main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autograph Hunters - Share your Prizes & Tips

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 1, 2013.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I actually do my collages in Photoshop....here are a few of bases that I've put together:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do like your idea of bringing something really cool and crafty in for them to sign though - would make your item 100% unique!

I'm happy to say that *knock on wood* I've never been so rushed through that I couldn't get a personalization. If that happened for an A list star that would piss me off.

J_Girl likes this.
  2. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Really good Idea with the collage, and unique, I can see them loving this. How do you get them printed? I was thinking of doing custom drawings of their characters and getting several copies printed on 8x10's at walmart or something.

Celebs do love to autograph things they rarely see. I met Marina Sirtis at comic-con in 2010 and she was mostly signing generic photos from her time on Star Trek TNG, and she looked tired. I brought my Stargate SG-1 poster for her to sign and she suddenly became happy and talked about her role on Stargate instead. Only lasted a few minutes, but she was genuinely happy to see something new to sign.

J_Girl likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would imagine that those collages are printed like how I print stuff for my portfolio; I take a jumpdrive of files to Staples or Office Max and have them print the images out on good paper.

I wanted to get some artwork I did signed by Carrie Fisher and Amy Allen while at CVI, but I was busy and/or lacked the cash and/or time to stand in line.

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  4. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    TrakNar Maybe in the future. She would most likely love your artwork. You have true talent. :)

Lord_Dubi and TrakNar like this.
  5. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree :D

6. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm heading up to the Anaheim WonderCon this Saturday; So far, 2 Star Wars actors are scheduled to appear, Eric Walker who played Mace Towani in the Ewok movies and
    Raphael Sbarge who plays Dr. Hopper and Jiminy Cricket on Once Upon A Time and also voiced a number of SW characters in several games. Jason Palmer is also a special guest, recently contributed artwork for the Essential Guide to Warfare. :)

7. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Well - unless I come into a large sum of money, or steal mine and the girlfriend's joint savings I won't be heading out to Celebration Europe...

Therefore, I need tips on how to successfully stalk Ian McDiarmid :p haha! Failing that, I could become like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and develop a collection of framed restraining orders from my favourite people!

TrakNar and Lord_Dubi like this.
  8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    My rarest autograph

[​IMG]

9. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice One ^:)^

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Very, very awesome Mike!

11. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    That is one hell of a beautiful thing you got there Mike!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha - I'm so excited! I was going through my stuff today and opened up my Ralph McQuarrie concept art portfolio from A New Hope and was flipping through the pics and nearly jumped out of my skin! Right in the middle of my pages was my Darth Vader ESB 8x10 photo that I had signed by David Prowse EONS ago at a Sci-fi con in Boston around the time of the Special Edition releases on the big screen! I thought I'd lost that thing when we moved from Mass to AZ! Woot! Woot!

At Phoenix Comicon I got a few new celeb signatures: Amanda Tapping, Dean Cain, Laurie Holden, and Garrett Wang.

13. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I finally received this last Friday. What a beauty.

[​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Hando like this.
  14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I do collect autographs, mainly from horror conventions and some TTM baseball players. My Star Wars collection is entirely from Celebration III in '05. I got the main guys Bulloch, Mayhew, David Prowse on an 'Empire Strikes Back' poster. I haven't got it framed yet because I still kind of want Carrie Fisher on it and I know she does do a lot more conventions than she used to.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Official Pix has a bunch of new autographs that they've put up. They've got pre-orders in place for Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. I've got a big vacation coming up Xmas week, otherwise I might consider getting those.

I did pick up some non-SW autographs from them though: Jewel Staite (Firefly,) Gina Torres (Firefly,) John Barrowman (Arrow,) Richard Dean Anderson (SG1,) and Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville.)

