main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow! The finished Yoda is amazing!

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  3. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks to all of you for your messages :*

Thanks for the links Bryan! I will probably choose a pic from the great Obi-Wan/Padmé scene as it's the best pic I've found of Obi-Wan in Episode III.

I'll add it to my (long) list of "drawings to do" ;)

4. Great_One

Great_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Oh Aurélia, that's incredible!! Brava!

5. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks Great_One !:)

6. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi, can i just say how much i like your site and how much i love your drawings, they are worthy of an art museum lol.

7. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Yoda is beautifully done, aurelia-acc -- wonderful attention to detail in getting every last wrinkle down yet it has an overall delicate feel to it.

8. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks to both of you for your comments :)

9. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    I've started my drawing of Obi-Wan and the first step is finished.
    Obi-Wan step 1

I hesitated a long time before starting the drawing cause I had a beautiful, high res, pic from AOTC but as I wanted to make a drawing from Episode 3, I finally chose a pic from a scene with Padmé ( the same scene as in my drawing of Padmé). But I preciously keep the other pic for a future artwork :D

I haven't decided yet if there will be, as in the drawing of Yoda, a background or not, i guess it will depend on how the hair stands out from the white background.
    For once, i placed some dark parts in the first step because i was a little "lost" among all these hair locks so I needed some marks for the next step

As for the other ones, it's made with graphite on bristol paper.
    size of the paper: 24x32 cm, size of the drawing itself: 20x28 cm
    the reference pic can be seen here

10. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Amazing, I love how 'soft' your drawings seem to be, they almost flow its realy nice. :)

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::_|
    It's so beautiful already!!!
    This is the same view of Obi Wan that I fell in love with, and I am sooo anxious to see you complete this piece, Aurelia!!! The expression on his face, after telling Padme that Anakin has fallen, is both heartbroken and determined, and I can already see that in your start! This is going to be sooo beautiful!!

**begins to pace restlessly, hovering in Aurelia's thread...**

;) :D

FF

12. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    :eek: WOW!

I just noticed this, and you have a talent! those are very life like drawings, Ive bookmarked your site too! :D

do you take requests? I might ask you to draw some people for one of my fan fics :)

Great Job, I cant wait to see more :)

13. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Obi is fabulous so far! :cool: It's spot-on. ;) I look forward to the next WIP update.

14. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for all your comments, it's always so motivating.

I'm not supposed to work today so it should be a long tête-à-tête with Obi-Wan, yes only Obi,my pencils and me lol. So I'll post an update tonight ;)

I'm really glad you like my site :)

As I said to LordNeo in a PM, I don't take request cause I'm too busy with my own stuff but if anyone feels like using one of my SW portraits, I don't mind at all, just leave me a message here or a PM to let me know ;)

15. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    There's a special thread for requests here

Here is today's update ;)
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape2.jpg]

16. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Obi-Wan is already looking beautiful - I still can't get over how well you draw hair. I also love looking at your very insanely clean line art (that's something I can't do, lol).

Oh, and Yoda is - as is all your work - a masterpiece. :)

- Suz ^_~

17. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks Suz[:D] The good thing with hair is that the more I draw some, the more I like it so I don't mind spending a lot of time doing it.

I haven't had much time to spend on the drawing today so I only had the time to make the forehead but I'll have more time tomorrow ;)
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape3.jpg]
    time so far: 17 hours

18. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    i could stare at your drawings of hair for years. [face_hypnotized]

-num

19. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    wo!:eek:[face_hypnotized]=D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D=
    will you marry me???

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, stunning! It's like watching a beautiful flower open and bloom...it has that same effect on me! ;)
    I'm with Your_Worshipfulness about the way you render hair, Aurelia--it's just fantastic! Like each strand is defined, with it's own shading and lines...stunning! And the way you handle skintones and expression lines in faces is another :eek:: just like a photograph... Sigh... I know I keep saying it, over and over--but thank you so much for sharing the WIPs with us--it's just a wonderful experience, to see how these magnificent pieces come to completion!

FF

21. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    *squeals with excitement* Another WIP by Aurelia! I absolutely adore your work and the fact that we all get to see the work in progress is just so kind and wonderful of you! Thank you for giving us this unique insight into how you work. :D

It's started out truly beautiful, your skill with hair or the rest of the features for that matter is unparalled! I was just wondering how long you usually work for in one sitting? When do you say to yourself okay I'll stop now? I'm interested if you're one of those people (like me! :D )who do a massive amount of work in a few goes or if you do tiny bits at a time.

Can't wait for this pics completion! :)

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *bowing* I am not worthy....

Do you ever have what can only be described as a religious experience while studying a truly great piece of art? And, no, I'm not flattering but rather trying to communicte to you how your drawings affect me. Thank you.

Zonoma

23. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Darth_Numanus Thanks num.
    Everyone's comments about the hair are really a nice reward for all the time spent drawing it :)

jedi-master-faran wow, a marriage proposal ! That's the sweetest comment i have ever got, too adorable :*

FalconFan Thanks again Deb [:D] You know, it's a pleasure for me as well, to share the WIPs. Everyone is just so motivating, it really encourages to do better with each new drawing.
    just like a photograph thanks, that's what I'm trying to achieve. I love black and white portraits and I try to give the drawing a warmth that sometimes is not in the original pic. I still have a lot to learn to reach this kind of result but I train myself a lot ;)

Corellian_Rogue Thanks for your comments [:D]
    so about the time, in fact I hate it when I start a part of the drawing knowing I won't have the time to finish it, i mean, you know how "fast" *cough* I draw lol so I play with my pencils only if i know I'll have at least one hour to work on the drawing. The more often, I work on the piece 2 or 3 hours during the evening but sometimes I can spend 6 or 7 hours on it without seeing time passing by.
    For example, it took me only 6 days to make Anakin , yeah I was crazy enough to draw 38 hours in 6 days :D. As I was working during the afternoon that particular week and didn't have to be up early, I spent 5, 6 or 7 hours on the drawing every night. The strange thing is that I'm, at the same time, a very patient and a very impatient person. I mean when I'm drawing, I'm not paying attention to the time, I don't care about how many hours I'll spend on it but at the same time i can't help thinking "draw faster" cause once I start shading the drawing, i'm always impatient to finish it. :D

Zonoma Thanks ! No religious experience for me but sometimes, when I watch a drawing/painting that i love, I just can't take my eyes off of it. Don't laugh but when i saw one of my fav paintings in reality (that one) , I stayed in front of it during almost an hour, I just couldn't move. Even if I'm French, i've never been to the Louvres museum, but at this rhythm, I would need a whole month to visit it lol

Today i spent 5 hours on the drawing and only draw ... one ear and one eye. See I'm not getting faster :rolleyes: (i don't know if i should laugh or cry)
    Anyway here is what I've done so far:
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape4.jpg]

24. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Great work, as I said before, its amazing how smooth and lifelike your work looks, its incredible.

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek:

Wow! I can tell this one's going to be amazing! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.