main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authors - Your Favorite Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by dianethx, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Jumps up and down.

My turn! :)

1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

- My baby is Of Spies and Sabacc

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?

- For me, its a toss-up between In Love and War and The Jade Prophecy

3) Which canon character do you most like to write?

- I like writing too many. I love Han and Leia, Luke and Mara, Obi-Wan and Padme.

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write?

- Chewbacca, Yoda, Anakin, Palpatine

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

- Fave OC...Mishi the rongo droid.

- Least fave - Daram Pi, the midget changeling :p

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.

- For me, that would be like wishing one of my children away :eek:

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999

1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

"Meeting Monty" is my absolute favourite

I hope the sheer disturbing atmoshphere (according to others that is) of Flying Lessons but it'll probably actually be for the Rohnin Darkhil trilogy.

Qui-gon and Xanatos

Anakin or Obi-wan. The first because I don't truly (and I hate to admit this) understand him and the second because he is far more complex then most people like to admit.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Favourite = Caelum (followed by Tara, Davin and Fitz

Wish I could disappear: Kithera (from UsJs) and Amy (Rohnin Darkhil trilogy). Both are irritating females who can be rather one dimensional and both got their way story-wise far too often.

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.

There are plenty of unfinished Jemmiah Chronicle snapshot arcs of mine I wish would disappear because I'm never going to finish them....*sigh*

3. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Okay...

I think it'll have to be The Bartender's Tale. It's fun, is OC-based, and outside the norm. :D

Melodies of the Force. If it ever gets written... [face_plain] :p

Corran Horn. :p

Mostly I prefer smaller canon characters that I've picked up after a dozen years: Valin Horn, Syal Antilles, Bror Jace and Olin Garn (from X-wing Alliance) would go here...

Corran Horn. :D

Oooh... the first has to be my unnamed bartender in TBT, just for pure unusualness or possibly Kestar for comic effect. The second, I guess, must be Vreldan Srynack (sp! [face_laugh]) from X-wing: Pirate's Fall, who was basically an OC with one eye, a vaguely rational hatred for Wedge and Co. and a crush on Leonia Tavira... :p

(I really should go and rewrite that someday... :D)

Um... ATOR, I guess. Stands for A Tale of Revenge. Involved Corran Horn electrocuting a big lizard, the Maria-Suzukiand not much else... [face_plain] ;)

4. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I'm not a regular on the Resource forum, but I'll throw my two cents in, just since this is, as others have pointed out, a great idea.

I'd probably have to say either Hand of the Empress or else Shroud of the Dark Side.

I'd say Prisoner of the Past, one of my few attempts at Saga fiction.

I'd say that for me, it's got to be Luke and Mara. Those two are just too much fun to write!

I'll go out on a limb and say the droids. While Threepio has his moments, it's just really tough to find useful things for the droids to do that they haven't done a million times over.

I think the OC I like writing most is Eclepsa, who shows up most prominantly in Hand of the Empress.

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?

Defintely "Emergence of a Legend" for this one. I never quite managed to get that story off the ground, probably because I didn't have a really good grip on it to begin with.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

5. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004

I'd have to say Beacon of hope, my latest.

Same as above.

I like writng Tahiri and Mara.

Anakin Solo and Jag Fel. I love them to death, but they are just too darn moody!

I rather like a Coruscant street rat I created. As for the other...[face_plain]

No, I'm not going to!
    ~~~

Great idea, BTW.

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great thread. =D=

1. Of all the stories you've eve rposted on these boards, which one is you favorite?

My current fic, Finding a Father in a Memory

2. If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?

I guess if I had to pick, I'd say, Why Couldn't I Save Him. I spent a lot of time on this vignette. I took a lot of time creating the twist ending so I'm really proud of it.

3. Which canon character do you most like to write?

Obi-Wan, of course.

4. Which canon character do you most hate to write?

Currently, Palpatine. I just started writing him--he has one scene so far and only a few lines. I just can't sem to get a handle on him. He's currently in my fic, Finding a Father in a Memory. (link above)

5. Of all of the OC's you've created, which is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

My favorite OC is Arik Kenobi--featured in my fic Arik's Fury, which unfortunately is on hiatus.

I don't really have one I'd like to disappear. Yet. [face_laugh]

6. Which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?

None. I'm proud of all my stories. So far, anyway.

