main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authors - Your Favorite Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by dianethx, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    1)Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite? No Good Deed.

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be? This is a toss-up between No Good Deed and ?Something of Value?, although I guess NGD has an edge because of its length and complexity. Coming up with the Gungan culture and myths was enormous fun, and this was the first time I?d ever written anything this long. One of my readers called me ?The Great Gungan Writer?. I realize many people would cringe if they were given a title like that, but I?m actually pleased by and proud of it. A lot of research and thought has gone into my Gungan stories.

3) Which canon character do you most like to write? Hands down, it?s Captain Tarpals. (Who? :D In TPM, when Jar Jar and the Jedi first enter Gunga City, Tarpals is the fellow on the kaadu who meets them at the entrance. We see him again with Jar Jar during the ground campaign of the Battle of Naboo ? he?s the older Gungan with the ?whiskers?.) Tarpals is a very minor character, which was actually an advantage, since there had been very little done with him in either canon or fanon. He?s turned out to be a grouchy but honorable elder with a heart of gold (usually against his better judgment...).

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write? After Attack of the Clones, I?ve really come to loathe Anakin Skywalker, but I don?t write about him, so.... [shrugs] I like Jar Jar Binks, but I have trouble writing him when he?s in his flamboyant TPM persona. After TPM is over and he?s calmed down enough to be considered for an ambassadorial position, he?s much easier to write.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten? This is tough ? I?m very fond of all my Gungan OCs, even Zurith Herns, who started out as vehemently anti-human. Readers really like Treece and Rift, from ?Sacred Place?, and I enjoyed writing Treece as well. But I also like Kimma Nril and her family, and Orrin and Peskis, all from No Good Deed. And then there?s Zanté, a human girl who loses her ability to speak during the Trade Federation invasion.... *sigh* I don?t know.... Toss up between Kimma and Orrin, I guess. Except.... [face_thinking] Grr... Let's move on, shall we?

The OC I dislike the most is easy ? Senator Oorit Blenesk, from ?Fish Story?, who?s part of the committee that comes to Otoh Gunga to certify the Gungans for admission into the Republic. He?s an arrogant, obnoxious politician ? you?re supposed to hate him! I suspect it?s no coincidence that I?m writing this story during a presidential election year. ;)

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I?m fortunate to be producing my Star Wars pieces after many years of writing practice, so none of them are so awful that I won?t admit to them. The one that?s been difficult is my present piece ?Fish Story?, part of which I changed in response to my beta readers? comments. I liked my original plotline better than the one I?m publishing, but the current plot fits the characters better, so I?m letting it go. Besides, the Gungans are pretty conflicted over what?s happening to their culture, and I?m conflicted over the plot, so we?re all on the same wavelength there. Maybe it?s something in the water....

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

Hm.... short story: Cry. But for novel...probably Caught in the Rain, soon to be replaced by its sequel, KB ;) Although..."From Dream to Dream" was...and "Die Another Day"...and, er, you get the point. I love most of my fics :D They wouldn't get written if I didn't!

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?

Well, maybe "Cry" again. And maybe By My Side and its sequels.

3) Which canon character do you most like to write?

Zekk, because I love him; Jaina, because there's so much room to take the overused and make it good; Tenel Ka, because there's so much going on underneath; and Kyp, because...well, he's *Kyp*!

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write?

Ugh, can't write Luke or Mara, or anyone else who I've only read a little about--Jacen and Anakin are tough, too.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Favourites: Sanar and Devnos Klis, Lera Verili, and Davin Fel. Least favourites: um...I don't think I really *have* any.

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.

Oh Sith. RotJ, not least of which for its title. At least it got a little better at the end...and it *did* spawn CitR and KB, so I can forgive it. But my writing was just...ugh. *shudder* I'm trying to rewrite some of it now, and it just can't be fixed a whole lot :p I also kind of regret "Phoenix: Die Another Day", because I put so much into it, but it just never took flight, and I had to ditch the whole series in favour of another :( [face_plain]

~TJF

3. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    :)

Good questions, diane, this is a very interesting thread idea...

Hmmmmmmmmm, my favorite story that I've written...I would have to say that I'm proudest of my Episode III vignette and The Fate of Padme. I say this because it's my own treatment of Episode III, which I had imagined for quite some time, then finally got up the nerve to write. I got a lot of great response and being that they were the first fanfiction I ever wrote, they're pretty special to me...

