main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo (FotJ Era)
    Sand Dunes, Desert, Tatooine

Vader responded to Han's act of innocence in his usual, doom and gloom manner, which brought a thin smile to the older smuggler's face, until the air around him suddenly grew heavy and he found it hard to breathe. At first, he believed it to be the heat and humidity starting to take a toll on him, but then he realized that it was still early in the day and they were in the middle of the desert - it was a dry heat and the humidity wasn't a factor out here. Clearing his throat in an attempt to ease his discomfort, Han noticed that the Dark Lord's hand was lifted and curled in the feared gesture he had heard about for decades. He had never truly believed it to be real, but it was hard to deny its existence when he was standing here with some invisible force steadily tightening its grip on his windpipe.

"We don't have time for this," Siri finally stated, her voice amplified in Han's ears by the decreasing amount of oxygen reaching his brain. In a way, it almost sounded like an echo. "We need to get moving and find Obi-Wan as soon as possible. We don't know when the Nebulans might strike and trust me, you don't want to be unprepared when they do".

"I-I like her--agck!" he choked out with a wince, his hand now instinctively rising to his throat in a feeble attempt to clear his airways. He coughed and inhaled shakily before regaining his composure and trying again. "I-I like her way of t-thinking. Y-You won't get anywhere by--b-by killing me."

TAG: Vader, Siri, Vos

2. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: This is probably going to be my last post for a week. I?m off to NC where I will be without internet access. If anything happens with any of my characters, I will try to answer them when I get back next Sunday.

IC Jar Jar Binks:

After a few moments, where he was obviously digesting all of the information the Gungan had just provided, Kenobi looked up and spoke to Jar Jar, "I appreciate all of this information Jar Jar and i'm happy that you got out of the Vader situation alive... i dont think i have to tell you how dangerous he is, do i?" Jar Jar nodded, remembering how he had felt when the first rock flew. "I think we must let you have your rest and some refreshments now, i'm sure you're exhausted. If we have any more questions we can find you later"

?Tank yu. Mesa liken helpen if mesa can.? Gratefully, Jar Jar took him up on the offer. He went to a cot and fell onto it. He was asleep before his head even hit the pillow.

TAG: Kenobi, Batman, Jinn

[hl=green][color=white]IC Yoda- Force Ghost:[/color][/hl]

When Yoda told him that he had to to get the group to safety, the youth said, [i]?But from what? The Empire? These 'Nebulans'?"[/i] he did not know much of the latter. Perhaps Yoda knew?

[hl=green][color=white]?Yes.?[/color][/hl] Yoda could almost hear the quotation marks around the last word. [hl=green][color=white]?Teach you all about them Kenobi will. Any questions you have, answer he can.?[/color][/hl]

The boy spoke again. [i]"And besides, they wouldn't listen me back there. They don't trust me..."[/i] He looked back toward the door for a long time, then continued. [i]"And I DON'T trust them either. The only one I've ever seen is the astromech droid. What does that say about who I can trust?"[/I]

[hl=green][color=white]?A Jedi a diplomat is. Get groups that agree do not to work together they do. Have to trust them all you do not. Trusting the Force enough is. If follow it you do, fine things will be. Fine will [i]you[/i] be. Trust your feelings you must. Get these people to the Hutt?s palace you must. Kenobi there you will find.?[/color][/hl]

Before he faded from view, he told the boy how to get to the palace.

[b]TAG: Galen[/b]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=white]IC Darth Vader:[/color][/hl]

As I choked Solo, the female, unsurprisingly, opted to get involved. [i]"We dont have time for this... we need to get moving and find Obi-Wan as soon as possible. We dont know when the Nebulans might strike and trust me, you dont want to be unprepared when they do"[/i]

I ignored her, and continued to release and tighten my hold on his neck at random. Solo gasped out, [i]"I-I like her--agck!"[/i] He struggled to breathe, and his agony strengthened me. [i] "I-I like her way of t-thinking. Y-You won't get anywhere by--b-by killing me."[/I]

I dropped my hand at that point, allowing the Force to dissipate around him. ?My dear Captain Solo, I am not trying to kill you. That should be obvious, as you are still alive. I just wished to jar your memory slightly. Get in the vehicle and help your Jedi friends lead me to the Nebulans. Now.? I felt it necessary to add, ?Only speak when I ask you something. Otherwise, remain silent.? I looked at the others. ?That goes for the rest of you as well.?

I got into the vehicle and waited for everyone to join me before starting the engine.

[b]TAG: Vos, Siri, FOTJ Han[/b]

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Enjoyed all the posts! And this will be a long one to take up my slack [face_blush] Have a good week, Spaceman! Hopefully Maul is right back in the game when you return [face_devil]

And HanSolo, I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a longtime friend like that must be really hard.

IC: Mission Vao
    ~House in Mos Eisley~

"I don't know," Mission?s most stubborn patient ever said, before she saw that cocky grin reappear on his face. She couldn?t help but like him, even if he was madder than a Rakghoul. "And maybe I am,? he continued, almost as if responding to her thoughts instead of her remark. ?You wouldn't be the first person to call me crazy. Besides," here he turned to finally look her in the eye, "you said yourself you don't trust that guy. What makes you think I'd be willing to let this same stranger heal me with his magic powers? There's something about him and I don't trust him."

She rolled her eyes in annoyance before shaking her head at him. ?Of course I don?t trust him, I don?t know him. I?m not one of those gullibles who think all a Jedi does is good deeds, because most of them have this big picture of the galaxy in their head that comes first, and that?s a galaxy without any Sith in it, regardless what it means to us ordinary people. But on the other hand, he?s still a Jedi!? She emphasized the title just in case it still wasn?t getting through to that thick skull before her.

?And when they can help, a Jedi will. It?s what they do. He would no more have hurt you then? then? oh, I don?t know, a healer I guess, or your best friend. It just doesn?t mean they won?t try and use you in their battle for the greater good of the galaxy in their next breath, that?s when you have to look out.?

She shrugged. ?Not that I disapprove of the galaxy becoming a better place. Take what?s happened to us, it?s unnatural and makes me wonder if it?s some kind of Sith experiment.?

She shoved some of the bread in his hands. ?Here, you better eat something,? she said, before giving the cans to Zaalbar. ?Maybe you can open these for everyone?" she asked her friend. "And then I guess we should go and see where that Jedi went to and find out if we?re better off with or without him.?

"Although I still think you should let him heal you first," she told the man on the sofa with a challenging note in her voice. "Unless what that droid said is true and you like pain."

TAG: Han, Galen, anyone who?s still in the house I guess

[b]IC: Qui-Gon Jinn[/b]
    [i]~Jabba?s stronghold~[/i]

Ben looked at him after Qui-Gon voiced his worry, and he saw that same worry reflected back. [i]?It?s not me he means, it?s my younger self from our last adventure?.?[/i] Ben said. Qui-Gon blinked when he realized the implication.

