main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX ATTACK OF THE NEWBIES......!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JEDI_DAN45, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_DAN45

JEDI_DAN45 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2003
    Hi Everybody!

I am very interested in the DFW FF! I've been a SW fan for a long,long time but have just recently made my debut to this new 'internet' thing. I hope everyone goes easy on me!! I'm interested in attending some of these member meetings---if I am allowed.

I am your humble Padawan.

2. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Welcome.

Are you in the DFW area? If your a freak, you'll fit right in. :D

Not a whole lot going on in our group at the moment. We have a movie night on Friday for Daredevil and an RPG Dungeons and Dragons game (our first for some time) next weekend. See the threads for details.

:cool:

3. Admiral_Drake

Admiral_Drake Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Welcome to DFW FanForce
    things seem pretty slow now but wait till epsoide three comes out...so much to do your head will spin

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Welcome, JEDI_DAN45!

Feel free to come to any of our events, or post any event ideas you might have :)

5. JEDI_DAN45

Feb 10, 2003
    Thanks alot, everybody. I look forward to checking out some things.

6. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Whats a NEWbian...?

Speak for yourself I choose to DEselect myself from Freakdom.

Hey When did Blake get back...?? :D

7. Chris-M

Chris-M Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002

Let's don't go there. :)

--Chris M.

8. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
  9. JEDI_DAN45

Feb 10, 2003
    Just to let everybody know...

I am based out of the HEB area. As I mentioned before, I am a long time fan of SW. I love the movies (can't wait for EPIII) and have read a few books. I have recently started the NJO series but haven't gotten far.

I didn't think I could be that much of a 'geek' but I'm interested in "coming out of the closet" with SW attire for the premier of the third film. I know...I'm a late bloomer.

Anyway, I was hoping the venerable masters of the DFW Jedi Council could shed some light on creating costumes and props.

Any help here would be hot!

10. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hi JEDI_DAN45!

For costuming and props there is no better place to start your research that the 'Costuming and Props' forum on these boards. ;) Lemme see if I can link it HERE. Be sure to read back a few pages; if you have a question it's probably already been asked and there is a three page naswer for it. :D

Anyways, hope that helps!

11. JEDI_DAN45

Feb 10, 2003
    Thanks alot for the tips!

There are some great tips available for building anything SW!

I look forward to starting this journey soon, seeing as I only have a few years left to complete it before the premier of EpsIII.

Now, how do I pull off a dual-bladed lightsabre wielding Ewok...?

12. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Hello fellow SW freaks!

I'm not quite in Texas yet, but I just got my acceptance to enter the University of North Texas' M.S. program for Radio, Television, and Film - so if everything pans out I should be in the area around August! However, I've already seen some of you guys. When I went to check out the program back in the first weekend of November, I took my friend and I to see Episode II at the IMAX theater. Very cool!

Look forward to getting out there!

13. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Good to hear from all the newbies, and I'm sure everyone would be delighted to have more members and fans to hang with.

14. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    Welcome Fellow Eagle.

UNT Class of '93.

15. JEDI_DAN45

Feb 10, 2003
    Hello Starburstlvr!

I am a newbie to the DFW FF but so far I'm diggin' it. I haven't quite cleared my schedule to attend a meeting but I'm working on it. One does not become a Jedi Master overnight!

Ahhhh....good ole UNT....the malted hopps and bong resin of Fry St. make my hydrospanner quiver with delight.

GO RYAN RAIDERS!

Welcome and good luck...

16. MaraRevenge7

MaraRevenge7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    Hey, I wish I would of known of this fanforce earlier. But I'm really interested in it. I absolutley love Star Wars, and have always looked for forums outside of a computer to discuss the movies and EU. I was hoping that I could join in on this awsome Star Wars party. So, if you have any tips and guidelines about this fanforce then let me know. I just wanted to say that Star Wars is the greatest and so are fanforces.

17. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    You just missed our monthly meeting last weekend. Our next big get together is the April Sci-fi show. Come and meet the other DFWFF members, Rebel Legion, 501st, and FF members from other cities. Keep an eye on the other threads for several movie nights we are having.

:cool:

18. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for the UNT welcomes. I guess I'll hit you guys up for directions around town if and when I need them, lol.

19. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    A big welcome and hello to all newbies.
    Hope you enjoy this place. Its a nice place. :)

Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.