main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Deena Shan

Streets of Mos Eisley

As the young woman rode on top of Ronin, she could see a small group of people trying to help someone up ahead. "Wonder who they're trying to help. Maybe we can help as well, huh Ronin?"

The Bantha agreed in his bison-like sound.

She and Ronin were finally with the small group that was on the streets. Jumping down from Ronin, Deena came to the group, and looked down. There on the ground, was Han. "Oh no! Han!!" She glanced around. Indy nor Threepio were in sight. But there was the dark haired boy, the blue Twi'lek female, the Wookie, a scary looking droid, and two Ewoks.

"What happened here? What's wrong with Han?" Deena asked worryingly. She needed someone to tell her. Anyone.

Tag: Boba, Mission, Zaalbar, Han, HK-47, Wicket, and Logray

2. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Indiana Jones:

At first, there was darkness.

Within the darkness, a bright point of pain.

Gradually, he realized that it was not total darkness, as light leaked around the edges. That was when he realized that his eyes were closed. He tried to open them, but there was resistance, as if the lids were glued shut. The resistance was minuscule, though, as they parted moments later.

After taking a moment to properly focus his vision, made fuzzy from an extended length of time without sight, Indy found that he was looking at a drab brown wall directly ahead of him. There were boxed piled in the left corner, and a series of metal shelves were set about six feet off the ground. A storeroom of some kind. It was when he tried to follow the line of the shelves along the walls to the sides and behind him a second later, that he found out he had been tied to a chair.

While discovering his predicament, he had twisted his body to the side, and what had been a single focused point of pain on his left side now diffused throughout his body. He cried out, and felt ridges in the tongue where his teeth had bitten in. Time to take inventory of myself. Obviously, his arm and shoulder were still broken, but the telltale signs that suggested a concussion were absent. He felt tightness around his forehead, and made an educated guess that blood had dried all over the front of his face, hence the initial difficulty in opening his eyes.

Suddenly, Indy heard a soft sound behind him, as if of wood sliding on wood, and then silence. The flesh on the back of his neck crawled. Someone was watching him! ?Who?s there? What do you want??

?I ask questions. I do not answer them.? It was not a normal human voice. It almost sounded like Vader, but was quite certain it was not him. That voice was indelibly imprinted in Indy?s memory. ?You might have already noticed that I fixed up most of what was ailing you. Of course, I left you a reminder of your lovely little trip through the desert air. Could not have you being too comfortable.?

There was the sound of metal, and then Indy could hear creaking. The person was opening a door behind him. He tried to see who it was, but could not twist around enough to catch even a glimpse. Plus, of course, the pain.

The Vader-like voice continued from behind Indy. ?First question: Who are you? You are not Han Solo.? Indy?s blood ran cold. If this person knew about Solo, and was willing to go to such extremes to find out more, nothing good could come of giving him any further information. ?He is not as old as you appear to be.? Indy said nothing, and that was when something cold and metallic tapped against the arm, and a galaxy of stars bloomed behind his eyes. He promised himself he would not yell and give the other man the satisfaction. He nearly passed out, however, but mercifully, or unmercifully in this instance, did not. ?Every time you hesitate or do not answer one of my questions, I will make you remember your trip again.?

Oh, I am in so much trouble.

TAG: No one

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: A bit mia for the next two days. So... Luke: Just dump Palps off to meditate. Aayla: Quinlan will explain everything about the ship between this post and the next one but he has not yet discussed Tholme's death. Threepio is still off. Batman is with Ben who is also mia for the moment. If I have time this evening, I'll put one more Palpatine post up.

Quinlan Vos

Quinlan could tell that Aayla was still disoriented with everything that had happened. He needed to convey the information quickly but carefully. Before he could however, he was disturbed to suddenly see the presence of his friend jovially appear out of no where.

"Hello, old friends. What a surprise to see you two here."

Aayla responded immediately. Quinlan was too stunned. How could he be so happy? He'd left Anakin and the twins for weeks alone. Suddenly he returns out of nowhere? Where was he when Tholme laid down his life for the children?!

"Master Kenobi, I'm glad to see you"

Quinlan could not say the feeling was mutual. He and Qui-Gon had nearly ran off to rescue him. Apparently he didn't need a rescue.

Through their former Master/Padawan bond, Quinlan felt Aayla communicate her thoughts to him Something is wrong with him.

This snapped Quinlan out of his thoughts and he reached out with the force. Indeed something was wrong with Obi-Wan. Had the nebulans done this? Could he be an impersonator? a fake? A trap? Quinlan's hand began moving towards his waist.

Suddenly Galen appeared and confronted Kenobi. "PROXY?" he inquired.

Suddenly the form of Obi-Wan reverted into a droid. Quinlan felt his anger starting to build. He steadied himself, allowing the force to fill him with calm.

"Nothing to be worried about. Uh, this is my droid."

Quinlan turned to PROXY, his face etched in stone and his teeth clenched. "Don't do that again" he warned.

He turned back to Aayla.

"Aayla, there is something I need to tell you. You need to know what this place is and why you are here."

Tag: Aayla, Dooku, PROXY, Galen

4. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: For some 16 weeks, my involvment in this RP is going to be cut back a bit, as I have some College Algebra classes in my community college.

IC: as Galen Marek/Starkiller, PROXY
    Lars' Homestead

Galen frowned somewhat when he heard Quinlan's tone in his response. However, he took it in stride, as he turned back torwards the homestead.

However, before he walked back torwards the building, he quickly clutched the droid, and had him turn torwards him.

