main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO August Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Gangrenous, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    yes yes yes, indeed the cheap route, raise of hands, who is poor here? *raises his hand* oh, and the 24th looks good for me, nuthin' going on at that point. oh, and happy anniversary!

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    The 24th is good for me!! :D

I remember that episode Tim! But then I loved the Flintstones. My favorite cartoon ever.

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks all! It will 11yrs on the 26th of this month. Since there really are no good movies out, maybe we should find a moderate priced eatery? Maybe we could try Blueberry Hill again? Any other suggestions?

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    So the 24th then?

What and where?

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I could go for Blueberry Hill again or a Friday's or bowling or...well, you know I'm easy. I love Blueberry Hill, but it's not convenient to get to. Good luck finding free parking around there. LOL!

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Bowling sounds fun. :D At one point in time, we talked about forming a team...

7. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Bowling would be cool, but leagues might be going on, so it could be hard to find a lane.

8. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Bowling + Friday evening = packed building and maybe not getting a lane so that's probably not a good idea.

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    oh darn, good point Frank... new ideas???

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hopefully something cheap. I'm still out of work so I really don't have the money to do much if anything at all to be honest.

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Maybe we could do a picnic in a park. Everyone bring something to eat and we could bring frisbees, lightsabers something to play with...

12. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm out. I started work this week and now I am working everyday this week and have orientation on Sat. from 9 to 4pm.

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    That sounds like fun, Christina. :D

Congratulations on the job, sorry you won't be able to make it but being able to pay bills and buy food is more important. [:D]

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I think a picnic would be our best bet. I'll have the kids with me. Did we decide to do this on Friday? Saturday I'll be up at my grandparents' house. (Jules is turning 5.:eek: )

15. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    oooo! a picnic! that sounds fun... hmmm, d'you think the park rangers in the area would ask to check a blaster rifle on an imperial stormtrooper?!? lol, i've had that happen to me before... course, dunno if i'd come costumed or not, the way the weather's been.

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yeah, I think we said Friday... anyone have a park to suggest? We could do it at Forest Park; it is nice and central.

And Sniper? We don't usually meet in costume. :) You are welcome to wear it but I think you will be alone...

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    And you might melt. :p

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I start a new job Monday. I was there most of the day today so sorry that I didn't make it to the park.

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Well it was a good thing after all that we didn't go to the park. Considering the weather.
    Congrats on the job Frank!
    I love my new job. I visited the baby orangatun, the polar bear, the penguins and the grizzly bear today while at lunch at work. So cool!

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah! I got out of work early because the storm knocked out our power and they said it wouldn't be on until 2pm tomorrow. It was kinda a weird day today. One of our members (an older, really nice guy whose wife died a few weeks ago) went out to golf today and died on a bench on the course. So sad! But he gets to be with his wife now.:(

21. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Wow! Power was out for about 15 minutes at my work, but they did have backup on. How sad about that man. But like you said, now he is with his wife.

Tell Jules Happy 5th Birthday from me and Christina! Christina is currently without power now too.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    So since we didn't have the meeting at the park today....official meeting is in Atlanta. LOL Only 4 people are recquired to make it official. I think we can manage that. :)

23. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Actually, there will be 7 of us. So, yes I think it would qualify. LOL!

24. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    well, apparently i missed someting, so apologies 'bout that... but i was called in to repair a computer, and i'm trying to find a temp job so as i can pay rent... >_< the Empire spares no taxes, even on its troopers o_O lol. i swear i'll make it to at least one meeting, darn it! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.