If you read my fics, it won't come as a surprise that my favorite canon character to write is Obi-Wan... :D

As far as the fade into oblivion question...well, there are too many to count... :D

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?
    I would have to say... Of Love and Remembrance
    Most likely The Choice
    Jagged Fel baby!
    Zekk or Jacen!
    5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?
    I havent really created any OC's!
    6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?
    I would have to say... Most likely the first story i ever wrote... LOVE WITHSTANDS EVERYTHING... there were wayyy to many plot holes.. and it was my first ever fan fiction.. so it was of course horrible! Especially since i was like 11 when i started writing it (though im only 13 nearly 14 now!... and by the end I just wanted it to be over... though i may go back and redo it... as a project next summer

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002

Probably Salvaging Hope at the moment. :)

The Cell, because it's weird and challenging and stuff. :D :p [/Elli]

Probably Obi-Wan, Luke a close second. :D I'm still figuring Obi-Wan out, and I love that. :D

Eeek! Mace Windu. Trying to write something with him now, and it's just horrible. :p I can't get the right balance of toughness, Jedi Masterly-ness, and that guy who said 'the party's over'. :p

Probably Dela of Salvaging Hope is my favorite, and Kyalla of Tainted Child my most disliked. :p I don't hate any outright, though. [face_thinking]

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.

Tainted Child - I look back on it and cringe. :p I've written and posted worse, but I think I should have known better by the time I wrote that one, and this one is so much longer - 67,000 words of cliche-ness. :p

6. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Great idea for a thread! I've enjoyed reading through everyone's responses! And kayladie, I loved This Ain't a Love Song!

Now for me: :p

Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

The Lost Ones because it was just so much fun to write! It's a post ROTJ-AU where Anakin has survived. He and Luke are on a mission together and they struggle to come to terms with their troubled history.

Luke and Anakin are my favorite characters, and I adore angst and mush, so I really had a ball with this one. :)

If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?

Well, TLO is my favorite, but I guess I'd pick Fear because I think it's the best written of my stories.

Which canon character do you most like to write? Luke, definitely. He's always been my favorite character. Anakin is a close second, though.

Which canon character do you most hate to write?

I don't hate any of them. I have the hardest time with Han, but I still enjoy writing him.

Of all the OCs you've created, which is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Well, my OCs have only secondary roles, but I do like the four padawans I've created for Luke and Anakin at their Jedi Academy. In fact, I've considered writing some pieces concentrating on them, but I can't drag myself away from writing Luke and Anakin long enough to do it. :p

I don't think I have an OC that I want to disappear.

And lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?

Well, none really. But I do think I could do a better job on my first story, Return to Naboo. I keep thinking that I ought to rewrite it, add some things, change some things, etc., but I keep getting inspired with new ideas instead. Maybe someday...

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Great idea Diane, I'm having fun reading these.

1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite? Dark Legacy I'm having so much fun writing it.

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be? The above :p

3) Which canon character do you most like to write? It has to be Count Dooku. [face_blush] Obi-Wan comes a close second.

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write? That's a hard one. But Anakin is difficult for me. I love his character, but he doesn't like to come out on my keyboard.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten? Favorite-Avil from Past of Darkness-somewhere far away in the deep bowels of this forum. ;) Loved creating him and writing.

Least favorite- Selena- from KOTOR-a co-created character that just became a monster and created many arguments between all the co-writers :p

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? None yet, but I'm working on it! :D

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm just enjoying everyone's responses!!!!

And obaona I loved Tainted Child!

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002

A Letter To The Galaxy - from Darth Vader

Darth Vader, God love 'im. I was having a craptacular day at work and this fic just appeared from nowhere...and made me laugh. I laughed and felt so much better after having wrote it, and found out I could do humor. With Darth Vader even!!!

Long Forgotten

My first attempt at Luke and Leia. Aaack! I overcame my demons. :p Okay, mostly.

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

If you can get into his head, you can get into anybody's!!!

Yoda

Can't do the "Yoda-speak" nor can I get into his rigid little head.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite?

Myr in Anniversaries of the Heart

Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

I don't remember if I have another one! :eek:

My first fic - Destiny from the old Saga boards...

It's so bad - I'm not doing a link. [face_not_talking]

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    All right, I'll bite:

Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?

Oh I love all my children... But While you were Out is especialy close as it's my rare venture into AU. Anakin, Padme and a happy ending... I grew to like Obi-Wan in this fic too and found that fondness transfered over to the more 'straight' stories.

The Rocker Chair.

I wrote is as the counter to all the 'Anakin is compleatly evil' fics I was seeing.

Anakin, especially when he is interacting with OC's that let him lighten up.

Hmmm.... I find Yoda hard to write and I've been spoiled by Geo3's Palpatine. No one can do subtal calculating evil like him.

Schurke Canaille and Kampher Lutador of
    And All Points North Knights and Eros Bound
    Naming.