"PROXY..." he said, whispering in a low tone in the droid's ear. "Keep an eye on them."

"As you wish, Master Marek. However, might I make an enquiry?"

"Ask away."

"These beings," The droid looked briefly at Masters Secura and Vos. They looked every bit as they pictured them, their training programs stored in his databank. However, the Imperial records on them claimed they were dead. "Master, aren't they..."

"I know, I know," he said waving it off. "That they're supposed to be dead. It appears that are others in the same circumstance as I am. Plucked out of their own time, as Count Dooku seemed to say."

"Count Dooku is here as well, Master?"

"Yes, an even more strange circumstance. However, he appeared to have some knowledge on what happened..." Galen now turned torwards the homestead, turning to leave. "I'm going to ask if he knows anything else.

"In the meantime, these are your orders. Comm me if something happens."

"As you command, Master Marek."

With that, Galen turned to leave, passing by the two Jedi Masters as he reentered the homestead, Dooku still there when he returned.

"Sorry, there was a...situation outside." He said that with a slight chuckle. However, his sanguine demeanror faded, his face once again stone as he turned torwards the Count again.

"Count," he said, his arms folded across his chest. " You told me of Master Secura's circumstance as if she was new to this situation. Well, I also admit that I'm a stranger to this as well."

His tone grew inquisitive. "So, I take it you have some experience with this?"

TAG: Dooku, Vos, Secura

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Have I not spotted it, or am I still waiting on my update for my Tusken´s? I´ll post once more, so the situation is clear.

A´Sharad Hett
    Desert

When he finally found them, deep inside the Jundland deserts, he did not hesitate to approach them. Hesitation was not common among his people. "Aaargh! Aaargh!" he greeted the men in their own language. His language. The one he had been raised in.

They were three hunters, all of them standing next ot their Bantha´s and preparing for a hunt, obviously. Yet, he wondered if this were Tusken´s, if this was Tatooine.

"A´Sharad of Clan Sundown!" He shouted to them in Tusken and raised his lightsabers, not activated, into the air. A greeting of a warrior. "I must know what happened here? Are our people the only ones left?" He stopped a few meters away from them.

Tag: Coruscant

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Streets, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Han was drifting in and out of the darkness, a restless sleep that continued to plague him with visions of pain and suffering. But somehow, he knew it wasn't a dream. The agony he was in was very real and he vaguely recalled the harsh reality that he had been shot. But by whom and why? Nothing made sense anymore.

A cold sensation suddenly washed over his mouth and trailed down the back of his throat, shocking him from his delirious slumber. Water. He gulped, wanting more, but his body wanted to reject the cool liquid and he gagged, the reaction threatening to bring up the contents of his stomach. But he fought it, forcing back the sensation and focusing solely on how good it felt. It was like breathing new life into him and it brought enough confidence to allow his eyelids to flutter open once more.

Several figures were surrounding him, silhouetted against the glaring light of the suns. It was hard to make out details, but he was fairly certain they weren't a threat...at least, not yet. In fact, when one of the figures spoke, it caused his heart to flutter in anticipation. He would recognize those distinct growls and grunts anywhere.

"C-Chewie...? he asked in a raspy whisper. "I-Is that you?"

TAG: Zaalbar, Mission, Boba Fett, Deena Shan, Threepio, Wicket, HK-47

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Sorry, I've fallen ill this weekend and I'm not feeling up to any more posts right now :( . Hopefully later, but I can't promise anything.

8. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

IC: Mission Vao

~Mos Eisley street~

Missison felt relieved when she saw the wounded man drink the water, until he gagged on it. Zaalbar carefully - and with a gentleness that always astonished the beings who didn?t know him - turned him to his side, so if things went wrong and he had to throw up, it wouldn?t stick in his throat. She fervently hoped he wouldn?t have to vomit and luckily, he didn?t.

Zaalbar went back to giving him more water, while Mission made the mistake of looking at the wound again. With the man turned she finally had full access to it and could take proper care of it, but it looked so awful. It made her stomach go all wobly again.

No, this wouldn?t do. It would be too embarrassing if she was the one throwing up. She wasn?t going to humiliate herself like that.

*Get a grip!* she told herself furiously. *And help him. You know how to do this! How bad the wound is has nothing to do with it, it only means he needs more bacta and this pack is big enough. That?s it, I?ll just concentrate on the bacta and the sealing bandage and I?ll stop seeing anything else.*

That attitude helped, although finally putting the pack over the wound helped even more. It made everything underneath it nicely invisible.

?That?s good work,? she heard a voice. Looking up she saw Boba and couldn?t help but grin up at him like an idiot, glad he was all right.

?Thanks.? She made sure the bandage sealed the bacta securely to the wound, while Boba stepped over the man. He still had his blaster at the ready, which was a good thing, because Zaalbar was still busy as well, making sure the man didn?t drink too fast or choke on it.

?Agreement: Good work, for a meat bag,? his droid said. She grinned at him as well. It made her even forgive him the term ?meat bag? and hold her tongue. She could call him a bucket of rusty bolds another time.

Boba was scanning the surrounding buildings and alleys. ?We should get out of the open until we find and eliminate the shooter,? he said. ?Does he have any weapons or an ID??

She quickly checked before she stood. ?A blaster, but I don?t see anything like an ID. And you?re right, now that the wound is treated we should get him out of here. And those poor Ewoks too.? She went to the one laying nearby, holding his arm as if it was in pain.

?I wish that golden droid was awake, so he could translate between us. Hey?.? She looked at Boba?s droid. ?How is yours with languages? Could he? Frak, what?s that??