?My apprentice,? he whispered. Ben was telling him that the Sith was after [i]his[/i] Obi-Wan, the young man he had still been training, even if that training was closing to an end. Or maybe the Obi-Wan here was even younger than the one he had left behind?.

No matter, it was still his apprentice that was in danger, needing him, like Anakin had already told him. And he was still stuck here, where even younger persons needed to be protected.

But he had a duty to his apprentice as well.

Ben was still speaking. [i]?He was the one survivor out of our group and Vader must think he holds the key to outlasting the nebulans, if they?re the ones behind this new ordeal?[/i]

Qui-Gon felt a flash of unjedilike pride at that. His apprentice had managed to survive where everyone else succumb to beings mightier than he'd ever heard of, and then he had kept a young, lost boy and two babies alive, before he had been taken away.

He listened to Jar Jar's report and Ben's questions and remarks and had to agree with Ben, what had Quinlan Vos been thinking? Volunteering himself to go with the Sith, and Siri Tachi as well it seemed. If only it hadn?t been Siri? he knew his apprentice still was harboring strong feelings fo

4. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek/PROXY
    Mos Eisley, House

?Yes.? Yoda could almost hear the quotation marks around the last word. ?Teach you all about them Kenobi will. Any questions you have, answer he can.?

"I suppose," Yoda would probably read the doubt that riddled his thoughts.

However, Yoda was not finished, as he now addrressed his concerns of talking with the others once more.

?A Jedi a diplomat is. Get groups that agree do not to work together they do. Have to trust them all you do not. Trusting the Force enough is. If follow it you do, fine things will be. Fine will you be. Trust your feelings you must. Get these people to the Hutt?s palace you must. Kenobi there you will find.?

Galen could now see Yoda's form dispersing, but not before imparting him with an important tidbit of information.

There superimposed in his mind, was the palace he was to seek out. It was grand, sticking out amongst the dunes of sand, as well as how to get here. He would surely know when to find it.

If he ever went, that is.

And thus, the misty background dispersed, the vision was over. Coming to, his breaths came ragged at first. However, metal hands soon grabbed out to calm him.

"Master!" PROXY exclaimed.

"I'm fine." He looked tro his metal friend. "Thank you, though."

He quickly ran through what Master Yoda told him. To lead the group to safety, to get to the Hutt's palace and speak with Obi Wan.

That however was the easy part.

With a gesture, the door barring him and PROXY was opened.

If anyone was looking for them, they would know where to find them.

TAG: Mission, Han, anyone in house

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

Despite of the delicate situation shaping up, Ben had to hold back a laugh when he saw Qui-Gon?s face as his former Master realized there was more than one version of Obi-Wan last time. ?My apprentice,?, he whispered. Shaking his head, Ben explained further, ?Actually, not really. The Obi-Wan we must find is from around 13 years into your future. Your padawan however did also show up at one point too when we had to go back in time after the Nebulans gave us a time traveling mission.? Taking a solemn posture and really trying not to burst out laughing, Ben added, ?Yes, there were three of us around last time? rather confusing talking to myself, if you can possibly imagine such a thing?.

Ben could feel Qui-Gon?s frustrations thru the Force though, and he was very surprised with his next words, ?As long as it involves me leaving to find my apprentice within the hour I?m in.? Lifting both eyebrows, Ben waited for him to explain further. ?I know there are those here that need our protection, and I do want to help train Anakin. But you two are very capable, this place is easily defended and right now the Sith don?t seem to be focused on us, but on Obi-Wan. And no matter that you two knew him on this ship you told me about, Ben, he?s still my apprentice and my responsibility. So I?m the one to go after him, while you should stay here and guard the children and their mother.? And his master tried to sweeten the blow by spreading a wide grin across his face, in that usual attempt to make it seem like a brilliant idea, ?Although their mother seems quite capable to protect them herself. So you are with three here to protect this place.? This wasn?t going to be easy, and he just knew Qui-Gon was going to be his usual stubborn self and fight him every step of the way. ?Did you really expect any different, old food??, the voice inside his head whispered.

Smiling right back, Ben crossed his arms across his chest, ?You don?t expect me to just agree with you on this do you? ... I don?t think you would get very far with this version of myself Qui-Gon. Not only is he from your future, but he experienced things with the Nebulans and himself you wont possibly understand but that made matters a lot more difficult? not that I was ever a difficult man to start with, however?, he added quickly, before his Master could pick on that. Ben let out a deep sigh. How could he explain all they had lived thru? ?He was not ready for the burden of his future at first, and that caused many problems with him. He behaved in ways that surprised even myself??, his voice trailed off, ?However, we came to an understanding last time, and that?s why I believe it should be me going instead of you.?

Looking at Qui-Gon straight on, Ben continued ?Qui-Gon, you aren?t responsible for him? he?s a Jedi Knight and a Master, a Council member and a grown man. We can only be responsible for ourselves and the defenseless ones. I know you will fight me on this, but I believe it should be me going, not only because of my experience last time, but also with my experience with this planet. I?ve lived here for over a decade and I know my way around quite well.? Letting out a mischievous grin, he added, ?Besides, Vader cant get me, remember??.

Getting serious once again, Ben admitted something else, ?I don?t want you tainted by Vader in any way, and if you think that?s me trying to protect you well then I guess you?re right. I want you to leave that burden to me, how it should be. Sadly, I know that monster better than you ever could. Just as you feel responsible for Obi-Wan, I feel responsible for him as well as Vader? my apprentice is somewhere in there??

Looking at both Qui-Gon and Batman, Ben braced himself for the reply...

TAG: Qui-Gon, Batman, Anakin and Leia

IC: Siri Tachi

Siri couldn?t help but give Captain Solo an encouraging nod, just after Vader decided to release his grip on him. At that moment, the sith decided to bark more orders towards them. ?My dear Captain Solo,

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Apologies for my absence. Just getting back into the routine of classes and work. I should have a post either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

7. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: So is there a post coming or not?

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i hope so, i'm waiting on those i tagged to reply :D

9. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: Sorry for the delay. My internet situation is spotty right now, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post, but I'm trying to keep up with the game in the meantime.

IC Darth Vader:

When I ordered the others to keep silent unless I asked them something, the female said, ?Fine by me, not like there?s much I want to chat with you about in the first place? She made room in the back as she continued, ?Us slaves ride in the back, so hop on over Captain?

I would ignore her flagrant disregard for my order because I continued to find her attitude refreshing: so much contempt, such an acid tongue, from so young a thing, a mere slip of a girl. By contrast, Vos remained inscrutably silent. What did he hope to accomplish? What was his plan? Did he hope for some last-minute rescue? It would not come. Perhaps he would try to effect such himself? It would not work.

Since Solo had as of yet not shown any inclination to get into the speeder, I said, ?Yes, Captain, get in the back. I do not have an infinite amount of patience, and I will not repeat myself again. Climb into the vehicle. Now.?

IWILLKILLYOUALLIWILLKILLYOUALLIWILLKILLYOUALLIWILLKILLYOUALL . . . This thought ran through my head continuously as I waited for him to move, a pleasing litany to start the day off right.