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Fun idea, Diane! :)

My first fic, Stronger Than Night, still has that special first-born place in my heart.

That's tough. I'm my own worst critic, but I guess it would either be What Choice Remains (co-authored with rhonderoo) or "Stronger Than Night."

Mara Jade. Luke is a close second.

I used to be afraid of writing Vader, but rhonderoo helped me conquer that demon in "What Choice Remains." Now it's Anakin Skywalker who stumps me...go figure.

I guess my fave would be Miti from STN. I've only written 2 or 3 OCs, so I don't really dislike any of them yet, LOL.

Probably Memorial. It was my first fic after a 3-yr hiatus, and I don't think it's very good.

8. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    Nice thread idea! :)

Well, since I've only written one so far, I'd have to say The Crimson Republic: The Battle For Coronet

Same as above ;)

Hmm, don't know, my story is pretty much all OC's, athough The Emperor is pretty fun to write :)

Don't know yet

I think my favorite would have to be Yohan and Salaam. I don't really have a least favorite.

At some points, I would like to throw The Battle for Coronet away, because it can get really frustrating on what I should put next.

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I agree with the others that this is a great idea, Diane! :D

Hmmm. That's kind of tricky. I hope it doesn't sound egotistical, but I like them all. [face_blush] :p I really think that Tangled Paths is my best writing to date, but my personal favorite might be Remembrance.

Infinite Possibilities, I think. :)

Mara Jade, no question about it. :D Luke is my next favorite. :D

Lando. I like him in the movies and when he's well written, but I just can't seem to channel his brand of schmooziness. [face_thinking]

Haven't created any OCs yet. [face_blush]

As my evil twin says, that would be like wishing one of my children away. :eek:

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Glad everyone is enjoying the thread. I know I am! :D plus I'm learning a lot about fics I might not have otherwise read.

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a very nice thread, diane.

That's easy-Three New Sailor Senshi. I'll probbaly never finish it simply because I love working on it so much.

That would probably be Three New Sailor Senshi again. With this fic, I like to think I've written at least a respectable crossover. I also like to think it might win a fanfic award sometime... :p

Tenel Ka, Jacen Solo, Tenel Ka, Luke, Tenel Ka, Zekk-oh! I also like writing Tenel Ka! ;) :p

I abhor writing Jag and Danni, as well as the scarheads-umm, Vong.

I have three, actually the only three. Jon, Daniel and Lorraine are the best because I've done my best not to make them Mary Sues.

None. I like to think the fics I've written are good.

12. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    LE - Once again, I'm going to have to disagree with you. You are, as always, very kind, but what must I do to beat it into you that that fic is the epitome of bad!fic? :p Although I do thank you for your dedication to the fic... any updates on Broken Cadence coming in the near future, btw? :D

And if you notice, the author and reader don't always agree - right Krystal and LuvEwan?

Darn striaght, diane! ;)

-Krystal

Edit:

LE- Wish granted! Whew! :D

Bel- alas. *shakes head* *takes out bat* I am going to beat it into you, both of you, very slowly, that Breathe is a terrible fic and you must realize it...

*gets batting stance*

Bear in mind I was All-city for two years...

And to turn this around, if you don't mind, diane, can I ask if this... occurance has ever happened to anyone else? You hated the fic you wrote but others enjoyed it? Hm?

13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Krystal - you're right. Breathe is a fic so bad it should be rejected by standards of bad!ficness everywhere. Heck, it should be a crime to post it on the internet. I mean, it was so horrible I read it twice. [face_sick]

:p I guess it just goes to show you that creator and reader can have two completely different views. ;)

14. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

Oh without a doubt All Angles because I got to climb inside the mysterious and oft misunderstood mind of Jagged Fel. Or maybe The Courtship of Jagged Fel because I?ve had way too much fun writing it with my co-author Darth_Lex. Or maybe... [face_thinking] Okay okay you get the picture.

If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?

That?s easy ? Echoes of the Past

The story has defined who I am as a writer and to a degree a person.

Which canon character do you most like to write?

Impossibly tough question. Jaina ? she?s a bratty-witch (minus the verminy letter) and she knows it. That?s what makes her so much fun to write. Jag ? he has a hero?s heart and is treated with disdain for it. I found the Corellian heart beating under that colder-than-ice Chiss resolve. :p :* :p Kyp ? the NJO did the power of his character a disservice. It's my mission to rectify that. [:D] Luke ? he?s a dork and I love him for it [face_love] Mara ? every good bratty-witch needs a great badder-than-bad witch to apprentice under. Han. Soontir. (Go Grandpa Wars!) Leia. Syal. Tahiri. Jacen?