A huge animal came walking down the street, the biggest blasted thing she had ever seen in her life. It was covered in hair even shaggier than Zaalbar?s and wicked looking horns curled at both sides of its enormous head. But most surprising of all, something that made her jaw drop, there was someone sitting right smack on top of him.

She quickly pulled her blaster and stepped beside Boba.

?Isn?t that the woman who was in the cantina?? she hissed at him and Zaalbar. Just then the woman and her monster reached them. "Oh no! Han!" she cried out as she jumped off. "What happened here? What's wrong with Han?"

?Seems she knows who he is,? Mission said to Boba, lowering her blaster. To the woman she said, ?He?s shot, Ma?am, that?s all we really know. We were still in the cantina when we heard the shooting and an explosion. He? Han? was down and so were the Ewoks and the droid, and the other man who was with them has been taken away by someone. There?s been no shooting since. Don?t worry, I think he?ll be all right." Meaning she hoped he'd be all right. "The wound?s been taken care off. Hey, since you know him, do you know if he or his friend has any enemies who could have done this? Any chance they?d come back??

Just then the man himself suddenly said something. He was staring up at Zaalbar and whispering, "C-Chewie...? I-Is that you?"

[Mission, we need to get him off the street, now] Zaalbar growled. [I?ll carry him, you take care of the others.]

TAG: Boba, Deena, Han, Wicket, Logran, C-3PO[

9. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: loaning Anakin again...

IC: Qui-Gon Jinn

~Jabba?s stronghold~

Ben and Batman seemed totally engrossed in the monitors and control systems when Qui-Gon left, but before he went through the door Ben looked up at him with that typical small smile he had.

?Please try not to get yourself into too much trouble...?, he said, chuckled and added almost solemnly, ?...Master.?

?Brat,? Qui-Gon said with affection and closed the door on them. Batman looked like he knew what he was doing, so the two of them should be able to secure this place. Time to see if it was truly safe on the inside as well. He still didn?t like this place.

It wasn?t until he entered yet another circular hallway when it struck him. He had just called a man about his own age ?brat?, as if he still was his young apprentice.

He sighed as the weirdness of it all caught up with him again. When he saw a shaft of sunlight fall through of one of the many entrances to the hallway, he followed it and ended at a thick, parasteel window. Outside the rocks shimmered in the heat and harsh beams of the twin suns. Qui-Gon felt the need to connect with the planet, but he knew that opening the window would merely let the sweltering heat into the relative coolness of the stronghold.

He had another, a better way though.

Casting his senses out with the help of the Force, he felt confident that all was safe for now. He took his lightsaber in his hands ? no need to take unnecessary changes - knelt in his favorite meditation position and closed his eyes, immerging himself completely in the Force.

He didn?t know how long his meditation lasted, the Force flowing through him, whispering to him, helping him let go of his anxieties and confusion, making his path clear once again. When he opened his eyes, he knew it didn?t matter that this wasn?t his own time and place. He would still do what the Force told him to and right now it spoke as clearly about Anakin to him as it always had.

The boy needed to be trained.

He stood in one flowing motion, took one last look outside and, seeing nothing threatening, turned back to the huge central hallway where he knew the princess and the children still were.

He felt Anakin?s coiled energy long before he entered the hallway.

?Qui-Gon, you?re back,? Anakin yelled, running at him with all the exuberance of youth. Qui-Gon smiled when he saw it and felt the boy?s enthusiasm. ?Where?s Ben and Batman??

?They found the security room and were working on the system when I left. I don?t think they?ll be working at it for much longer. Now?.? He folded his hands before him and looked down at the boy. ?You were going to show me what you know about handling a lightsaber, remember? So, let?s start. Show me the moves you have already learned from Obi-Wan.?

?Yeah!? Anakin grabbed his saber, took the defensive stance of form I and ignited his blade. Good, Obi-Wan had started at the basics.

He put his hands in his sleeves and gave Anakin a curt nod. ?The First form, padawan.? Only when the word had left his mouth, did he realize what he had said. But it felt right. After all, Obi-Wan had already started Anakin?s training, so the boy *was* a padawan.

Movement at the end of the room made him look up. The princess stood watching them. In that brief glance he gave her, before he focused back on Anakin, he felt the Force inside her as he had before. She felt almost as strong in the Force as Anakin. Something he should talk about with Obi? with Ben.

TAG: Ben, Batman, Anakin, Leia

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ex-Grand Admiral Daala
    Mos Eisley

As Vader suddenly appeared she felt a sinking feeling as he spoke, "Well there goes this neighborhood." She whispered to Siri.

"Aye!" She shouted out hitting the ignition as she swung to port and gunned it down a side street before turning away without hopefully giving Siri a chance to hop out. As soon as she came to another she hiked it down that one and shot off.

"I hate idiot brutes." she muttered as they went and soon stopped as she came around a turn towards some recent noise. Where they stopped in front of some interesting and somewhat familiar faces.

TAG: Vader, Siri, Han, Wicket, Boba, Deena, HK-47, C-3PO, Mission

OOC: Sorry for delay, currently absorbed by the Lightsaber Masters Tourney. If needed and reply lacking, either PM or feel free to move and drag Daala along for now.

11. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Streets of Mos Eisley

?He?s shot, Ma?am, that?s all we really know. We were still in the cantina when we heard the shooting and an explosion. He? Han? was down and so were the Ewoks and the droid, and the other man who was with them has been taken away by someone. There?s been no shooting since. Don?t worry, I think he?ll be all right."