TAG: Vos, Siri, FOTJ Solo

[hl=orangered][color=yellow]IC Indiana Jones:[/color][/hl]

Light.

Heat.

Water.

In combination, all three were essential elements in the preservation and continued existence of most forms of life, stretching all the way back to the beginning of time. Why though, was there just so [i]much[/i] of the first two, and so [i]little[/i] of the last?

He was not even sure where he was. He was operating on instinct, trying to get away from the massive source of energy and life-sapping heat that beat down upon him. He had no idea why the sun was so different than he was used to. It was twice as strong as ever in his experience, even in the most savage of deserts through which he had traveled.

There was no place to hide from the unrelenting ball of fire. Shade was nonexistent, and his supplies were limited. And where had these supplies come from? Who had provided them to him? He had a vague recollection of scrabbling through various metal kits in an otherwise inconsequential room. He had been in a great hurry to get somewhere, or to get away from somewhere. He knew it was important to make the distinction, somehow, to know which he was doing, but any memories slipped out of his grasp when he tried to grip them with illusory hands.

The vehicle he was in seemed to have no problem negotiating most obstacles by itself, almost as if it had a mind of its own. Maybe he could just rest his eyes, duck down under the dashboard, away from the pitiless sun, for just a moment. Where was the harm in that?

[b]TAG: no one (yet)[/b]

[hr]

[hl=silver][color=black][b]IC Grand Moff Tarkin:[/b][/color][/hl]

He had hopes that his plans to sow terror, though seemingly impractical when applied on such a small scale, would have drastic, far-reaching consequences. The rebellion, had, in some unknown manner, managed a feat of engineering the likes of which he had never thought possible. He had been standing on the Death Star, watching the final seconds tick away as his station cleared the moon, but somehow, he had been snatched away just moments before getting to enjoy the final rout of the pitiful rebellion arrayed against his Emperor?s rightful rule.

He had found himself here, on this dust ball, and, upon discovering exactly where he was, it was easy to determine that he had become an unwilling subject in a traitorous experiment. How else to explain how he had ended up on the very planet upon which the Death Star plans had found their way? There had been no doubt who had been involved, but he would deal with the rebel scum soon enough.

It was at that point that he had found the empty Imperial installation, and soon after discovered th

10. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: sorry, caught up in RL and another game that was in a crucial phase; but I?m still very much here, I love playing the characters I have here too much. Back to updating all my games regularly again, I hope. Yodaminch, I hope you?ll get RL back under control!

Spiff, welcome back! And welcome back to Indiana Jones and Tarkin as well :D

IC: Qui-Gon Jinn
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

Qui-Gon stared at the Obi-Wan in front of him. ?A Council member?? he asked, aghast. His Obi-Wan, a Council member?.

And why was he even surprised? He sighed and shook his head. ?I should have known he would head that way without me to guide him,? he said a bit ruefully. ?So, that means you?ve been on the Council as well. I hope they didn?t give you too many headaches. Although, actually, getting on the Council means you deserve all the headaches they give you," he said with a straight face. "And I sincerely hope you stirred them up a bit, they need that badly.?

It kept being difficult to wrap his mind around the time displacement. And the idea of yet another Obi-Wan besides the man in front of him and the apprentice he had known and left behind was difficult to grasp. A Jedi knight....

It did mean he was no longer responsible for him.. in name that is.

?I?ll always feel responsible, Obi-Wan, Ben, that will never change. Like you will always feel responsible for Anakin, even if his choice was also made after his knighting and by free choice, right? And I was still this Obi-Wan's Master, that hasn?t changed either. Has it??

He looked steadfastly at the Obi-Wan before him, whose master he had been as well, even if it was a long time in the past for this man. And then he had to smile. ?Look at how you are trying to protect me, and I you. The relationship is still there, changed, but there.?

TAG: Ben, Batman, Jar Jar

[b]IC: Zaalbar[/b]
    [i]~House in Mos Eisley~[/i]

Munching on a perfectly good piece of meat the others for some unfathomable reason had refused to want a piece from, Zaalbar had decided to look around the house. He didn?t really trust where the Jedi had gone off to.

Maybe it was the Jedi?s youth that had made him disappear on them, but it was still strange. Usually a Jedi made short work of healing patients, even ones as stupid and stubborn as the fellow on the cough.

Zaalbar still hadn?t quite forgiven the man for the way he had talked to Mission, even if Mission didn?t seem to care. She was just a youngling after all, and despite her obvious intelligence, she could at times be very dense about the strangest things.

But the man was still wounded, so nothing much could happen. Besides, he [i]had[/i] seemed genuinely mortified when Zaalbar had told him Mission?s age, so maybe he really hadn?t noticed her youth. He had been hurt after all.

Humans?. He shook his head thinking about them. They were such fragile beings, and short lived as well. But then again, they did seem to try and make up for that by sheer numbers.

Zaalbar stopped musing and cocked his head to listen better. He had been following his nose, using his acute sense of smell to try and locate the young Jedi and it seemed he had followed the right track. He definitely heard the voices of a human and a robot.

A door opened.

Holding onto his bowcaster just in case, Zaalbar went noiselessly to the door and carefully looked inside. Yes, there the boy was, his robot by his side. He looked a bit? no, not dazed, but Zaalbar had the distinct impression the young Jedi was wrestling with something. He stepped inside.

[Why don?t you have a bite and then come with me to the others, so we can discuss what?s going on?] he asked, tearing a piece of the red meat from the side he hadn?t been biting in and holding it out invitingly. A peace offer, for now.

[I think we should pool our data together and see if we can make some sense of the mess we?re in.]

Wait, did the Jedi even understand Shyriiwook?

[b]TAG: Galen and Proxy[/b]

11. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Mos Eisley-House

Without turning to look, he could tell that somone else had entered the room, despite entering without a sound. It did not wish harm on Galen, he felt...

...but it was certainly cautious. Whoever had entered was still probably wary of his recent actions.

Galen turned around, and indeed, there was a Wookie staring right at him. He had imagined that it would bring some long-lost memory of his father and his childhood.

But he had since lost hope of any of that returning on the Death Star. Another indication of just how deeply Vader , under the Emperor's orders, purged his memories.

He tried not to dwell on it. Just as Yoda said, he had to focus on the present rather than dwell on the past.

And thus the Wookie spoke in barks and woofs. Galen looked to the holodroid next to him for a translation.

And a translation he got. "He suggests that we go back with the others, and try to figure out our situation. That we should accumulate our knowledge."

"Sounds like a plan." Galen reached out and took the piece of raw meat. He nodded in acknowledgement to the Wookie, and than took a bite. A regular human would've balked at the prospect.

But quite frankly, he had gone through much worse for some discomfort in his intestinal tract to bother him. Besides, the meat was a good source of proteins and nutrients that would help him get through the day.