Kam and Schurke were originally created to show that *gay* OC's weren't just excuses for bed hopping slash fics. They've grown and taken on a life of their own, becoming Anakin's demonstrative close freinds and confidants and far outstripping their original intent of paperboard background fillers.

I don't want any of my OC's want disapear as even those I'm not overly fond of served their purpous.

Ahhh none of them, each was a learning experiance!

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Whheee, cool topic, my turn since I don't do much of this anymore!

I have to pick one? Er...

Wrong Again will probably surprise a lot of people. I'm very proud of that piece, even if the ending wasn't what I was intending it to be.

Though Reflections of a Jedi comes in a close second for the only time I've really written a 1st Person POV story...

Ugh, again, just one?

Not Strong Enough to Say No
    and
    From Scratch are tied for this. Both are stories I think I put a lot of effort and thought into. Though, Not Strong Enough to Say No was easier to write by a long shot!

Jacen and Tenel Ka - anybody surprised? Though true Canon, as in the movies, I'd have to say Luke... he's tough sometimes but rewarding.

Droids. I just don't feel I ever get them right.

5a) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite?

Tasha, from my I Need You series

and Vola from my From Scratch series

5b) Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Carré - I think she's disappeared though.

er.... believe it or not A Stranger from the past series which is my Sabé/Obi series. Not because I don't like how it's written, but because it's very, very hard to keep it canon and keep inspired to work on it.

What an awful reason for wanting a story to disappear... ah well. C'est la vie!

12. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Anyone remember me? Some of you might know that I'm also Jedi_Jessie_Anne, which is the name all my stories are posted under. I haven't actually worked on any of my stories in months, but I saw this and just had to parttake of the fun.

In My Daughter's Eyes. I LOVED this story! For a story that I stayed up until 11:00 at night writing, I thought it turned out really good. I actually let my aunt read this, and she said it was really good (I NEVER let my family read my fanfics, so that's saying something).

See above.

Anakin Skywalker and Padmé.

Any OT characters (w/ exception of 3PO, R2, and Obi-Wan, since they were also PT)--I could write them, I just don't like to.

Jezeeka Raynid (A Trial of Friends and Fighting for Survival) was my first OC and is my favorite. I often use the name for one of my characters in the RPF.

I actually like all my OCs to a degree, even the evil ones, like Tormax Sair(Fighting for Survival), so I can't say that there are any that I wish would disappear.

Most of them already have. :p But seriously, I wish that Love Withstands Everything would disappear. I'm not happy with the direction I ended up taking it in, and I'm kind of glad I don't know where it is in the boards anymore.

13. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003

Geez, that's a toughie even though I don't have much under my belt. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say "The Choice"--despite the fact that I haven't posted it here! :eek: It was actually the first fanfic to make it from my hard drive to readers' eyes, but it went straight to the TF.N archive because...I didn't even know the boards existed back then. [face_blush]

I should post it here sometime, ya think? [face_whistling]

Love Thy Enemy is my big, fat, gratuitous attempt at writing at least one epic that will be grow to be my namesake. :p If I ever manage to get the damn thing finished... [face_frustrated]

Which canon character do you most like to write?

Luke. ;) [face_obvious] He's the utter opposite of my personality, but I find him so essentially simple (not simple-minded) that writing him is almost second nature. (I don't pay attention to contradicting EU characterizations...just watch the movies, that's all you need.)

Of the canon characters that I actually have to write (I just don't do anything prequel, period), I feel most uncomfortable writing Han because of my extreme lack of wit (but writing Han/Leia is scariest of all--it totally escapes me! [face_worried] Especially when my Sith Mistress is the Queen of H/L Banter... :_|)

Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?

Don't have any OCs to date, and probably won't have any for the foreseeable future--I have too much fun using Big George's toys. :p

And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?

I'm glad to say without bragging that none of my stories have managed to displease me to that degree--but they're so few I know I'm due for that obligatory screw-up somewhere along the way... [face_plain]

14. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003

Civilization purely because I thought it was a good idea.

The same as above.

Palpatine.

Palpatine. Yes I'm aware I put the same name above. :p

Favorites? A tie between Zair(Victory Quest) and General Calador(Civilization).

No least favorites yet.

I'm not sure. None yet.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite? Ack, that's such a tough choice. Hmm.... I'd have to go with When Visions Bring Tears, just because I was finally able to write a dark fic, lol.

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be? Um... I have to chose out of my current stories? :p LOL... Blast, I can't say the fic I'm currently planning, but.. yeah.

3) Which canon character do you most like to write? Obi-Wan.

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write? Luke. I don't know why, but I hate writing Luke.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten? Favorite: Ellia from my Lasting Impression series.

