main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Athletes you love to hate

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Spurrier counts for me. Though Snyder and Jerry Jones have to be among the most hated sports owners ever.

2. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Yeah you have to be a Skins fan to understand, heels. ;)

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    No, I know how bad he was in Washington.

Some college coaches (Spurrier, your boy Pete Carroll, Pitino, Callipari, Dennis Erickson, and on and on and on) try to implement their successful college systems, and they fail.

Spurrier ran Stephen Davis out of town and tried to play his old QBs, he may have ruined Patrick Ramsey by allowing him to get splattered all over the turf every single play.

However, he's back in college, and it all was a bad dream. You never should have run out a legend like Schottenheimer, so blame your ass of an owner.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Though I'm glad Gibbs is back (He needs to be given offensive play calling duties again), I to agree Marty should have been given more than one season to work out, though that could probably be attributed more to his personality clash with Snyder than anything else.

5. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    I'm not going to agrue with any of that.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

6. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Hmm...coaches?

Marc Crawford, Dennis Erickson (NFL career), Marty Schottenheimer (blah, blah, blah, blah.....blah)

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Coaches?

Eric Wedge, John Cooper are the first two that come to mind.

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I really can't stand Ozzie Guillen, as a coach. As a player? He always played hard. I appreciated it. As a manager, though, man i wish he'd shut up already.

I know it's tough because in this day and age of the PC climate, people go off the deep over the tiniest little thing, but Ozzie needs to learn when to hold'em and when to fold'em.

9. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Funny, it's been four pages and nobody's mentioned Al Davis yet!

I'm a diehard Raider fan, but even the most hardcore Raider fan will admit that Davis frustrates us with some of his unconventional decisions.

Teams I dislike: Denver Broncos, KC Chiefs, SD Chargers, (naturally), Yankees

Despised individuals: any member of the above teams, TO, Michelle Wie, Kenny Rogers, Red Sox fans, Mike Shanahan, Bobby Knight, the former owners of the Oakland A's, Wayne Rooney, Marco Materazzi, French cycling media... these are just the ones off the top of my head.

*waits for the discussion to inevitably turn into a Raider fan hatefest *

10. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Oh gosh... Mention of the french media... that reminds me...

GOOD GOSH I HATE LANCE ARMSTRONG.

11. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    lol @ hating Michelle Wie and Kenny Rogers

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think it's funny that everyone in our division hates the Raiders. But it's not so for other teams. We Chiefs hate the Raiders and the Broncos (both scummy/cheap), but not the Chargers. Oh sure, we want to beat the Chargers every time we play them. But they have tended to be classy to us on the field, something the Raiders and Broncos haven't done historically. So no rivalry has developed between us and SD. Actually, if we're not playing them and it doesn't affect us, I like SD.

But everyone hates the Raiders, even outside the AFC West :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    T.O, Tony Romo and LaDainian Tomlinson.

14. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002

How in the world could you hate LT?

Those other 2 i can understand, but LT? He's, like, an example of everything that's RIGHT with sport.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Throwing out the names of two retired atheletes that I hate:

OJ, Mike Tyson.

16. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    Yeah, Michelle Wie really needs to focus on LPGA events as opposed to entering all of these mens tournaments, only to finish last or next to last. It'd be different if she had actually won something (such as the case with Annika Sorenstam), but these are purely publicity stunts that serve no purpose whatsoever. If she can't even compete and win in the LPGA, then she has no business in PGA events.

17. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004

One of my friends hates LT, makes me want to slap him silly. [face_plain]

18. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    LT has to be one of the most likable players in the NFL right now...

19. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Im not saying hes bad, just over rated. Larry Johnson (KC) is much better IMO.

20. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Eh, i think Larry Johnson doesn't get the credit because it's generally accepted that KC has/had an awesome O-Line.

I mean, you had Priest Holmes in there who was putting up astronomical numbers, and then he gets hurt and they plug LJ in there and *HE* puts up astronomical numbers.

21. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Does anybody know when Holmes is coming back?

22. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned AJ Pierzynski. When the Sox played games away almost every ballpark boos him. Besides White Sox fan, everyone seems to hate him. If he wasn't with the Sox I probably wouldn't like him either. His attitude can be annoying.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I don't hate Pierzynski.

I vehemently hate Ozzie Guillen.

24. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I can imagine a lot of people hating Ozzie. :p
    He got ejected in 8 or more games for us this year.
    And he was also suspened for 2 games.
    Still I think he's the best coach the White Sox have had in a very long time.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey, you can't argue with his results.

I agree, he's the best the Sox have had in a good long while--he connects with those players in an uncanny way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.