Deena glanced down and stared at Han sadly. "This is all my fault! I shoulda been there for him!" she thought to herself.

"The wound?s been taken care off. Hey, since you know him, do you know if he or his friend has any enemies who could have done this? Any chance they?d come back??

Deena scratched her head and bit her lower lip. Then she answered, "Well... the enemies I know so far are Darth Vader and the Empire. That's all I know..."

She looked back at Han. Then she glanced at the female Twi'lek and the others. "Thank you for helping him."

Ronin made a bison-like sound for everyone to hear.

Deena smiled. "Ronin's happy that you helped Han too."

Tag: Mission, Zaalbar, Han, Boba Fett, C-3PO, Wicket, Logray, HK-47

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Streets, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

The Wookiee responded by offering him more water and gently turned him onto his good side as he began to choke once more on the cool liquid. Han groped hopelessly at the gritty sand beneath him as he struggled to bring himself under control when prying hands around his wound made him stop cold. Someone was touching him and no matter how gentle they tried to be, the slightest movement still sent an agonizing wave of pain coursing through his body. He winced, clenching his teeth together as he tried to squirm away from the source of his suffering.

But almost as soon as it had begun, it was all over. A cool, soothing sensation flooded the area around the wound as the same pair of hands secured a bandage to his torso, no doubt saturated with the healing salve known as bacta. Han released a sigh and forced himself to roll over onto his back, blinking up into the twin suns in an attempt to get a good look at his savior. The figure was still silhouetted against the harsh light, but the headtails were a dead giveaway. A Twi'lek. But what would Chewie be doing with a Twi'lek?

"C-Chewie...w-what--" he tried to ask what was going on, but his voice failed to cooperate. Either he was still too weak or what little water he managed to get down wasn't enough. Damn this place!

"[Mission, we need to get him off the street, now] the Wook growled. [I?ll carry him, you take care of the others.]"

Mission? Who was Mission? Was that the Twi'lek? What the hell was going on?!

As if this Mission person wasn't enough, he didn't particularly like the idea of being carted around by a Wookiee either. Sure, he could barely move so as it is, but getting a piggyback ride from a Wook wasn't exactly a better alternative. Mustering up what little strength he had left, Han struggled to pull himself up into a sitting position...and immediately regretted it. A fresh wave of pain radiated from his wound and it succeeded in taking his breath away, cutting off whatever protest he was gonna throw back at the Wookiee. With a grunt, he allowed himself to collapse back to the sand.

He had managed to deplete what little energy he had left and the darkness started to return to the edges of his vision when he noticed a new figure approaching his position. "Thank you for helping him."

Han swallowed, the action bringing tears to his eyes as a result of his throat being dry. He knew that voice.

"Ronin's happy that you helped Han too."

"Deena..." he managed to choke out before the darkness reclaimed him.

TAG: Deena Shan, Mission, Zaalbar, Boba Fett, HK-47, Threepio, the Ewoks, Daala and Siri

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i'm still without internet at home, so i'll try to reply to any tags as soon as i can. Feel free to drag Wicket along for now, cause i dont have time to add a reply for him.

IC: Ben Kenobi

?Brat.? Ben couldnt help a laugh, as Qui-Gon clearly got his little joke before leaving the room.

Grabbing Batman?s communicator, Ben started exploring it. ?It?s a little primitive, but that works to our advantage in this case?, he added with a smile. After working on it for a while, Ben finally got what he wanted, ?There? you?re all set. If our perimeter is breached, your comlink will notify you?.

Looking around at the now fully functional com room, Ben got up. ?I think we should get back with the others now? Force knows what trouble Qui-Gon and Anakin will get themselves into together?, Ben added.

As Ben left the room and started to make his way back, he knew he still needed to have another talk with his former Master. There was so much more he needed to know. ?I just hope he?s ready to hear it?, he mumbled to himself.

Making his way back to the others, Ben walked in on time to see Qui-Gon instructing Anakin with a lightsaber. He remembered Anakin?s excitement when he started teaching him lightsaber technique all those years ago. It was so strange to see it happen again, only this time he wasn?t the Master. Memories flooded him of his time with his padawan: the laughter when one managed to burn the other?s tunic, the wounded fingers as they tried different moves over and over again, the joy they both felt when they successfully completed it.

At that moment, memories of Mustafar came back aswell: how Vader had fought, how he was forced to stop him. Closing his eyes, Ben took a couple of deep breaths and tried to push those away. ?This isn?t the time?, he admonished himself.

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon, Leia, Anakin

IC: Siri Tachi

Siri?s eyes snapped towards Daala as Vader spoke, ?You have done well to keep the Jedi occupied until I could arrive, Admiral. Now, go do what has been assigned of you.? Igniting his lightsaber he added, ?I?ll take care of this one.?

Siri felt betrayed. Was it possible that Daala set her up like this?. ?Well there goes the neighborhood?, the imperial woman whispered. Before Siri could reply, Daala hit the accelerator. For a brief moment, Siri believed she got out of the sticky situation intact. It was then she felt herself pushed backwards and out of the moving speeder. Landing hard face first on the sand, she felt the air knocked out of her, as sand impaired her vision.

Coughing up, she looked around and struggled to get up. It was then she saw him in front of her. ?Vader?, she spat. Igniting her own lightsaber, Siri got ready for the duel.

TAG: Daala, Vader

14. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The traitorous slattern actually accelerated around me. It was a surprisingly brazen move; I would never have imagined that she could disobey a direct order from a representative of the Emperor. Once I informed Sidious that the Admiral was helping a Jedi escape justice, there would be nowhere she could run. She had made her choice, and I would enjoy ending her life personally.