Least - Oh god, a Twi'lek named Hump'rdnk. [face_laugh]

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? The first one I wrote. The original has faded into oblivion, but a repost of it (why I reposted is still beyond me) is still in circulation. Don't you love reading stories that are 5 years old? ;)

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Miana You named a character Hump'rdnk???? [face_laugh] Good one!

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    ;) :p [face_blush] Good times, good times...

18. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I decided to give this thread a timely up since the awards have started. Best of Luck to everyone and congrats to those who've been nommed already!

19. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite? Jedi Uprising but i'm going to make a couple of changes to it so it fits better in the series. It's my favorite because it was a challenge for me to write.

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be? Oh that's a hard one. I'll just say that its the series that begins with Jedi Uprising.

3) Which canon character do you most like to write? Ack that's a hard question. Luke and a bunch of others.

4) Which canon character do you most hate to write? None that I can think of right now.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten? Kenshin, i think is going to be my favorite only i haven't posted the story yet with him in it.

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL. The Beginning of a Saga also called Destiny Beckoning. It's the first fiction I began when i started writing a starwar fic. It's so.....cheesy.....that i'm starting from scratch with it and see if i can repair it to be suitable for reading. If that doesn't work out then...bye, bye.

20. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh this was a fun read...loved reading everyone's responses. Some of them were absolutely hilarious.

21. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    1) Of all the stories you've ever posted on these boards, which one is your favorite?: Easy, Ben's Despair, though The Elder Son may take the title when it is done.

2) If you could pick one story to be remembered for, which one would it be?: Ben's Despair

It is funnest to write for the various hated characters (Waru, Callista, Jar Jar, Chirpa) in my fic Legion of Galactic E.V.I.L. because there are no limits to what I can do, like in one update Jar Jar fights in bullet time and can't get out so Jar Jar is stuck in slo-mo, but my favorite character to actually write seriously is Callista, I hated that character but writing about her in The Elder Son has given me an empathy for her.

Waru, no doubt.

5) Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite? Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten? Um, probally Owen from The Elder Son is my favorite, least favorite... Ghost Nadd from Ben's Despair, he doesn't get actually dialague so he is hard to write, don't want him forgotten, just didn't like writing him.

6) And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion? I don't expect a lot of answers to this one?LOL.: My story Old Friends, I hated that story...

22. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Either Holograph or I Will. Psst, sig.

Holograph

Syal Antilles. Or Wedge.

All the Jedi.

Only one. I like her.

There're a couple that I will never post...

PS - I got a nom - my onle one - at another board for a fic that I thought was my worst one there.

23. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Cool, I hadn't read this one before. I haven't posted much yet, but I'll try anyway.

'And The Universe Is Cheering' - Not sure why this one since it never got much attention, but it's very dear to me.

'Scars and Beginnings' - because it has taken me and is still taking me so long to write. It's also the one I curse most. :p

Which canon character do you most like to write?
    Xanatos and I kind of like Mace

Luke - I've tried writing a story with him once, but he simply won't cooperate.

Of all the OCs you've created, which one is your favorite?
    Sierro - no explanation; I just like him

Which one do you wish would disappear into the bowels of the forgotten?
    I'll think about it, but I can't come up with anyone at the moment.

And, lastly, which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?
    Fade into oblivion? None really, but if I have to choose, it would be Neuzeit. No plot to speak of in that one.

24. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005

Either Grains of Teaching or End of the Tunnel

Either one of the above really.

Jaina, she's my favorite character and has a lot of depth

Kyp, Zekk, Tenel Ka. I just don't get any of them.

....Have I ever used an OC?

My songfic Cowboy Take Me Away

25. agentj

agentj Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 3, 2004
    Alethia is the queen of resurrecting old threads.... :)

1) ...which one is your favorite?
    Whisper to the Wild Water because it sounds absolutely fantastic when read outloud in Ewan's Obi-Wan Kenobi voice (I would kill to have a recording of him reading it, not that it would ever actually happen). I also feel proud about the fact that it's a songfic...but doesn't follow the standard songfic rules of quoting the song followed by bits of the story. Instead, the lyrics are within the story.

2) ...be remembered for...?
    Keep Falling Down because the ending will blow you all away...or it will be the end of me! (Or you'll kill me because I took so long to write the blasted thing!)

3) ...canon character do you most like to write?
    Anakin. People tell me it shows. :)

4) ...canon character do you most hate to write?
    Padme. :eek:

5) Of all the OCs you've created....
    Haven't yet.

6) ...which story do you wish would fade into oblivion?
    Since the one(s) I would list have, I won't comment.... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.