Finishing the piece the Wookie gave him, his lips red with the blood, he stood up, the wookie still towering over him. "I have to apoligize for my recent behavior," Galen began, hoping to patch things up. "The trip here, and the events leading up to it, didn't exactly help me think straight. And, I didn't take regard to your situation. And for that, I am sorry."

He then looked up to the wookie. "The man I tried to heal, hows he doing? He's taking some form of help, right?"

Galen looked to PROXY, snd the holodroid relayed all of what Galne said, repeating it in Shyriiwook.

TAG: Zaalbar, any who wish to butt in

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo (OT era)
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Han sat in silence, drawing himself up on the cot as the young woman vented to him about her views on the Jedi and the fate of the galaxy as a whole. She made some valid points, he had to give her that, and despite wanting to disagree with her on more than one occasion, he found himself actually agreeing with her. He had seen what Vader had done, what that crazy wizard, Kenobi had done and now, what Luke was planning to do. He didn't like it one bit and he was determined to stand by his word about hokey religions and mystical energy fields not controlling his destiny.

"Here," the girl announced, shaking him from his reverie as she shoved a piece of flatbread into his lap. "You better eat something. And then I guess we should go and see where that Jedi went to and find out if we?re better off with or without him."

Lifting the piece of bread to his face, he sniffed it cautiously before curling up his nose slightly. "Uh, thanks...I guess." His hazel eyes met her gaze briefly as he forced himself to take a bite. The bread instantly crumbled and made his mouth dry, but he smiled anyway, just to appease her.

"Although I still think you should let him heal you first," she continued in a harsher tone. This girl just didn't give up, did she? "Unless what that droid said is true and you like pain."

He grinned and setting the half-eaten piece of bread down on the stand beside the cot, rose gingerly to his feet. "Never listen to a droid, sweetheart. They're nothing but trouble." He stretched experimentally before lowering his arms to his sides. "See? I'm fine. Just a little sore, but that shouldn't slow us down too much." He paused, glancing towards a darkened alcove across the way. "And to save you some trouble, I'll just go ahead and say we don't need your Jedi friend. I'm sure that's something we can both agree on."

TAG: Mission, Galen, Threepio, all in house

[b]IC: Han Solo (FotJ Era)[/b]
    [i]Speeder, Desert, Tatooine[/i]

The invisible force released him and he fell to his knees into the sand, coughing and wheezing as the flow of air returned to his lungs. When he finally regained his composure and blinked up into the blazing suns, the Dark Lord was speaking once more.

[i]"My dear Captain Solo,"[/i] his voiced boomed from above. [i]"I am not trying to kill you. That should be obvious, as you are still alive. I just wished to jar your memory slightly."[/i]

Baring his teeth at that revelation, he rose unsteadily back to his feet while brushing the sand from his clothes. "Oh, yeah, that was [i]real[/i] effective," he bit out sarcastically.

[i]"Get in the vehicle and help your Jedi friends lead me to the Nebulans. Now."[/i] he demanded, apparently not in the mood for games. Not surprising.

"Assuming I know where they are, which I don't." He started towards the speeder then stopped halfway, waving his hands in exasperation. "Look, I already told you--"

[i]"Only speak when I ask you something. Otherwise, remain silent."[/i]

Han clenched his hands into fists and watched the Dark Lord moved away, his cape billowing in the wind behind him, as he began to address Siri and the others. This was gonna be a long ride and he had no intentions of actually following along with Vader's plan. He had an inclination to remain here in the middle of nowhere and allow the others to wander off on their own, but he knew he couldn't leave Kenobi out there to rot. Damn his luck!

Again, Vader took it upon himself to call Han out when he refused to move from his current position. Grumbling something under his breath, he reluctantly obeyed and drug his feet across the sand as he approached the speeder. He glanced briefly at Siri and Vos in turn before grabbing the sides of the speeder and hoisting himself over the edge with a grunt. Climbing around like that wasn't as easy as it used to be...

"So, I guess this is your fault, huh?" he muttered quietly under his breath to the young woman as he settled down into th

13. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

It seemed that Qui-Gon was truly surprised with the knowledge that he had become a Council member.?A Council member?he asked, aghast. After a few moments, he let out a sigh and continued, ?I should have known he would head that way without me to guide him?. Ben couldnt help but wonder what kind of future his Master had indeed envisioned for him. Would it be that different from the one it ended up been?.

Ben had never thought about that. He himself used to have high hopes for Anakin's future considering his incredible potential, but he never thought how his Master worried about his. But Qui-Gon's words snapped him out of his own thoughts?So, that means you?ve been on the Council as well. I hope they didn?t give you too many headaches. Although, actually, getting on the Council means you deserve all the headaches they give you, and I sincerely hope you stirred them up a bit, they need that badly,? his Master managed to say with a straight face. "Well i dont know about that, i did have a good teacher when it came to stirring up the Council though, didnt i?", he added as he lifted an eyebrow, "That became evident when it came to fighting to be Anakin's Master... you taught me well". Shaking his head, he let out a chuckle, "Truth is my padawan gave the Council a lot more headaches in his short life than you ever did, and as usual i ended up in the middle... just like i did with you". Ben let out a smile. He remembered how he would be so concerned everytime Qui-Gon defied the Council in some way and they would have to go in to face them. His master always kept calm and collected, while he himself worried they would get thrown out of the Order.

Ben knew it must be difficult for his Master to grasp the entire situation fully, but he knew his Master was more than capable of dealing with it. ?I?ll always feel responsible, Obi-Wan, Ben, that will never change. Like you will always feel responsible for Anakin, even if his choice was also made after his knighting and by free choice, right? And I was still this Obi-Wan's Master, that hasn?t changed either. Has it??. With a slight shake of his head, Ben replied "No, i wouldnt dream of disputing that with you". A wide smile spread across Qui-Gon as he spoke, ?Look at how you are trying to protect me, and I you. The relationship is still there, changed, but there.?

A wide smile spread across his own face, as Ben attempted to pass one by his former Master, "Well i guess that's settled then, i shall be going soon to find Obi-Wan, while you both stay behind and hold the fort".

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon

Siri watched the exchange between Solo and Vader, and couldnt help but feel bad for the man. She didnt know the entire history, but it couldnt have been nice for Han to find himself once again in Vader's reach.

Siri could see him clench his fists in frustration. She understood exactly how he felt. Mumbling under his breath, Han finally made his way to the speeder.. "So, I guess this is your fault, huh?" he muttered quietly under his breath to her as he settled down in the seat. "You never could have a dull moment, could you?", he added. "Excuse me!?", she exclaimed in the same hushed tone, "But i'm as much a victim here as you!". Pointing to Vos, she added, "He's the brains, sweetheart!".

TAG: Quinlan, Vader, Fotj Era Han

OCC: sorry to hear about ur internet, spiff! hope it gets sorted out soon. Good to see Indy again though ;)

14. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Mission Vao
    ~House in Mos Eisley~

Han grinned at her with a crooked smile that was already starting to get familiar to Mission and, after putting the half-eaten piece of bread down on the stand beside the cot, rose to his feet. It didn?t look as if it was easy for him, but she noticed with some relief that it sure beat his former performance.