Of course, the now-former Admiral?s sacrifice was for naught. Even as the speeder took off, I lifted the Jedi from it with the power of the Force. She fell with a satisfying thump face-first into the sand, and I stepped forward to receive her. The sport was almost ready to begin.

After standing up, she spat out, ?Vader.? Her lightsaber ignited, and she got into a defensive position. Pitiful Jedi, never taking the offensive. I would see just how good this particular one was, and whether she had raised her own abilities beyond the standard ineptitude of the rest of her Order.

"You are not happy to see me?" I held the saber up before her eyes. "I brought you a gift." The tip of the sword pointed toward her now as I continued. ?I hope you realize that you have just helped kill your friend.? The saber dipped, then made a circle in the air in front of her. ?Let that weigh upon you, for the short amount of time you have left.?

I took a half step forward and swung toward her head, but then, at the very last second, reversed direction and sent the saber toward her left shoulder, to see if I could cleave the joint in two.

TAG: Siri, Daala

15. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Still waiting on Rilwen.

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:Emperor Palpatine

"Did you know of the Clone Wars, or did you skip all of it?"

"I suppose the latter option Luke. I was a participant in the Clone Wars, but I was never on the front line."

?We?re coming up to a place soon that?s perfect for that. We call it Beggar?s Canyon. I spent a lot of my youth there.?

"That will suffice. I only require a few hours to heal. Then we can decide what to do next."

When Luke mentioned Obi-Wan's remains, Palpatine simply nodded his head, choosing to remain silent. When he made his offer to complete the boy's training, Luke was quiet for a moment before replying

?I . . . will have to think about that. Once we get to the Canyon, I?ll drop you off at one of the denser rock formations, which will provide you with shelter and a place to meditate. Then, I?ll take a drive.?

"A drive? I would advise caution. I realize that you are familiar with this place, but I can sense danger through the force. There are dark forces on this planet young Skywalker. You must be wary."

"Don?t worry, I won?t go far. I just have a lot to ponder. This isn?t a decision a person can make within a second. You understand that, don?t you?"

"Of course. This is not something you should take lightly. The path of the jedi is a difficult one. And I was a harsh master. I had high expectations for all of my students. Many surpassed them. Others..." He trailed off to play up his dramatic effect and lowered his head in silence.

Tag:Luke

17. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    IC Boba Fett

~The Streets Of Mos Eisley~

Boba gave an intake of breath that sounded nervous and exasperated at the same time. The desolated city now had beings of every shape and size appearing all at once. The future bounty hunter began to feel the smothering sensation of claustrophobia out in the open surrounded be so many strangers.

How could he possibly tell which were dangerous?

Boba Fett lowered his blaster?only slightly, trying to be careful to not instigate any unnecessary violence. At least the odds he would get some answers were looking more and more likely.

"The wound?s been taken care off. Hey, since you know him, do you know if he or his friend has any enemies who could have done this? Any chance they?d come back??

Deena scratched her head and bit her lower lip. Then she answered, "Well... the enemies I know so far are Darth Vader and the Empire. That's all I know..."

?I wish that golden droid was awake, so he could translate between us. Hey?.? She looked at Boba?s droid. ?How is yours with languages? Could he? Frak, what?s that??

The boy hardly heard the rust colored assassin droid speaking beside him as he angled his head slightly, looking up wide eyed at the fur-covered creature completely speechless.

?Irritated statement: You were perhaps reassembled more poorly than I thought, blue meat bag with odd tail-like appendages, I am fluent in over 6,000 forms of communication, up to and including the quite efficient universal language of violence.?

?Isn?t that the woman who was in the cantina?? Mission hissed. Just then the woman and her monster reached them. "Oh no! Han!" she cried out as she jumped off. "What happened here? What's wrong with Han?"

?Seems she knows who he is,? Mission said to Boba, lowering her blaster. To the woman she said, ?He?s shot, Ma?am, that?s all we really know. We were still in the cantina when we heard the shooting and an explosion. He? Han? was down and so were the Ewoks and the droid, and the other man who was with them has been taken away by someone. There?s been no shooting since. Don?t worry, I think he?ll be all right. The wound?s been taken care off. Hey, since you know him, do you know if he or his friend has any enemies who could have done this? Any chance they?d come back??

Mission may have been trusting of this new stranger, but the heir of Jango Fett certainly wasn?t. He took his blaster in two hands, ready to raise it quickly as he studied the new female for threats.

Just then the wounded man himself suddenly said something. He was staring up at Zaalbar and whispering, "C-Chewie...? I-Is that you?"

Zaalbar growled something in his language and looked to be reaching downward to lift the human. The nearest structures besides the cantina were a used droid lot, or a junkyard. Unfortunately it seemed like the best choice was the cantina yet again.

She looked back at Han. Then she glanced at the female Twi'lek and the others. "Thank you for helping him."

The strange creature made a bison-like sound for everyone to hear that caused the already on edge boy to jump slightly with surprise.

Deena smiled. "Ronin's happy that you helped Han too."

"Deena..." The wounded corellian managed to choke out hardly audibly.

?Miss?Deena? Perhaps you ken enswer a few questions while we get out of the open.? Boba Fett tried to be polite, blaster comfortable and ready in both hands, and nodded behind him at the Wookie leading the way to indicate the way he wanted Deena to follow. The new female?s hair reminded him of Zam?that thought was oddly more painful than the future bounty hunter had anticipated.