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I picked up a few on sale siggies from Official Pix again - got 2 from Robert Patrick for $9.99 each! Woot! And Lance Hendrickson. I also got Mike Edmonds who was Logray the ewok's signature. His signature was on sale and was on a gorgeous high quality limited edition print from Europe's last Celebration. Other than a Willow piece that I had Warwick Davis sign eons ago, he's the first ewok actor that I have a signature from.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm fairly new to the autograph hunting game. Thus far I've stuck to only getting autographs that I was able to get in person......just more fun that way for me. Thus far I have the following, all from Chicago comic conventions:

From Star Wars:
    - Carrie Fisher signed photo (she is the only one I wasn't allowed to get my picture take with which was a bit sad)
    - Anthony Daniels signed photo
    - Ashley Eckstein (met twice) signed photo and signed Ahsoka action figure

Doctor Who/Torchwood:
    - Eve Myles signed photo
    - Peter Davison signed photo
    - Large photo signed by both Matt Smith and Karen Gillan

I also have a ton of comics and prints signed by comic book writers and artists including two books signed by Stan Lee.

18. starsebkoon

starsebkoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2014
    This my first Harrison Ford's autograph. I get it in personn when Harrison was invited in 2010 at the Cesar Ceremony in Paris (the equivalent of the Oscars in France). He was very nice and sign for everybody, one of my best memory as a fan !

[​IMG]

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Met a few authors and artists at NYCC this weekend. Got autographs from Chuck Wendig (Aftermath author), Alexander Freed (Battlefront: Twilight Company author), Phil Noto (comic artist, mostly for Marvel), and Chris Trevas (artist, mostly in reference books and a few Insider articles).

There was one booth with ridiculously-priced autographed photos of various SW cast members, ranging from $100 to $2100. [face_hypnotized]

PadmeLeiaJaina and cubman987 like this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah signature prices really depend on the actor. Like Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor won't sign SW stuff, so anything they signed during the days when they were in the prequels that they did sign are hugely expensive. Also now deceased actors like Sir Alec Guiness would go for a ton. Harrison Ford is the highest priced original trio, if you want to buy legit signatures of him they're over $450. Always expect multi-signature pieces to be hugely expensive.

21. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Does anyone know of websites where you can pre-order personalized autographs? I know Official Pix, but I'm wondering if there's anywhere else?

I figured most of these actors would have their own website where they can sell their own merch, but to my surprise, a lot of them don't.

Billy Dee has a website where he sells his art. I recently ordered a David Prowse autograph but I have yet to receive it. I'm also looking into getting one from Jeremy Bulloch.

The one I really want is Mark Hamill. He doesn't have an official website and he's not currently doing any conventions, that I can see. I guess I will keep checking back in this thread and using Google to see if he gets added to any conventions and to see if I can pre-order an autograph from him.

I don't ever attend conventions, there aren't many that come down to the Southeast US other than the one in Charlotte and Dragoncon in ATL. So I doubt I'll ever be close to any place that Hamill is signing at. If anyone knows where I can find Star Wars actors, especially Hamill, please let me know. He's the #1 autograph I'm after. Any and everyone else is a bonus. But I won't stop until I get a Mark Hamill autographed 8x10 to put on display in my recording studio. Thanks!

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Official Pix no longer does Star Wars, according to information I saw on Rebelscum.

23. Attichitcuk

Attichitcuk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 1, 2001
    I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know of any mail-in services now that Official Pix has shot themselves if the f-- I mean, stopped doing Star Wars?

24. Attichitcuk

Attichitcuk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 1, 2001
    At CSA, the assistants passed my poster to her and she asks me, "Do you want [censored] or 'Best Wishes'?" I said "Go for it," laughing along with everyone else, and expecting her to ask me if I was sure or that I'd say "I'm kidding, just put 'best wishes.'" But she took me literally at my word. My poster now reads "Carrie Fisher - Go for it!" Not quite the story "Carrie Fisher - [censored]" would be, but still a story attached to one of my prized possessions.

J_Girl and Juke Skywalker like this.
  25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

Official Pix is still doing send-in services. They just no longer have the license to the photographs. Keep an eye on their website and social media accounts for announcements. They just recently completed a private signing with Harrison Ford (they will have additional items up for sale in the coming weeks, including 8x10s and posters from the OT) and there may be more Star Wars names coming soon.

Celebrity Authentics and Coolwaters Productions are two other companies that I know of that offer similar services.