main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Attention - Cool places to check out!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Jun 20, 2016.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Around the Jedi Council (JC) and FanForce (FF) there are tons of wonderful, funny, cool, warm, special, and interesting places. But where can you find them? Either you go through every board, which is still the best to find your most favorite place, or you check out this thread (mostly the last post) whenever it gets upped.

What is this thread about?
    At this thread you can find interesting threads, may it a game that is looking for players or may it a social thread whose regulars wants to invite you or may it a new and somehow special discussion thread.

Who is allowed to promote threads?
    Everyone, especially thread creators, can post here. Just add a link to your thread and write a bit about it (not too short and not too long). Don't forget to tell at what board it can be found as well. Best you copy the following and fill it out:

Board: (i. e.: Welcome New Users)​
    Thread title: (i. e.: Teh Mole)​
    Thread category: (i. e.: game)​
    Thread content: (i. e.: Teh Mole is an easy and very funny game. One of the player is teh Mole, but no one knows who it is. So everyone tries to find out it is before they teh Mole gets them. The description of the drop out of the player is what you really shouldn't miss! The game just started, but the game host (Darth Gangrenous) will be happy to inform you about next sign up!)​

What's not allowed?
    Of course, it's not allowed to post spammy-like or against JC/FF rules. In those cases, I will delete the posts. If you worry about anything or if you are not sure, please, shoot me a private message (PM) before posting in here. I'm sure, we find a good solution.

Let's see who will be the first invitor! :D

2. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Great thread idea, Skiara! Thanks for giving thread creators this opportunity.:D

Here's my "plug":p for a brand-new thread I just launched:

Board: FanForce Community
    Thread title: "International Interview" Thread
    Thread category: Social
    Thread content: Every week (or so), a user will answer three questions about their home country (or, for Americans, their state or region). Then everyone will have a chance to discuss the questions and answers with the "interviewee" and each other. Just a chance to learn a little about the many different cultures and countries represented by JCF users in a laid-back, friendly atmosphere. All are welcome!:)

3. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Thread title: Quick Games ep. III - Revenge of the Dice
    Thread category: Game
    Thread content: Quick Games is a place where we play games that are easy and (for the most of the times) quick. We alternate between different games and you can read more about them in the first post in the thread. Anyone can join!

Skiara likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Board: EUC
    Thread title: The Sith Empire
    Thread category: Fanclub
    Thread content: The place to give in to the calling of the dark side. We have a fun community with an active group of members.

Snokers, panta1978 and Skiara like this.
  5. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Board: SWC
    Thread: The Knights of Darkness
    Thread Category: Fanclub
    Thread content: A place for Darksiders to discuss a new (Darkside) topic each week as well as socialize.

Lady Belligerent and Skiara like this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Board: Joint EUC & SWC Olympic event
    Thread title: several and they're ---> http://boards.theforce.net/forums/eu-community.10194/]here[/url]
    Thread catagory: Event
    Content: a fun Olympic joint event between the EUC and SWC boards. Plenty of fun activities to follow along and cheer the competitors.

8. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ^This fits here way better! :D

Board: EU Community
    Thread Title: 2016 EUC Halloween Sock hop
    Thread Category: Social
    Content: Halloween sock thread to celebrate halloween! Might be a bit spooky. [face_skull][face_devil]

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  10. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Hello all!

Board: Star Wars Community
    Thread: The Knights of Darkness Version 4.0
    Thread Category: Fanclub
    Thread content: A totally rad social thread where you can learn the powerful ways of the Dark Side Cake and experience new methods of accidentally dismembering yourself.....just kidding. Join the Knights of Darkness and you will learn from Masters who will train you in the way of the Dark Force. Rise in rank and power and bask in the full glory of the Sith!!!

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Interesting.[face_thinking]

Board: EU Communities
    Thread title: The Guardians of Light
    Thread category: Fan club
    Thread content: Jedi training and discussion of all things light side. Also a fun place to hang out and an active community for all people who seek to take there first steps into a larger world, but aren't into the wanton slaughter of the dark side. Trust in the force, you know you want to join!

And its offspring thread right here in the WNU...

Board: Welcome New Users
    Thread Title: The Jedi Enclave
    Thread Category: Social
    Thread Content: Our outpost this side of the forum, it has everything the main thread has, plus its easily accessible to those newer users who haven't explored every tab yet. Its an overall good time dealing with Jedi training, discussion, etc. involving working for the greater good. Or junking on candy...

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Hello everyone!

Board: Role Playing Forum
    Thread: Crystal Chase Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Rise of House Hawk
    Thread Category: Role Playing Game
    Thread content: Choose a side in a galaxy-wide battle between the forces of galactic ruin and salvation -- House Hawk and his plan to rule the galaxy with a destructive iron fist, Reiis Invadator trying to stop his violent tirade, and others in this battle for galactic dominance! Join as a Sith, Jedi, Mandalorian, or other character of your creation.

Skiara likes this.
  13. CalaelAzasar

CalaelAzasar Host of Quick-Games star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 11, 2003
    Thread: Quick Game ep. III - Revenge Of The Dice
    Thread Category: Games
    Thread Content: A different game is played each time, from "Get A Line" (similar to Bingo) to "In The Blue Milk" Sign ups are currently underway for "Get A Line", so stop by and check it out!

14. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
  15. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Just thought I'd update my earlier post above since I have recently "re-booted" the thread in question

Thread title: "The International Exchange"
    Thread category: Social
    Thread content: This thread focuses on sharing and discussing reflections related to international cultures/languages/experiences, etc. It features a particular topic related to the overall international focus that will change every month or so and a laid-back, newcomer-friendly atmosphere. All are welcome!:)

16. CalaelAzasar

Mar 11, 2003
    Skiara and Bazinga'd like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Was digging around and found this!!! Vital information!!

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Found what? Something didnt post/link.

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No, just the thread on page two. Hard for newbies to find over there.

Having said that..

Board: Expanded Universe
    Thread title: New Jedi Order/Legacy of the Force Fan Club
    Thread category: Fans of the Two Book Series
    Thread content: Discussing characters, idea, details and personalities of the EU Characters Disney did not choose to go with. Many of us still love the books regardless!

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's why I've added it to the header. All important threads can be found there or within the stickied index. :)

21. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Board: Art Forum
    Thread: "Under the Sea" Mer-May 2019 Challenge
    Thread Category: Art Challenge
    Thread content: A fun art challenge to create mermaid inspired artworks for the month of May. Titles and colours will be awarded for the winning pieces.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
  23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Board: PT Forum
    Thread: PT interview thread
    Thread category: Interview thread
    Thread content: Want people to ask you questions about anything from the Star Wars prequels to what your favorite type of pizza is? Come on down and send me a Private Message so you can be added to the list

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thread: The Art Banner Saga - Art Challenge
    Thread Category: Art Banner Challenge
    Thread content: An opportunity to create art that will become a part of the new Art Forum banner. Titles and colours will be awarded for the selected pieces.

Thread: "Daughters of Triton" - Mer-May 2020 Challenge
    Thread Category: Art Challenge
    Thread content: A fun art challenge to create mermaid inspired artworks for the month of May. Titles and colours will be awarded for the winning pieces.

Bazinga'd likes this.