main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Augusta Georgia FanForce!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by bluestarwizard, Nov 9, 2012.

1. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    It's been quite a few years since the Augustan Raiders had their last meeting, but with a new trilogy of Star Wars films just over the horizon, I thought it might be a great time to start back up the Augusta, Georgia FanForce. I'm trying to assemble most of the original members and it would be great to meet many new faces as well. Anyone who is in our area and would be interested in joining us please feel free to introduce yourself here.

In the past we always held our group meetings in Borders bookstore. These days Borders is gone unfortunately, but Barnes and Noble at the Augusta Mall seems to be a good choice for future meetings. With the cafe as well as the mall food court it should be well suited for our purposes. As of right now the first idea for a group event is a Star Wars marathon at the home of one of our original members in Augusta. Any ideas are of course welcome. Look forward to hearing from everyone!

Chris

Jinxie likes this.
  2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hi, Chris! I'm excited to see that you're trying to get Augusta's FF back up and running! Good luck and let me know if you need anything. :)

~Traci

3. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Thanks so much Traci! Still contacting everyone but it should all come together soon. :)

4. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Im excited and cautiously optimistic about the future of our beloved galaxy far far away. And definitely excited to get the old fan force back together!

Good idea Chris!

Jinxie likes this.
  5. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Me and Davey are in....What do you guys think about the writer of Toy Story 3 writing the script for Star Wars VII? I'm kind of worried it will have a Pixar feel.

6. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Not to worried about it having a Pixar feel. Michael Arndt is an Oscar winning writer, huge Star Wars fan, and he just writes great characters, which is exactly what Star Wars needs. So in my opinion this is good news. :)

Jinxie likes this.
  7. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Cool, I was wondering. I was a little worried it would be campy.

8. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    This showed up on the Star Wars page on Facebook. I didn't realize this was an actual place.

Want to feel like the queen of Naboo? Visit this real world filming location from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The Plaza de EspaƱa is located in Seville, Spain. Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker take a walk across the plaza while discussing her childhood - go trace their steps!

9. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    I see no new alerts and no further conversation. Did everyone get swallowed into the nebulae?

10. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    I'm still here, lol. Been without internet for a few days. Yeah, I remember seeing them filming there in the extras on the AOTC DVD I believe. It's really a beautiful place.

Have you heard anything from Andrew or Kenny?

Chris

11. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    I've heard nothing from either of them. I'm headed to MCG tomorrow, I will stop in and see Andrew.

12. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Welcome back Raiders!

We CLONES of Macon are looking forward to the Georgia Star Wars Fans Revitalization Project. We are excited to see our friends to the north coming back together and breaking new ground. All are always welcome at any CLONE functions and I know the invitation is recipricated.

I look forward to many joint events in the future.

13. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    As do I my friend, and it was great talking with you the other day. If feels good to have the excitement back again that we had during the time approaching the prequels. Looking forward to the fun filled years ahead!

Chris

14. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    I'm ready for a marathon and I've never played the RPG but it sounds fun.

15. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Cool Jinxie! We should go ahead and start making plans for it. :)

Chris

16. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    What looks like a good weekend? Oh and I randomly heard from nivuahc. Nothing from the others.

17. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Any weekend will be good for me although I work at Harley every Friday and Saturday till 6pm.

18. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Harley in Augusta?

19. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Yep. I work at Augusta Harley Davidson Wed-Sun.

20. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Ha! I pass you everyday going to get Davey from school. We should do lunch sometime!

21. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    That would be great!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

22. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Lunch was great now we need to work on other members. Anyone interested in a Barnes and Noble night?

23. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    Well, I'm wondering when we can find out who will be the actors in the movies and if they are going their own way....making all of the books au or if they will follow the books enough so that the bookverse will be EU.

24. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Haven't heard much about actors other than the fact that hamill and fisher both met with Lucas before the announcement if the new trilogy. Lots of stars saying they want to be involved I hear. Pretty sure the books are going to stay eu. Although the script isn't going to be based on any of them it most likely won't conflict with anything that's already eu.

Why don't we do a first friday meeting at barnes and noble every month?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

25. Jinxie

Jinxie Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    First Friday at Barnes and Nobles sounds great!! Today's Mace Wind us birthday according to the official Star Wars Facebook page.