main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005

Here is an update. The face is almost finished. I say almost cause I know some tones are missing on the lower part of the right cheek and on her chin, they'll be added in next update ;)

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/leia01_etape05.jpg]

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! *dies from shock*

[face_worried] Why does she look like she's living?

3. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Looks great! Can't wait to see more :)

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    SPOT ON Carrie Fisher.

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::eek:
    :_|=D=

Holy !@#$!!!

I never fail to be astounded when I come to see an update Master Aurelia--it's...just like a photograph of Carrie/Leia...but as we've never seen her before... Just awesome with the face--her eyes....... Almost hypnotic in their realism and intensity. You've captured her features just perfectly--her nose, her eyes, her mouth. I just can't get over how much like a photograph this looks...awesome...

**sighs, staring**

:D

FF

6. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    You got FF to utter curses.
    I'm impressed :p

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! Great job so far, Aurelia! Like others said above, it's spot on Carrie! Can't wait to see it further along! ;)

8. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    First sorry for killing Chilla [face_worried]

Thanks for your messages, it's much appreciated. [face_love]

I didn't think it was possible but I draw even slower than usual. I'm so afraid to make mistakes with light that I try to be very careful and as a result the face alone took me 30 hours.
    Anyway, I spent a little time on it tonight so here a little update and as tomorrow I don't work, I'll have more to show you ;)

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/leia01_etape06.jpg]

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    A . M . A . Z . I . N . G ... :eek:

and absolutely wonderful, as always! =D= =D= =D=

oldj

10. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks oldj[:D]

Here is another update. I still have a part of her clothes left to do and of course her hands as well. It should be finished in a day or two ;)

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/leia01_etape07.jpg]

11. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    holy crap! :eek: :eek::eek::eek:

that is amazing!!

I also have a question. How do you make her skin look almost like porcelin. Like what pencil (or eraser) or both do you use. I think that is really cool how you do that.

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Incredible. Theres nothing more to say. :)

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ack! :eek:

That is simply amazing, Aurelia! No other words to describe it!

14. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Absolutely breathtaking.
    The skin, the hair, the clothes. Just everything.

On a side note, I was really curious as to how well the hair in front of the ear was going to turn out. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest :)

15. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    That is..... Amazing!!!....=D=

16. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Wonderful! o_o la peau est divine et les cheveux sont magnifiques ^_^

17. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Aurelia- unbelievable work! I love the attention to detail. I know I try so damn hard to get likenesses down, but you make it look easy. I love your work! I would say my favorite is the Obi-Wan portrait. The intensity in the eyes is outstanding. Simply beautiful.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **bows down the Master Aurelia's greatness**

Leia looks so, so beautiful!! I simply never cease to be amazed at the stunning accuracy of your work, Master--this piece is made so all the more in that it's "invented," that this drawing isn't from a complete reference...absolutely stunning... Her loose hair, lying over her shoulder, is just gorgeous, and the tones and shading are (as always) photo-realistic. You said you were worried about "getting the lighting right;" I don't think there's any question as to how right this looks! Another masterpiece, Master--this is definitely an award winner (but then, aren't they all? ;) :D )!!

FF

19. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    "...i tried to make a draft first on a print paper and then trace it thanks to a light placed under a glass."

Ah, smart idea. Thanks for sharing it. :) Your messy draft is still far cleaner than mine though, lol.

It's looking amazing so far Aurelia! - Just as I thought it would. Fabulous soft skin tone and detailed hair. I personally like how you've worked in your signature onto her uniform. ;)

- Suz ^_~

20. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D] Thank you so much everyone for your adorable messages [face_love]

For her skin, i used a mechanical pencil with a HB 0.5mm lead (there's also 4B but only for the shadow under her nose). I can't tell you exactly how many layers of HB i put but I'd say between 3 and 5 or 6 depending on the darkness I wanted to achieve. Between every layer, I used my "kleenex blending" technique to make her skin look as soft as i could and only the last layer is not blended.

Here is the finished artwork. I wish I could have posted it yesterday but those hands have taken more time than i tought and I'm still not satisfied with them but i think that's the best I can do without reference.

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/leia01.jpg]

edited to post the full size version

21. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    it really turned out nice aurelia!!

beautiful job.

I didn't know you could acheive that (the look on the skin) with a mechanical pencil. In my experience it has always been very dark. That is nice to know though... I'll have to try it out. Thanks!

Great job.

22. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    WOW!!!!! [face_hypnotized] I should be taking lessons on drawing faces from you!!!

Yes, I agree---her eyes are amazing! Smooth rendering I know is a very difficult task--you say you use Kleenex? interesting idea! The hands are coming along nicely

23. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I couldn't even draw a good self-portrait let alone a drawing of someone else's face! Great Work!!!!!!!!!=D=

24. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Whoa...30 hours
    And it looks worth every minute. the smoothness of the lines and the texture of her hair is amazing.
    I mentioned this to FalconFan, I totally envy artists who can still work with graphite. My style of drawing is much too unforgiving for paper.
    Great work, I can't wait to see what you have coming next.

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **weeps uncontrollably, overwhelmed by the beauty**

:_|=D==D=

OMG!! This is just soooo beautiful!!! Of course, it has been all along, in each stage of the process--but to see her done, just sitting there, casually braiding her hair, as though we are the mirror she's using...this is just gorgeous!! I love reading about your process (and try to learn from each technique you mention), and the pencils and methods you use--you're just a fount of knowledge for all all of us here, Master Aurelia! I know you'll wallk away with the award or prize or whatever they're offering in the contest you've entered her in--sheesh, I'd pay tons of money just to hang a lithograph of this on my wall! Another fabulous piece, and a total original, which makes it all the more spectacular!

=D==D=
    **bows to Aurelia's greatness**

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.