Before Deena could answer, the dark, curly haired boy saw over the blonde's shoulder the arrival of the copper-haired, regal looking Admiral Daala...Honestly...Boba Fett had nev

18. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Streets of Mos Eisley

"Deena..." he managed to choke out before the darkness reclaimed him.

The young woman looked down at Han with saddened eyes. She really wished she was there for him. Then the dark, curly haired boy began to speak. ?Miss?Deena? Perhaps you ken enswer a few questions while we get out of the open.?

But before Deena could say anything, the boy saw something over her shoulder. She too turned around and looked. It looked like another female was approaching. Wait... was that an Imperial uniform the other female was wearing?

Deena stared hard at the woman, keeping her hand close to her blaster that was in her holster. Ronin stood behind her, wondering who that woman was.

Tag: Boba Fett, Mission, Zaalbar, Han, HK-47, Wicket, Logray, and Admiral Daala

19. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Luke Skywalker:

When Luke asked about whether Dyas knew of the Clone Wars or missed them, the Master said, "I suppose the latter option Luke. I was a participant in the Clone Wars, but I was never on the front line."

It was definitely better for him not to know how they ended, then. ?Well, there was no great mystery to it. The Republic won.?

He told Dyas about their destination, Beggar?s Canyon, to which the older man replied, "That will suffice. I only require a few hours to heal. Then we can decide what to do next."

Luke tried to think of something suitable to say. ?I hope you can find peace and the solace you seek there.? He nearly winced at how childish and simplistic the words sounded.

Luke had mentioned dropping the Master off alone so that the younger man could take a drive. "A drive? I would advise caution. I realize that you are familiar with this place, but I can sense danger through the force. There are dark forces on this planet young Skywalker. You must be wary."

?You probably sense more of the beings that attacked you before, but they won?t attack unless they sense weakness, and I know how to deal with them.? While maintaining one hand on the wheel, he reached out and patted the other man?s shoulder. ?Besides, the Canyon is a little out of the way for most tribes.?

The younger man then said that he had to ponder Dyas? offer to train him. "Of course. This is not something you should take lightly. The path of the jedi is a difficult one. And I was a harsh master. I had high expectations for all of my students. Many surpassed them. Others..." He lapsed into silence, then, and Luke didn?t need much imagination or knowledge of the Force to know who the Master meant.

That was when Luke spotted their destination coming up fast. ?Thank you for understanding. The loss of my former Master still runs deep, and it might take me a while to accept another.? They pulled up to the perfect formation for the Master?s purposes, and Luke got out and went around to the older man?s side in order to open the door for him. ?I?ll be back very soon.? After making sure that the other man was settled properly, Luke got back in and took off.

TAG: Palps

20. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Minch, do you already know what you want us to do with Logran? Find him dead or drag his (unconscious?) body along for now?

~Street in Mos Eisley~

The woman on the huge beast scratched her head before she answered, "Well... the enemies I know so far are Darth Vader and the Empire. That's all I know..."

Not much to go on. Mission had never heard of a Darth Vader amongst the Sith, someone minor perhaps? And she didn?t think Tatooine belonged to any Empire, so she shrugged that off as nonsense.

?Thank you for helping him,? the woman said, still looking at the wounded man she had called Han. When Mission looked at him as well, she saw to her consternation that he was struggling to sit up. She started to go to him, ready to rip him one for his stupidity, when he collapsed back with a grunt. He choked out, ?Deena? and became quiet, very quiet.

?Looks like he?s blackened out?, she said to Zaalbar.

[Yes. I will take him inside now.] Zaalbar narrowed his eyes and studied the surrounding buildings. [This house we are in front of will do fine,] he decided. With one quick swoop he took Han in his arms and hurried inside.

Mission looked at the woman. ?So, he?s Han, huh? And your name?s Deena??

?Miss?Deena?? Boba asked. ?Perhaps you ken enswer a few questions while we get out of the open.?

?That too,? Mission agreed. She went to the Ewok closest and knelt beside him. ?But first will you two help with him and the other Ewok? Hey, rustheap,? she called out to Boba?s droid. ?Since you?re so good with languages, will you tell him we want to help him and his friend, and are going to get them out of the sun??

The others didn?t answer. They were staring at a speeder stopping in front of them. The woman inside was wearing what was clearly a uniform, although none that Mission had ever seen. And the blond woman, Deena, had suddenly stiffened, her hand hovering over her blaster.

?Crap,? was all Mission could think of to say. Now what? More problems?

She was also getting weary about the fact that this was yet another human. She was beginning to wonder if that meant something.

TAG: everyone around

OOC: There you go and mention trouble again, Veloz, so I thought I shouldn?t dissapoint [face_skull] Loaning Anakin again.

[b]IC: Qui-Gon Jinn[/b]

~Jabba?s stronghold~

Qui-Gon was impressed by what Anakin had learned in the short time he had said he?d been with Obi-Wan. Only two months and he already knew some excellent Form 1 moves.

?Very good,? he told Anakin truthfully. The boy immediately beamed up at him.

?Really? Obi-Wan said so too, but?.? He faltered, his face suddenly sad and Qui-Gon stepped closer to put a hand on one small shoulder.

?Don?t worry, I haven?t forgotten about him. We?ll find a way to get him back. And I meant what I said, you have learned much in the short time he had to teach you. You have a natural gift for accessing the Force and it shows in how you move with the blade.?

Anakin beamed again. ?I like practicing with the saber, it?s fun. And it?s not as hard as some of the other stuff.?

?Like meditation?? Qui-Gon guessed. ?Don?t worry, it?s only another way of feeling the Force flow through you, you?ll get the hang of it sooner or later.?