"Never listen to a droid, sweetheart. They're nothing but trouble." He stretched and lowered his arms back to his sides. "See? I'm fine. Just a little sore, but that shouldn't slow us down too much."

Fine? Yeah, sure, and she was a Nerf herder. ?Right. Until we have to pick you up from where you drop, most likely,? she muttered.

He ignored her words, glancing instead towards a darkened alcove across the way. "And to save you some trouble, I'll just go ahead and say we don't need your Jedi friend. I'm sure that's something we can both agree on."

Oh, kriffing stars! ?Not alone you?re not,? she said, hot on his heels, her hand on the butt of her blaster. ?Hah, you don?t even have a weapon and whether you like it or not, you also have no idea what else might suddenly pop up.?

In her other hand she had the piece of bread the idiot in front of her had discarded. He might not like it, but having lived in the slums of the Undercity for most of her life, Mission had had far worse much too often to let good food go to waste.

TAG: HS29, anyone else around

[b]IC: Zaalbar[/b]
    [i]~House in Mos Eisley~[/i]

Nope, the young one didn?t talk Shyriiwook in the slightest, but his robot did. Zaalbar gave it an appraising look. Protocol droid? Not like any he had ever seen. It looked a bit? unfinished actually, with its wires and skeleton clearly visible. Lots of wires.

[i]"Sounds like a plan,"[/i] the young Jedi said as he reached out, accepted the piece of meat and took a bite. At least the lad seemed a sensible one, not as fussy as most humans Zaalbar had encountered since his exile from Kashyyk.

After the boy had made short work of the meat, he stood and said, [i]"I have to apoligize for my recent behavior. The trip here, and the events leading up to it, didn't exactly help me think straight. And, I didn't take regard to your situation. And for that, I am sorry."[/i] After a slight pause, he asked, [i]"The man I tried to heal, hows he doing? He's taking some form of help, right?"[/i]

When he had finished speaking, he looked at his droid, who dutifully started to translate. Impatient for it, Zaalbar interrupted the mechanical voice, giving the robot a wave.

[No need, I can understand Basic just fine. Tell your master his apology is accepted. We all have had a strange trip here, it?s why we should pool our resources together.] He let his bowcaster land in his other hand with a thud to emphasize what he meant besides information.

[Oh, and the wounded one is in good hands.] He couldn?t help a snort. The man might not like the help, but Mission was as stubborn as the next one and would keep an eye on him if he wanted her to or not. She wouldn?t relent until he truly had healed, or until Zaalbar took her by the gruff of her neck and removed her from his presence forcefully, whatever came first.

Still, no need to get into that with what was essentially a stranger.

[Let?s go then,] he finished, turning to the door and stepping out in the hallway.

[b]TAG: Galen, Proxy, whoever they meet in the hallway [/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC:[/b] Mean, Veloz, mean! [face_laugh]

And I'm borrowing Anakin again, hope nobody minds.

[b]IC: Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin[/b]
    [i]~Jabba?s stronghold~[/i]

A wide smile spread across Ben?s face after Qui-Gon?s last words. [i]"Well i guess that's settled then,?[/i] he said. [i]?I shall be going soon to find Obi-Wan, while you both stay behind and hold the fort."[/i]

Qui-Gon stared at Ben, but then he couldn?t contain his laugh. As always it made him feel instantly better, no matter the situation. Ruefully he answered, ?It seems I taught you too wel

15. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

I ignored Solo?s rumblings. I did not care what he said, whether he cursed me under his breath and wished a thousand deaths upon me, as long as he obeyed my orders without question. Since he had finally gotten into the speeder, I had no more reason to delay, though I considered chopping off a few of his limbs just to teach him a lesson about tardiness in following orders. Or just for fun.

I pressed the throttle, eager to be off. The power that awaited me must be intense. I felt the tingle of anticipation in the very air. What form would the power take? How much of a fight would I have on my hands in order to acquire it? There was no question, of course, that I would succeed. Once I had usurped this power and used it to increase my mastery of the Force beyond all reckoning, I vowed that Sidious would know who had been the cause of his total destruction, and how; no quick death for him.

Without turning my eyes away from the scrub racing past me, I said, ?Where was Kenobi?s last known location?? Why could I not feel the presence of this younger Kenobi? If he had actually been on this world, I should be able to sense him with no trouble. I had already confronted the elder, and would again, but the one that was most important for my purposes right now remained elusive, as if he had never been.

It made me uneasy. It was not an emotion with which I was comfortable, but I did not have to be. I used that uncertainty, transforming it into anger in order to stoke the fires deep within my soul, which were never satisfied, no matter how often I provided them with fuel.

TAG: Vos, Siri, FOTJ Solo

[b]IC Juno Eclipse:[/b]

?Then, at last, the Rebel Alliance is born. Here, tonight.? It was a simple pronouncement, delivered in Bail Organa?s stentorian tones, but it changed everything. The galaxy could never be the same again, and neither could Juno?s heart. A piece of her was gone forever, lost in orbit over Despayre.

The senator?s daughter spoke up. ?We need a symbol to rally behind.?

?Agreed,? said Garm Bel Iblis.

Leia wiped at the accumulation of dust on the table, revealing a family crest etched into the table. Juno?s breath hitched as the full import of what was happening hit her, and she closed her eyes for a moment just as she heard the princess say, ?A symbol of hope.?

A feeling of gratitude suffused her, like a warm blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Galen [i]would[/i] be remembered. Breaking away from his nearly life-long servitude to Vader, finding true love, and finally, sacrificing himself, would mean something after all, and were not just a way to rip her heart out of her chest.

Instantly, however, she realized that the heat could not be attributed solely to her body?s response to good feelings. Something had changed. Not only was the warmth from outside herself, but the ambient noise had totally changed from one moment to the next; wind now rushed past her ears, whistling like a ship on final approach for landing. Plus, where a second ago she had been standing upright, she was now at a slight incline, as she felt something hard behind her back.

All of this went through her mind in less than a second, and in a panic, her eyes snapped open as she straightened. Her brain could hardly credit the information her senses were receiving. [i]No way. Impossible. Grief has made you insane, Eclipse. You cannot go from a jungle to a desert within seconds.[/i] It all seemed so [i]real,[/i] though. She even blinked her eyes rapidly a few times, but the illusion remained.

When she turned her head to look behind her, she saw that she had been leaning against a small dwelling set deep into the sand and leaning toward her slightly, as if braving the wind. Two suns blazed almost directly overhead. She was on Tatooine then, most likely, a planet with not much more than a token Imperial presence. This planet was really ruled by the Hutts. She could use that. It had become rapidly obvious that this was not a dream. Did Vader and the Emper

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Finally a moment to breathe! If someone could catch me up on any tags for Threepio, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, here's Palpatine, Vos and Batman.

