main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autobiographical origins of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by The battle of MAW station, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The battle of MAW station

The battle of MAW station Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2013
    I just came across a thread on these message boards about some auto biograhical information as it deals with the origins of Star Wars about Darth Vader. I thought the only thing like this was for Chewie being named after George Lucas' dog named Indiana. That was also for Indiana Jones. This was confirled by Sean Connery at the end of the last crusade.

Now the person was named Gary Vader who went to George Lucas' high school while George Lucas was there at the same time.There are two things: First, the name Vader is not a common last name, but I am convinced he is the inspiration for a very iconic villain in cinamatic history. Secondly, it adds up because Gary Vader was a football player, and Darth Vader's shoulder armour does llook like shoulder pads for football players. They also had the high school yearbook annual that coroborates this.

The question is, is there more autobiographical information as it pertains not only to George Lucas, but others who worked close to him when the films were being made?

As to the origins of Star Wars all the talk is about mythology, history, other films, and pure imagination. There really hasn't been alot said about other people that George Lucas or others knew growing up with or who they knew later.

The only theory I have is about Han Solo. Now if Luke was George Lucas' self portrait, that could mean that Han Solo was a mentor in fiction and reality. Perhaps George Lucas had a real mentor when he was growing up around car raceing. Mabey that's who he hung out with before he got his drivers license or something along those lines. Or someone who taught him alot about cars.

The autobiographical angle of the origins of Star Wars just isn't talked about very much on TV or disk documentaires and featurettes.

I was just wondering if rhat information is available in a book or some other media?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.