Anakin made a face and Qui-Gon was hard pressed to keep from laughing. Anakin hadn?t been raised from early childhood learning to meditate, and he could imagine how dull it might appear to a boy as full of energy as him.

?Obi-Wan clearly focused on survival skills when he taught you, which is as it should be. But right now I would like to go back to the basic katas with you first, before we move further. We will focus not on the fighting aspects of the move, but on your balance and on how the Force flows through you. That means we?ll be going through them all slow, very slow.?

?Oh, all right.? Anakin looked less enthusiastic now and this time Qui-Gon let his smile slip free.

?It won?t be as bad as it sou

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Logray is unconscious and Threepio is off. Both will be active again within the next 2 days.

22. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    OOC: My apologies. University things required much of my attention, when I wasn't battling our frequently failing internet.

IC: Count Dooku

Dooku had watched from the doorway as Galen addressed a droid that had posed as Kenobi, then moved back inside as the younger man returned.

"So, I take it you have some experience with this?"

Dooku nodded. "Master Tholme there, Master Vos, and some others I've seen here were amongst those of us in the original predicament. We were taken from various points in our lives, in some cases revived to do so, and forced to endure life-threatening situations on a ship we discovered was known as the Executor. One by one, we were picked off by a pair of murderers hiding within our ranks, while a group of powerful beings known as the Nebulans forced us into undertaking challenges for their amusement. The Nebulans were the cause of our gathering. They informed us at one point that we were merely copies of our usual selves, and that beyond the ship, time continued normally for our real selves and all others."

He shook his head. "Whether that's true I do not know. But in the end, almost all of us died. I remember doing so myself. Then we were brought here, for reasons unknown."

Tag: Starkiller

IC: Aayla Secura

As Quinlan explained the past events to her, she found herself almost incredulous with shock. Then, finally, she gathered her composure. She was a Jedi Master. Even the strangest events couldn't change that.

She would do her duty as a Jedi, in whatever ways this place allowed.

"All right," she said, as calmly as she could manage. "What do we do now?"

Tag: Vos

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:Emperor Palpatine

As the landspeeder drew closer to Beggar's Canyon, Luke slowed the speeder and turned to look at Palpatine.

"I hope you can find peace and the solace you seek there."

Palpatine said nothing, only nodding his head.

"You probably sense more of the beings that attacked you before, but they won?t attack unless they sense weakness, and I know how to deal with them. Besides, the Canyon is a little out of the way for most tribes."

"Now that I know what to accept, I will be on my guard. I'm certain I will encounter no further trouble with those beings."

Finally spotting the destination, Luke slowed the speeder to a halt.

"Thank you for understanding. The loss of my former Master still runs deep, and it might take me a while to accept another."

"The bond of a Master and Apprentice is one of the strongest bonds to have. It is nearly impossible to break such a bond. I assure you that I have no intention of doing so. Go and meditate and listen to the will of the force for guidance. You will know what path to take."

Luke got out of the speeder and walked around toward Palpatine's side and opened the door.

"I?ll be back very soon."

Palpatine nodded. "I will wait here."

He limped off toward a nearby formation of rocks and lowered himself into a sitting position. He watched as Luke departed in the landspeeder. After the speeder grew out of his line of sight, he removed his commlink from his belt and set the channel to a private frequency.

"Lord Vader. Report." He ordered.

Tag: Luke, Vader

[b]IC: Quinlan Vos[/b]

Quinlan watched as Aayla attempted to absorb the overwhelming information he had just given her. And he had not even revealed Tholme's fate yet. He could recall how overwhelmed he became when he had learned all of this. He at least had the benefit of being subjected to it gradually. He worried that the grief could very well break her. It nearly broke him. But he pressed on.
    [i]
    "All right. What do we do now?"[/i]

Quinlan let out a deep sigh. "We had all rushed over to this homestead to secure Anakin and the twins. We just barely beat the sith here. In order to escape, Master Tholme created a diversion. Master Kenobi- the Old Master Kenobi, Master Jinn and the others I told you about all escaped to secret location that only Master Kenobi knew about. I was on my way into town to rendezvous with Siri Tachi when I..." he paused, "When I felt Tholme die. He was killed by Emperor Palpatine. He's.. in there" Quinlan said, indicating the form on the sleepcouch inside.

"He...sacrificed himself to save the children. We need to find them or find Obi-Wan."

[b]Tag: Aayla, Dooku, Galen, PROXY[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC:[hl=yellow]Batman[/hl][/b]

Batman and Ben continued activating the security system in the control room. Ben wired Batman's communicator to receive the frequency.

[i]"It's a little primitive, but that works to our advantage in this case"[/i]

"It's actually quite advanced on my world. But you're right, compared to yours it is primitive.[/i]

After several moments, Ben handed him back the device. [i]"There? you?re all set. If our perimeter is breached, your comlink will notify you"[/i]

Batman wasn't sure why they called their communicators 'comlinks' but he nodded his thanks and prepared to exit the small room. He needed to do something. He was growing restless in this place. Perhaps he could find a suitable area to meditate and hone his skills. More urgently however was his need to resupply. He was quickly running low on batarangs and other devices on his belt. He would scout around this place and see if he couldn't restock with whatever strange technology the previous residents had.

He was on his way back towards the main area where he saw Ben, Anakin and Qui-Gon. Upon seeing him, Anakin said

[i]"Ben, Batman, look what I can do!"[/i]

Anakin attempted to display his sword fighting prowess but instead fumbled and hit something on the nearby dias. Suddenly the floor dropped out from underneath Qui-Gon and th

24. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Indiana Jones:

Hours passed, and though the pain continued, he did not talk.