IC:Emperor Palpatine

There was silence on the other end of the commlink for a moment. Then Darth Maul spoke.
    "I?m just outside of the residence of Jabba the Hutt, his so-called palace. Only, he and his entourage don?t seem to be here anymore and neither are any of the B?omarr Monks. What I did find here are Jedi, my Master. The one I know I killed on Naboo and one I am fairly sure is his apprentice. But I felt more Force sensitives in the place, some of them rather... unformed. Alas, I was unable to investigate further and had to leave the buildings. I am not far from them and awaiting your orders."

Palpatine was silent for a moment. So that was where they were hiding. As always, the force was with him. It had placed Lord Maul directly in their path. Palpatine stifled a triumphant laugh. He had still not heard from his many loyal servants of the Empire. Their number was too few to make any type of move now. Still, he could not simply pass up an opportunity like this.

"Return to the palace my apprentice. Steal transportation and hide it. Then, destroy any vehicle that moves. If these jedi wish to have a fortress, then let it be their tomb."

Palpatine paused for a moment and then said "Contact me when you have completed this task. I will provide you with your next mission. We must move carefully for now. Our allies are scattered. Our enemies are numerous. We can defeat them, but we must wait for the force to guide us to the correct opportunity."

Before he could say any more, the imperial frequency on his comm buzzed for attention. Finished with what he had to say for the moment, Palpatine switched channels, ending his conversation with Lord Maul.

"This is Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin speaking from the surface of the planet. I wish to speak with the highest authority on board. Patch me through to him."

So Tarkin was here as well. Interesting. The man was cunning and ruthless. He would do well in command of the Empire's forces. If only Palpatine had forces to give him. Alone, the man was not nearly as formidable as the other agents of the Empire. Still, Palpatine could use all the help available.

"Governor, you are speaking to him. Report your status." Palpatine replied.

Tag: Maul, Tarkin

[b]Tholme[/b]
    [i]hovering between life and death[/i]

The visions seemed to be shifting again. This time the area looked familiar. Tholme recognized it as Tatooine. In the distance, Tholme could see some type of explosion. He attempted to look closer but found he could not move any further then his current position. Beside him, T'ra and Quinlan watched.

"Master. What's going on?" Quinlan asked.

"I wonder that as well. What has happened Tholme?" T'ra asked.

"I'm not sure" Tholme muttered. He saw a figure being dragged. As the figure came into view, Tholme recognized Indiana Jones. The man was unconscious and injured. He appeared to be dragged by another man.

Suddenly, the vision clouded and the diminutive form of Yoda appeared in front of Tholme and the others.

"Master Yoda" Tholme said.

[b]Tag: Yoda[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Quinlan Vos[/b]

Quinlan had remained silent through the conversation with Vader. He was attempting to quiet his mind and learn what it was Master Yoda had been trying to tell him. Certainly the elder master had had a reason from guiding Quinlan to this point. But what was it?

As if in answer, Quinlan felt Tholme's presence blaze in the force again. It was like a beacon in the night sky.

"Proceed to the Lars moisture farm" Quinlan stated in low voice.

[b]Tag: Vader, Siri, Han[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC:[hl=yellow]The Batman[/b][/hl]

Batman had remained silent as Qui-Gon and Ben discussed their options. Clearly the two were concerned for the younger Obi-Wan and both wished to go. Fortunately, they realized that they could not both abandon the children-especially with a sith lord running l

17. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: R2 tagged Threepio a while back, R2's investigating what remains of T3, looking for a visual log.
    expect a post from me tommorow

18. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Grand Moff Tarkin:

"Governor, you are speaking to him. Report your status." The voice over the commlink replied.

What? The Emperor is here? If he had not already been standing ramrod straight, this news would have caused him to snap to attention. It suggested the possibility that it was the Emperor who had brought him here, to test him, perhaps. Of course, if the Rebellion were behind his own abduction, they could have brought the Emperor just as easily. If this was the case, could Vader be here as well, then? Tarkin sincerely hoped that he was not.

The Grand Moff did not need a mad akk dog like Vader running around loose in the background, making a mess of his plans. The man had no finesse, no appreciation for the value of strategy. Vader could never have come up with the Doctrine, would never have even considered building the battle station that was the physical embodiment of it.

?Yes, my Emperor. I am unsure how I found myself on this planet, as I was previously on the Death Star, just about to finish off the traitorous scum. I was brought here before I could claim my prize.? He gritted his teeth after he said these words. After taking a moment to calm the storm inside, he continued. ?My supposition is that the Rebels have either taken possession of some extremely advanced technology,? How could they do this without anyone in the Empire sniffing out even a whiff? ?or have found powerful new allies.? More of that damned wizardry Vader is known for. Or that Kenobi fellow. Pity he had to die so quickly. I would have liked to have some time alone with him. I might have been able to discover how they gain their powers and used it to strengthen the Empire. ?In any case, I found an abandoned Imperial garrison which I immediately commandeered for my purposes.

?The planet is strangely empty, my Emperor, but I did find a few other people who are unaffiliated with the Empire. I have spent the last day terrorizing them. Captain Solo was among them, stirring up trouble once again.? Solo often worked with the Hutts these days. Once Tarkin got back onto the Death Star and destroyed the rebels forever, he looked forward to using the battle station to bring the Hutts to heel. The time for neutrality was gone. They had gotten away with their lawless ways long enough.

?There was one especially who interested me, one who looked exactly like the criminal Solo, only a decade or so older, and so I took him and questioned him, but of course, he provided no usable information. All he would tell me is that his name was Indiana Jones. I therefore implanted him with a tracking and recording device, and then released him, so I shall know where he is and what he and his friends are talking about at all times.?

Palpatine could often be inscrutable, so Tarkin could not predict how the man would react to his report. The Emperor did not always like his officers taking initiative on their own, but there was no way to change the past, so the Grand Moff was ready to suffer the consequences of his actions, for good or ill. ?How may I be of service further, my Emperor??

TAG: Palpatine

[hl=green][color=white]IC Yoda- Force Ghost:[/color][/hl]

When the Grand Master appeared in front of him from out of the vision, Tholme greeted him with, [i]"Master Yoda."[/i]

Yoda nodded to the other Jedi. [hl=green][color=white]?Good to see you it is, Master Tholme. But time for you to join the Force it is not. Much to be done still there is.?[/color][/hl] His expression was severe now. [hl=green][color=white]?Afoot Dark Times are. To the one from outside the galaxy you must go.?[/color][/hl]

They were suddenly speeding across the desert, as if a holorecording were being played double-time. [hl=green][color=white]?Help you find him I will, and lead others to him you must.?[/color][/hl] They were slowing down now, as Yoda brought Tholme?s spirit along to the scene of an accident. Whether the accident was occuring now or in the future made no differenc

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Finally, after what seemed to be hours of Vader-drama, they were moving. Just in time too, the sun was coming up and soon it would be on top of them melting their thoughts away. She hoped they would be able to ditch the sith before then, but she wasn?t sure how things would play out. For now, she would keep her eyes open and let things flow. One thing was certain, she wouldn?t underestimate Vader again.

