done making pictures. Guess not lol. Be really curious how this shakes out- Joel was fine on his own, how will Ethan do I wonder.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I went ahead and posted it in Deadpool....

Thena likes this.
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    He he’s having a worse week than Trump. What happens with the criminal investigation of she dies? What if she doesn’t die but is cognitively impaired?

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm trying to comprehend all of this remarkable hatred towards Heche in the forum. I'm starting to think some people have had a grudge against her well before the crash.

Yes, she did a reckless/obnoxious thing by speeding down a residential road while apparently intoxicated. Maybe she had some sort of mental issues and this was her way of coping. Did she deliberately try to crash her car into someone's home?

You can talk about any sort of criminal investigation involving the alleged DUI; but outside of that it's not a murder investigation. This isn't OJ Simpson we're talking about here (who got away with it).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    With you on Heche. I've always liked her. She did a very dumb, dangerous thing; but she clearly has mental health issues. She is a daughter and a mother. The family is taking her off life support today. Very sad.

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Where is this "remarkable hatred"? There haven't been that much talk about her, and only a couple of posts about her driving, as far as I've seen.

9. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I've heard people IRL say some not so nice things. I do wonder if the owner of the house will sue her estate.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    She has apparently passed away. Tragic end.

IRL perhaps, but Ahsoka mentioned the forum. But agreed, she did not deserve this.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
  12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I confess I've never seen a LA film with Heche, though I've seen Legend of Korra where she did one of the voices.

And yes, per her wikipedia entry, she did seem to suffer from pretty severe mental health issues stemming from childhood abuse.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Heche#Mental_health_issues

The owner of the house she ran into says she has lost most of her property. A very sad situation altogether, for everyone involved. RIP. :(

christophero30 likes this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Agreed. A bad choice can change your life forever. And the lives of others. I know she has a son.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

It's not just obnoxious to drive under the influence. It's criminal for a reason. People can be killed. It's only because they happened to not be in the part of the house she crashed into that they weren't.

That's not remarkable hatred. It's just an appropriate level of disdain for selfish behavior.

You can think that and still feel bad for her kids.

Juliet316, BigAl6ft6, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    And it was tragic that that Anne herself passed away. The actress had a history of mental health problems, and apparently she didn't come from your garden variety family. Three of her four siblings have died (her brother Nathan ironically enough dying in a car crash). Her father died from AIDS; after having what was assumed was homosexual affairs - all the while being abusive towards his family.

The bottom line is that her life wasn't perfect; which is what we usually think of when it comes to celebrities. I feel bad for the family that lost their house because of what happened, but I also feel bad for what Heche went through and her fate. It is a shame that she didn't get help for this sooner.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Sure, no one is saying it's not was she died though..just that we're glad no one else did because her actions were very irresponsible.

17. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
  18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    What show is this?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
  19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    That was a cool interview. I like Sydney Pollack. I found it interesting when he said how good Ford was at playing scared in the Fugitive. Ford said he did this on purpose, because people never looked scared in these types of movies.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    solojones likes this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

There's also some commentary from Spielberg about how Indiana Jones is an impressive action hero not because of how much he can dish out, but because of how much of a beating he can take and keep going.

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    [​IMG]

24. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I liked when the cop in NYC gave him a parking ticket. He slapped the ticket on the winshield, saw Ford and said "Mosquito Coast" and walked away. [face_laugh]

BigAl6ft6 and godisawesome like this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Ah yes, clearly his most iconic role lol