main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM August Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Aug 1, 2006.

1. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I guess we should probably start one of these. What day is good for everyone? Obviously this weekend (the 6th) is too soon but which other day works. Also is there anything anyone wants to do? I think we have some stuff to talk about from the Comic Con announcements but we can still do something else with it. Let me know what you all think.

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm good for any weekend after the 6th (as we start school the next day.)

3. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The only Sundays I have free are the 6th and 27th. I think I am on call on the 27th though. If I can't make the meeting, on whatever day is best for everyone else, then I will have to find out what I missed from someone.

4. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well how does the 27th sound everybody? That way if you aren't on standby that weekend Everett you can show up. Mostly I really want to hear about Comic Con (wink wink Leroy). If our informate cann't show, at least we can all talk about what we read and saw on tv.

5. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure the 27th works.

6. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I'm pretty much not free at all this month. :( I've got Grease these upcoming two weekends, and then the next, I'll be moving to Las Cruces. Finally, the 27th, I don't know what we'd have planned; it may be possible, but I can't make any promises. So don't make any plans involving me. ;)

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I didn't know you were in Grease. Nicole is planning on going next weekend. I wanted to go too, but with Beth it makes it difficult. Good luck! Oh and I messed up, I am hoping Leroy and Brian (sorry forgot) both can make the next meeting to fill us in.

8. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Hi everyone... Ha, I wonder if anyone remembers me. I am really, Really, really, really sorry that I have not kept up since like forever. Um... I feel weird just kinda jumping in after being away for so long. So I guess I am gonna ask for permission to possably go to the next meeting from all of yof you guys. Again, I am really sorry... I couldnt do anything all summer, I had class from 8 am to about 6 at night monday-friday. But I am done now. so....

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey Mario, good to have you back! Of coarse you can come to the next meeting, what kind of question is that.

We're having it here in El Paso. And I'm supposed to look for a place except I still haven't figured it out. Any ideas would be helpful.

10. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Welcome back Mario. You are always welcome to attend the meetings. Hope to see you at this months meeting.

11. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay so the meeting will be at the Barnes & Noble on the east side of town (unless anyone can think of some place else.) If you don't know the location, I'll be sure to get it to you.

12. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay so we are set for the 27th in El Paso. We might need to come up with a better meeting place though. It seems that in the past Barnes and Noble hasn't been an easy place to get together. Let me think about it and I will post before the weekends out where to meet. Anyone with ideas, feel free to post them.

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure that's fine.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay sorry, exercise week here at Holloman. I am thinking that maybe we should meet at a pizza place that is easy to find. Ronnie if you don't mind could you let me know which ones are close off the highway that everyone should be able to find easy enough.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure, I'll be sure to do that after school today.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I appreciate your help with this. I know we have that Chucky Cheese next to TRU, but I would like to avoid it if possible.

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah I know what you mean. Today I'll be driving around to find possible locations so I'll get back to you. I know I said I'd do that on the 18th but things have been a little hectic lately and then we hadn't had the computer either.

18. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well I found on a map a Cici's and a Cosmos'(?) Pizza places near the mall. Does anyone know anything about either?

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    CiCi's has pretty good pizza. I haven't eaten at any in El Paso though. They used to have a buffet. I don't know if they still do though.

20. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Have we decided on a time for the meeting yet? I haven't seen one.

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I haven't gotten around to looking yet (I know the meeting is supposed to be this weekend.) Things just haven't turned out the way I expected (then again most things never do.)

22. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Alright command decision time. We are hitting Cici's pizza off the I-10 this Sunday at 3. If anyone has any big problems with the time speak ASAP so we can work out a better time. The address is 8855 Viscount Blvd. It is right over by the mall.

23. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That works for me.

24. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Sorry, Mandy and I can't make it this Sunday... we're moving a couch into our apartment from Alamo to Cruces, which is going to be quite a feat, considering our small space.

25. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I'll see if I can make it, things have been quite hectic lately. Haven't really had time for much.