?Where was Kenobi?s last known location??, Vader asked. Even though he appeared to be calm, Siri could sense he was anxious about the entire situation. If she herself had questions, she could only imagine what Vader must be thinking right at that moment. And that?s where their advantage was. Also, Anakin was originally from this planet; that much she remembered. It would be something worth exploiting when the time came.

It was odd, but Quinlan also seemed very quiet. A bit distracted by something. Siri couldn?t exactly ask him why now, but she would later on for sure. "Proceed to the Lars moisture farm", he instructed Vader, and he didn?t seem too happy with such a blunt answer. Clearly, the sith wasn?t a happy camper, and for once he seemed to fucos on Han ?If I am led astray even once, Solo dies first.? Suppressing a chuckle, Siri?s gaze drifted towards the smuggler, who didn?t look too excited. Leaning closer to him, Siri whispered, ?Looks like I?m off the hook, I think you?ve become the sith?s favorite pet?. Leaning back into her chair, she muttered, ?For once I?m glad he?s not a gentleman and went with that whole ladies first crap?.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, FOTJ Han

OCC: what can i say Seremela, maybe Ben got mean with age [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon stared at him with that look that Ben remembered meant mild exasperation. But he couldn?t hold it for long and started laughing, It seems I taught you too well, former Padawan. Much too well. I wonder what the Council felt about that??. Taking a solemn pose, Ben replied crossing his arms, ?I was always a diplomat Master, you can get away with more that way, you know. Your confrontational approach did no one any good, especially you.? Leaning closer in a conspiratory tone, he continued, ?I wasn?t labeled ?The Negotiator? at one point by accident. Everyone seemed impressed about my abilities, but truth is I became such a good diplomat trying to get you out of trouble all the time, and with Anakin well, let?s say I achieved a true mastery beyond your comprehension in terms of talking my way out of trouble?.

Right at that moment, little Anakin snuck up on them, something Ben had forgotten the boy was always very skilled at, ?Master Ben, master Qui-Gon, Sirs? What is going on? Is everything all right??. Ben could sense his genuine concern, and once again memories of the innocent young boy he had first met entered his mind. He couldn?t help but be saddened, now that he knew which path Anakin would choose for himself. ?Everything?s fine, Anakin, and I?m fine as well.?, Qui-Gon replied.

Ben knew his Master was just as concerned about Anakin as he was, and somehow he got the feeling that he hadn?t seen the last of Qui-Gon?s stubbornness where the boy was concerned.

Right when Qui-Gon was focused on Anakin, Batman motioned him over, and spoke softly "It is too dangerous to leave at the moment. We need reinforcements. If you are so intent on having someone find Obi-Wan, then let me go. I am a very thorough detective. I will keep in constant contact and alert you if I find anything. I may not have the force, but with the technology I possess and the devices I have found here, I can find him. Of the three of us, I am the one least equipped to handle a sith lord. I realize that the Princess is a trained fighter, but Master Jinn barely held his own down there. And I was little more than a distraction.". Shaking his head, Ben explained, ?You don?t understand my friend, Vader is even more dangerous than that sith you encountered before, I cant with a clear

20. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: *grumbles* Still busy with my other two tags, but have to leave the 'puter. So here's only Mission and Zaalbar for now :( My other tags follow as soon as possible tomorrow

IC: Mission Vao and Zaalbar
    ~House in Mos Eisley~

?Hah, you don?t even have a weapon and whether you like it or not, you also have no idea what else might suddenly pop up.?

Mission had hardly uttered those words, when there was a light tapping on the door, followed by a loudly whispered, ?Hello? Who?s in there??

?Frak!? Mission hissed, years of living on the streets of Tardis? Lower City having her automatically lower her voice. She pulled her blaster and quickly stepped between the door and Han.

?Get down or hide or something,? she hissed, ?you?re no good like you are now, and don't forget you have no weapon.?

Keeping her blaster trained on the door, she raised her voice and yelled, ?Why don?t you tell us first who?s out there??

----------------------------

Zaalbar had just entered the hallway when he heard Mission call out. With a roar he took off, his bowcaster held ready for anyone foolish enough to be a threat to the girl.

Tag: Han, Juno, Galen/Proxy, anyone else still around

21. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

Having reassured Anakin, Qui-Gon saw that Ben and Batman were having a whispered conversation out of hearing range. He turned back to the small boy.

?Since you?re awake, maybe you should take a look in the kitchen and put some food on the table. I'm sure you'd like a good breakfast by now and I think we can all use something to eat.?

Anakin also looked in the direction of Ben and Batman. ?You want me out of the way to talk to them, don?t you??

Qui-Gon felt something beneath the question, a fear, but also a smoldering anger. This was a boy whose life had never been his own, until very recently. And that was something he had to deal with very carefully. He knelt down to be on eye-level with Anakin.

?You are very perceptive, Anakin. I?m sorry, but you are still too young to be a part of all that?s going on. But I promise you this.? He put his hand on Anakin?s shoulder and stared into the boy?s eyes, trying to convey his sincerity. ?I won?t make any decision that concerns you without consulting you first. It?s your life and you should have a say in it.?

?Really??

So much caution and insecurity in that one word. ?Really,? he stated, giving the small shoulder a gently squeeze. ?Now, about that breakfast?.?

?All right,? Anakin agreed, with a deep sigh that said more than words he would have preferred to stay and hear it all. Qui-Gon hid his amusement. Ten year olds were all alike in that regard, curious to a fault.

He rose up. ?Oh, and Anakin, we have a guest.? The boy stopped his turn about in the direction of the kitchen Ben had found the day before and turned right back.

?A guest?? he asked, eyes wide.

?Yes. And it?s someone you know. Jar Jar Binks.?

?Jar Jar? Wizard, he?s fun!? In a much better mood Anakin dashed off to his appointed task. Qui-Gon looked after him for a second before settling his attention on Ben and Batman. They seemed done with their conversation. Placing his hands on his hips and raising one eyebrow at them, he asked, ?Anything I should know about??

TAG: Ben, Batman, anyone else who wants to pop in

[b]OOC:[/b] Welcome back, Yoda! I hope your life won?t stay so hectic for long. And that's a fun task for Maul [face_skull]

[b]IC: Maul[/b]
    [i]~Just outside Jabba?s stronghold[/i]

[i]Steal transportation and hide it. Then, destroy any vehicle that moves.[/i]

Stealth, again. Stealth and deception were his Master?s lifeblood, it seemed. But at least it wasn?t as bad as it had been before he had finally been given permission to reveal himself. This time the stealth was a strategic move in the war. To trap the Jedi here until he and his master could attack them in some way made sense.

Keeping the Force wrapped around him to conceal himself from the Jedi, as he had done so effectually during his entire apprenticeship, he set himself to his task.

It was easy to find all the vehicles stationed around the palace. But it was disconcerting to see how unused they looked, some even falling in on themselves. Finding a swoopbike in good working condition was actually more difficult than disabling all the rest.

