main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph At The Movies (film discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 23, 2015.

1. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Thank god there are infinite people in the world.

Bacon164 and Ramza like this.
  2. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    This is big. I think so anyway. =D=:cool:

3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Just woke up. We went to see Devotion earlier. I cried near the end. That's all I can say for now.

solojones and Sarge like this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I know but it's also an untenable situation when they don't actually make any money. As we've seen with them going to an ad tier.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This release stunt is still going to make more money theatrically than any Netflix movie, widest release and since it's a whole month until Netflix and not a week like all the other token theatrical releases they've done

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah I just went to look at tickets in case I wanted to try to squeeze in a viewing in theatres... Sold out all weekend.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Seats available for a afternoon show tomorrow so I'm definitely going, not anything I would say for any other Netflix movie. That month long wait is good incentive to see it in theaters

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Managed to get seats for a matinee at 12:45 on Friday. Cheaper tickets too! But it was almost sold out.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

New Shrek movie teased?

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I think you’re reading too much into it.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe, but there are rumors of a Shrek 5.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The Amblin logo teased E.T. sequels.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Bambi horror story.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Gosh it’s almost like another horror movie adaptation of a public domain work got a bunch of unwarranted press attention and incentivized that sort of thing…

solojones likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll watch a Bambi horror film only after watching the Winnie the Pooh one; and I currently have little desire to watch that.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Violent Night looks like aces though if we're talking about Public Domain Fairy Tale Ultraviolence

David Harbour and John Leguizamo almost unfair though so makes it mandatory. I love how it's in Imax too, actually taking screens away from Black Panther 2

christophero30 likes this.
  18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016

As someone who thinks all three of Chazelle's films have been great, the more I see of this, the less excited I am for it. That 189-minute runtime isn't helping causes either.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's not fair, but lately I can't see a Margot Robbie film without thinking about her as Harley Quinn. She's even got that Brooklynese accent to boot in this new flick.

21. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    ...actually that looks extraordinary

it helps that I like long run times

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @IG-42 One of the more interesting things I watched on YT recently was someone showed how the deleted scenes from PTA were kind of related to what we saw in Uncle Buck as John Hughes kept pushing Candy to improvise so some of what he tried in PTA, he also tried in Uncle Buck. Was really interesting. Plus the deleted stuff while not as good as what we got in the film was still hilarious. My favorited deleted scene is the food scene on the airplane:

I will actually stop the actual film and put then on after Del talks about how "his dogs have been barking".

And only John Candy could eat a hot dog while smoking a cigarette at the same time and make it somehow funny and entertaining. :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Legendary has moved to Sony for theatrical films, though distribution of the Monsterverse and Dune franchises will remain with WB. Streaming services are not included and there's no co-finance deal for any Legendary projects at the moment.

24. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

I've been complaining a lot about Netflix just treating their theatrical release of Glass Onion as a "commercial" for its streaming release, but God, everyone is basically doing the same. Nothing can live in theaters for anything even resembling what was a normal run just a few years ago...

The Banshees of Inisherin just released wide about a month ago. Bones and All and The Fabelmans – the brand new SPIELBERG movie, but I guess that doesn't really serve as a selling point to audience anymore – just a week ago. Wild.

I hope people check them out at home for sure, but this is just such a confusing, unfortunate state of things for theatrical exhibition and it bums me out so, so much. :(

Havac likes this.
  25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Ridley Scott is 85 today. :cool:

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.