Indy knew the room he was in. It was the bedroom he had lived in off an on for years in Princeton. Dad?s house. His mother looked over her shoulder at him as she stood at the window. ?Mom!? He ran to her, and they embraced. The brim of her hat was being crushed between them, but he did not care.

She backed away from him so that she could maintain her hold on him, but their eyes met. Moisture shimmered in both sets. ?You?re doing wonderfully, son.? Then, they swung around, and with arms entwined, they looked through the window. There was the big oak he had loved to climb, often with Indiana bounding at his heels.

With his free hand, Indy reached down to stroke the dog. Its eyes became slits and the tongue lolled as the hand took its journey from head to tail. Together, the three stood by the glass, Indy content to allow silence free reign, basking in the warm glow created just by being near loved ones.

Days passed, and though the pain continued, he did not talk.

His father studied Indy over the rim of his spectacles as they sat at the dinner table of the house they had shared in Moab. ?Don?t say anything to him, Junior.? Father reached out to son, putting his left hand on Indy?s right shoulder. The two men smiled at each other, then the hand left the younger man?s shoulder.

Indy?s nostrils flared as the scent of meat entered them, and he looked down at the eight-inch long piece of steak spilling over the sides of the plate, with beautifully golden broiled potatoes filling the empty spaces. After unleashing a cry usually reserved for a rendezvous with a woman, he attacked the meal. The meat exploded against his tongue, the juices hitting the back of his throat with a sensuous tickle. The two men did not even really have to say much. Just being here with his dad was enough.

Decades passed, and though the pain continued, he did not talk.

Short Round and Indy tossed the baseball around in the backyard of the house in Princeton while Indiana ran around both the oak tree and them, barking excitedly. ?Keep doing what you?re doing, Doctor Jones.? The ball flew into Indy?s glove, and Indy sent it back.

Anakin Skywalker caught it and said, ?He won?t break you.? Short Round threw Indy the ball again. The archaeologist and the young Chinese boy played catch, and Indy was content.

Centuries passed, and though the pain continued, he did not talk.

Marcus Brody sat behind his desk, with Indy sitting across from him. They were in Brody?s office at Marshall College. ?You have nothing to offer him, Indy.? His old friend said this while holding out a decanter of brandy. When both glasses were full, the two men clinked them together, then drank. Wonderful stuff. Indy had never had its equal. The long-time friends smiled at each other, wrapped in a comforting quietude.

Finally, there was an extended period in which the pain, though still present, mainly in the form of a broken arm (though other broken things soon joined it), began to subside. He remembered where he was, regrettably.

The chair he was tied to was facing the door now, which was closed, and he realized gradually that he was alone, that the sliding panel in the door was also closed. No one?s watching me right now. He began to rock the chair back and forth as fast as he could, disregarding the pain and tiredness that threatened to overwhelm him. Sleep later. Now?s your chance!

Finally, finally, he managed to tip the chair over to the right, and it fell apart around him as he hit the floor, loosening his bonds and bringing fresh pain, but not lessening the exhaustion one iota. I could just close my eyes for a moment, that?s all. A little rest couldn?t hurt. Immediately, he opened his eyes wide and began to struggle out of the ropes that remained slack around him; following his instincts would doom him.

He stood free and clear of his former imprisonment and s

25. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: tagging Wicket along for now - and starting on a little progress of time, so someone can catch up with Indy again at some point :)

~Street in Mos Eisley~

With the two women facing off, Mission decided to get to more important things. The little furball with the hurt arm was struggling up and he looked like he could use some help. Since it would be a relief if he could walk to the house instead of having to be carried, she bent down and carefully took his good arm to assist him up. He chattered something and she smiled at him encouragingly. ?Just trying to help. Come on, let?s get you inside as well and I?ll see what I can do about your hurts.?

"Captain Solo! He's been shot! HELP! HELP! Oh no! We've been hit! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Mission nearly jumped out of her skin when the droid started screeching at his full metallic voice capacity. Great, just great. Just what they needed with invisible shooters who could still be lurking around.

?Will you shut up before someone starts shooting again,? she shouted at the top of her lungs to get over the horrible sound. ?Or I?ll shoot you myself!?

The shrieking stopped, but the droid didn't fall silent. She didn?t pay attention to what he said though, she was too busy looking around her, and especially at the rooftops, for possible threats. Nothing, thank the Stars. Maybe the shooters really were gone.

What she did see was that the suns were standing considerably lower in the sky than when she and Zaalbar had arrived here.

?Hey, everyone," she adressed the group in general, "the day isn?t getting any younger. And I don?t know about all of you, but I don?t think this is a good place to be outside when it gets dark. I?m going inside.?

The Ewok beside her chittered something. At first Mission thought he was talking to the robot, but then she saw the other Ewok. He was on his knees and, of all things, bowing to the droid, who said something to him in their strange language.

Oh, good, she had feared he might have been? well, bad.

Just then the robot looked at them. "Oh dear," it said, its huge eyes gleaming in the light.

?Oh dear yourself,? she told it. ?Okay, I?m going to take this little one inside now. He needs his wounds taken care off. And I can really, really use a tall drink of water by now. More than one.? She checked if she still had the med kit and, keeping a firm grip on the Ewoks arm, supported him into the house Zaalbar had chosen.

Tag: Boba, HK, Deena, Daala, C3-PO, Logray, Wicket

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.