Avoiding the security around the palace was the biggest challenge and he couldn?t avoid it entirely: he had to disable a few of the cameras in subtle ways that wouldn?t set off the rest of the alarms. He just had to hope no one was monitoring them right now.

He didn?t use the Force for this particular job, not wanting to alert the Jedi to his activities.

And then, finally, there was only one more left, standing right outside the gate. He ghosted toward it, staying close to the wall of the palace. Just as he had reached it, a small hatch in the middle of the door opened and a spidery mechanical arm, with a large electronic eyeball on the end, popped out.

?Tee chuta hhat yudd!? a just as electronical voice called out.

Maul called his laser staff to his hand. When he ignited one side of it, the eyeball gave a worried peep and started to retreat.

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: I'll hold off on a Siri reply until the others have had a chance to catch up.

Before Batman could answer, Qui-Gon made his way towards them. Hand on hips and raised brow, he asked ?Anything I should know about??. Of course he knew that meant his former master wanted answers sooner rather than later. Part of Ben still couldnt help feeling like a padawan in trouble whenever Qui-Gon took that tone with him.

Clearing his throat, Ben answered "As a matter of fact Batman here has volunteered and i'm sure much to your relief, i've agreed to let him go out in search of Obi-Wan instead of you or even myself". Knowing how stubborn Qui-Gon was, he didnt give him a chance to protest, "He's a very capable detective and shall keep us informed of any update. This way, he can hopefully stay under the sith's radar and we dont leave our improvised fort unprotected". Looking briefly at the Dark Knight, Ben looked back at Qui-Gon and added, "I've suggested where he could start his search, so hopefully it wont take him too long."

Ben looked straight into Qui-Gon's eyes and hoped he wouldnt ask him where that was. As difficult as it was to keep something from his Master, for the time being he thought it was best not to share that, unless he absolutely had to.

But there wasnt time for anything else. Right at that moment, his com unit started chirping a warning. "This cant be good", he thought to himself, and quickly took it out of his belt. It was the security system. Immediately, Ben pulled the portable small camera device he had in his pouch and recalled all of the images from the security cameras all around the compound. Most cameras were functioning and showed no problems. A few that were outside however appeared to be off line, including the main gate one. Rewinding the last image the camera had recorded, Ben saw a familiar dark figure with a red blade, cutting off the camera. Switching to the other hidden camera up above the entrance, Ben's heart dropped. Looking at both Qui-Gon and Batman, he managed to talk, "Looks like your trip outside might have to wait, Batman. We got company". Turning the small device so that Qui-Gon and Batman could see, Ben showed them the image of the pacing sith standing at the front doors.

Putting away the camera, Ben's hand moved to his lightsaber. Looking at Qui-Gon, he muttered, "Gather the others and keep them safe". He tried to block out the fear that Maul would once again manage to kill his former Master if he went out to engage him, so he focused instead of what he knew he had to do. "I'll handle him", was all he said to the both men standing before him. Turning away, he started walking out of the room with the intent of going towards the main gate. He had managed to destroy Maul decades before, but he was very young and had been rather foolish in how he charged him back then, he knew that now. It would be a challenge to outmaneuver the sith in lightsaber combat at his age and physical shape, that much was obvious, so he would have to rely on the Force. "There's no such thing as luck, Kenobi... you bested him once and you can find a way to do it again", he muttered to himself.

TAG: Qui-Gon, Batman, Anakin, Leia, Jar Jar

23. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Juno Eclipse:

After Juno asked if anyone was inside, a voice yelled out from the other side of the door, ?Why don?t you tell us first who?s out there?? Juno winced; so much for not letting too many people know that she was out here. Did the girl have to be so loud? She allowed air to escape between her two front teeth, hoping the youngster would get the hint and at least use her indoor voice.

As for the question at hand, she could not use her real name, obviously. She had been proclaimed dead by the Empire, and was content to remain that way. The answer? ?My name is Leia. Of the Organa family,? she whispered back. It seemed a safe name to use. There was slim chance that anyone on Tatooine would recognize the name of the representative from a far-off planet, much less know what she looked like.

While Organa?s connection to the Rebellion was firmly established, due to Vader?s treachery against Galen, Imperial agents could not possibly have learned of Leia?s involvement yet, since PROXY had made sure to sever the connection just before the Rebels were captured.

Just after she finished speaking, she heard a roar from inside, and her bowels clenched, like a fist attempting to punch its way out. There was no mistaking the sound of a Wookiee. If one was inside the dwelling, however, that made it less likely that she had been abducted by Vader or Palpatine?s agents. As a rule, members of the species had no love for the Empire.

She again whispered, ?While we?re on the subject of introductions, to whom exactly am I speaking?? Before the person could answer, however, she continued. ?Perhaps we could converse better if we were both on the same side of the door??

TAG: Galen, PROXY, Mission, Zaalbar, young Han

24. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Mos Eisely/House

And in a flash, everything went to hell.

He didn't hear much of the conversation, going on outside, but apparently the wookie did, as he soon clambered away in a roar of fury, bowcaster in hand.

Galen and the droid next to him looked at each other, and then they too went outside, Galen having his lightsaber at ready.

When he arrived, everyone was tense, the twilek pointing her gun at the enemy that was there yet wasn't. The wookie trained his bowcaster at the door as well.

Galen himself slowly crept up by the door, ready to take whoever was on the other side by surprise...

...having no idea just who it was.

?While we?re on the subject of introductions, to whom exactly am I speaking? Perhaps we could converse better if we were both on the same side of the door??

Galen suddenly stopped in his tracks, his mind registering the voice fully. He remembered it, oh how he did. Just how could he forget?

He wanted to believe it, trying to find a reason as to how it could be true...

The voice sounded like that of his bright spot in his being, his very motivation to actually fight the Empire, instead of waging a mock war.

But was it really her?

Only one way to find out....

The door creaking as it opened, the sight it was hiding was truly a sight to see to his eyes.

The soft face, the blonde hair, Imperial uniform, with a blaster at hand...

"Juno.." it was barely more than a whisper, yet for a whisper it had such power to it. Of disbelief, of shock...yet also of joy.

TAG: Juno, everyone else present

25. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Juno Eclipse:

The door creaked opened, and she came face-to-face with a ghost. It was as if she were frozen in carbonite; the moment from one heartbeat to the next was so stretched out as to be infinite. Time snapped back into place, however, when he whispered, "Juno.."

She wanted to run screaming in the other direction. She wanted to jump into his arms and cover his face with kisses. She did neither of those things, maintaining instead a neutral expression and body language while she said, ?As I indicated, my name is Leia Organa, and I wish to speak to whoever is in charge here.?

She looked into Galen?s eyes, desperately hoping he would catch the message in her own: Play along. These people could not know who she really was. With an effort, she dragged her gaze away from his, afraid that, despite her best efforts, she might give herself away if she could not stop staring into those depthless orbs. Such a lovely color.

TAG: Galen, PROXY, Mission, Zaalbar, young Han

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.