Oh I can?t decide!

Which canon character do you most hate to write?

It used to be Padmé; I just could not get her. But maybe just maybe she has found a way into my heart and soul. There are times I hear her speaking to me ? finally.

Definitely, though, it?s any Yuuzhan Vong ? their mindset is so utterly foreign, horribly awful and beyond imagining to me.

Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Keira Winter Fel and Rane Fel ? dead tie. Don?t? even make me try to choose!

Sorry Trick :( [:D]

And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.

Not a one. They are all works of my heart. I wouldn?t put a story out there if I didn?t love it.

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Maybe I'll start a Breathe fanclub. Hey, we'll already have two members to start out. :p

I wrote something called Haven that had good reception from readers, but I just didn't care for it. I think I have the exact opposite reaction that my readers do. My favorites are usually the ones that have fewer reviews. :D

16. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Fun thread idea. :D

Stars, current favorite is "Different Seasons". A shortish set of vignettes, but I had so much fun with those -- it wasn't a wonderful attempt at figurative language, but I liked it. :p

Eh, I think I'd go with "Everyone Drinks in Hell". Again, not exactly a great story -- I cringe at some parts, personally, and I can really see the spots where I'm trying to hurry -- but I was awful proud of it.

I love them all, but I'd go with Darth Vader. The Sith Lord, I mean, rather than Anakin Skywalker -- he's just that special, classy kind of evil, and bucketloads of angst to be explored. ;)

I don't think I've ever really been able to do a good Padme. Not so much that I hate writing her, but that I don't think I have her down as well as I might have; any attempt usually results in oversimplification, and I have to scrap that. *shrugs*

*snorts* Actually, I don't think I've created any fully-fleshed OCs. I tend to use what's already there ... only one that comes to mind is a slave trader I named Ortas, but he wasn't much of a chracter anyway. :p

LOL, I'll answer that. ;) I think some people would disagree, but I kind of wish I'd ne'er either posted "Some Things" or "Comes the Night". No, I'm not giving the links :p -- everything past the first posts just embarrasses me. ;) I want to rewrite them someday ... but until then, I'll just ignore the fact that they ever existed.

17. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    You're not serious! I loved "Some Things".

18. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hey, Gabri, Infinite Possibilities is what you are known for - at least by me. I love that story.

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_blush] Thank you, Bulldog! [face_blush] :D

Elli, I have to add my voice to the "loved Some Things and Comes the Night" crowd. ;) [:D]

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Krystal I had a few good reviews for the one I dislike - The Bureaucrats are in Charge. What is more surprising is the number of people that like But (in the Archives). It's okay as a fic but I've had so many people tell me that they like it...

One of my top four favorites The Draigon's Lair I think I got 4 readers. And it was rejected for the Archives. I considered changing it but I like it too much. Oh, well.

Oh, can someone send me a link to [b]Breathe[/b]? Apparently, Krystal hates it so much it's not in her bio links. [thanks HHP for the link - good fic. She should finish it]

And while we are at it, [b]Shaindl[/b], I [b]love[/b] your [i]That's what you get for loving me[/i] fic. I kept waiting for you to update. Darn.

21. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000

Of the Round Robins, and for sheer good fun, 'A Night to (almost) Remember'. Of purely my own work I think 'It Takes One to Know One'.

One of my Snapshots?probably 'A Bird In the Hand' or 'Expecting the Unexpected' (which deals with Han's birth).

Qui-Gon Jinn, followed shortly by Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm itching to write some Han Solo as well!

Padme or Anakin. Happy to read about them: terrible at writing them.

They're all my children! How can I choose? Er, let's see?Dex Berlingside and Jemmiah Gleshan, equally. Possibly Sal-Fina Falmar wouldn't be too far behind them, either. Least fave: I'm not sure I have one. Probably Junine Vyatt for being so vile and useless.

Dex, Lies and Holotape: purely because I know I'm going to have to go back and finish it one day!

22. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Have you ever written a story that you were madly in love with but the readers were?. lacking or indifferent? Have you ever written a story that was only okay but the readers loved?

I really loved This Ain't a Love Song...maybe it's because it was inspired by Jon Bon Jovi (my other obsession ;) ), or it was the idea of Mara and Luke playing a video game together that cracked me up, but I just loved that story from the get-go. I don't think too many other people did, as it's gotten the least response of ANY story I've ever written.

I was really shocked by the reaction to The Big Chill as it was just a little piece of fluff that I wrote to irritate GreatOne...and it got nominated for the 2004 SFFA! I was totally shocked by the reader reaction to that story.

Has to be Sleight of Hand although it's more like a love/hate relationship right now. :rolleyes: I sometimes feel like it's never going to be finished.

Again, Sleight of Hand. It's definitely my most ambitious project.

[face_love] Luke!!! [face_love]

I cannot write the droids at all, which is why they are conspicuously absent from all my stories. I find Vader difficult as well.

I haven't really written any OC's.

Hmm, really none of them. The stuff that I post anyway...I have deleted tons of junk that y'all should be glad never saw the light of day! :p

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Jedi Skywalker: First Name's Shmi
    I haven't written alot, but I'm about to post a little one-shot and I hope it's that.
    Shmi Skywalker
    Danni Quee and pretty much everybody else (that I've read) that doesn't turn up in my fics
    I really like this one guy, whose name I haven't released yet, from The Final Battle. Don't like? If I don't like 'em, I don't write 'em (okay, maybe Kodachi Domain Cha is an exception).
    None of what I'm working on, even though I do a horrible job of upping.

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004

I only have a few... but gotta say by far it is 2 (hopefully you don't mind them being a viggie??) Death of One Man and One Last Hope

The First

*Snrk* as if most ain't figured it out yet... [face_love] Count Dooku

Hmmm that'd be trickey cuz I ain't wrote on too many of them... I'd take a gander at the Jedi of before TPM, during TPM, and AoTC that are not talked of much or explained. Cuz when you don't know too much about them you have to come up with what could be acceptable. Which to me would be fun... but then some folks would/could take offense.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite?

I'd have to say Jedi Knight Lindoro D'Lockens followed by his Padawan Menaria Darce.

Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Probably Lin's nemesis - Jedi Knight Kalriss Pelori hehehe

None ;) I only have a few and quitefully enjoying those.

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    This should be fun! :D

Although it?s very difficult not to say The Skywalker Prophecy trilogy, simply because it?s a labor of love that lasted over a year and a half, I have to say my favorite completed story is Chandrila Surprise, the first story I wrote that wasn?t an AU of the PT or OT. The inspiration for the story was all my own, and that makes it my favorite. [face_love]

As of now I?d have to say The Paths of Fate, the final book of my trilogy. It fulfills all the setup in plot and characterization I?d built up over the trilogy, and I think the payoff is pretty great. :cool:

Although the story I?m writing now with TKL, The Courtship of Jagged Fel, ultimately will surpass POF, without a doubt. We?ve had tons of fun planning and writing COJF, and the feedback from readers has been even more enthusiastic (and outraged!) than we expected. It doesn?t get any better than that for a fanfic project. :D

Wow, what a tough question! It?s very close, but I?d have to say [face_batting] Padmé [face_batting] ? I?ve always had a good handle on her motivations and aspirations, and she has a great combination of her son?s earnest willpower and her daughter?s headstrong spirit.

I also really like writing Anakin Skywalker, Leia, Mara, Han, Jaina and Jag.

Jacen Solo drives me crazy. [face_frustrated]

It took me a long time to feel comfortable writing Luke, and I also struggled learning to write Han and Mara. In the PT era, the toughest for me is Palpatine, just because it?s difficult to make him diabolical enough without it being obvious that he?s Darth Sidious. :p

Too easy! My favorite OC is Bryon Skywalker, a/k/a [face_love] Bryon [face_love] or =P~ Bryon =P~ How could it not be my OC with his own fan club? ;)

I don?t really have an OC I dislike? Other than maybe a young blonde Sith I killed off in A Destiny Renewed who the readers had taken to calling Darth Barbie? [face_laugh]

I?m not quite that embarrassed of anything I?ve posted? ;) Some of my earliest stories have some very big weaknesses in them, aspects that I?d definitely write differently now. But they?re still fun for what they are, so they can stick around as long as they stay locked deep in the Classic forum. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.