main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know, frankly I am surprised that the guest list is so... well, yeah. I do hope this isn't the "final" list - note that I don't even care so much about autographs so much as being a participant (Ie Like Jay who was such a hoot at C3, truly 'one of Us', a fan as well as an actor.)

Funny, C-3 seemed to have 'more', or maybe it's just that they are holding a few of the big surprises still - I can only hope.

Come on Lucasfilm, it's the 30th Anniversary... for the money we're dumping in to the event already, I'd like to know that there's more going on than what we've seen before.

I want to hear about a HUGE costume - prop exhibit (Granted a lot of things are 'on tour', there's got to be some things hidden away in the archives?)

The 'big guests - come on folks! For many or you, Star Wars was the jumping off point, throw your supporters a bone and do a panel, wander around a bit and bask in 'teh love' -

Call it a PR investment... the people with thin pocket books at C-4 directly are going to be the ones who support your future projects...

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am pretty pleased with how the list is forming up so far and would like to see warrick davies add to the list cause I for one would be getting all the ewok autographs.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    "Yub, Yub". :)

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I hope the sand in a New Hope will be there. I don't have the sands autograph yet.

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm still laughing.... the Sand!!! HAHAHAA... I guess the Hoth snow can't make it due to scheduling conflicts and family obligations. LOL!

6. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    No, the Hoth snow wanted to come. On the snows website it gives this big paragraph explanation about how the weather in LA is too hot and it's bad for the snows health. I think it's a bunch of crap. If you're the Hoth snow, you need to be there. This is for the Star Wars fans. We made your career. Put some ice cubes in your pants and get there Hoth snow. Get there.

7. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Skywalker1982 - not to dampen your hopes, but I doubt Warwick Davis will be there. He was signed to a large role in the next Narnia film, which begins shooting soon (if it hasn't started already) in New Zealand.

But I understand. I was at C2 in Indy, and he was by far my favorite signer. I was on line for his auto after all the celebs were coming back from lunch, but Davus was late. So we stood there for a while waiting. Suddenly there was a voice behind me, and there he was saying sorry for the delay. He walked down the entire line and apologized for being late, then went to his table and signed, taking extra time with every person for pictures and chatting. All in all, he was awesome!

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes he is a brilliant guy especially when he takes his daughter along with him to events I found it amazing how well spoken,polite and grown up she is for her age.
    Warrick does not live all that far away from me anyway :p

9. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    This ISN'T the final list, is it?

The only person I'm glad to see is General Madine. (Then again - Felix Silla was Twiki in Buck Rogers, right?)

True story - yesterday I got some Wattographs stuff in and I thought of him for some reason. Even said to myself, "Man, it'd be cool if Dermot Crowley was at Celebration or at OfficialPix soon."

So yeah. You can thank me. [face_dancing]

Oh yeah, the special photos.

Yeah, I skipped those last time. Can you tell? :p

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    It is by no means the final list. There's still loads more to come.

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, I thought this was a Star Wars convention not a BUILD-A-BEAR workshop. I mean this is ridiculous, come on Lucasfilm, get it together!!!

I would like to add the asteroids from Empire Strikes Back in that list of autographs, next to the wonderful sand and snow. My husband was really holding out for the space slug, but we still have time!!! I am glad we all have a great sense of humor!!!

Also, my husband said he was hoping that Clone Trooper 1.138 is there, he knows he is cgi and is a long shot, but cant give up hope!!!

My stomache is splitting now...have fun!!!

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well here is what Ben Stevens said

"So this could change, but we have 47 announced, 9 more pending contract return, and 3 more GOH pending that likely won't confirm or decline till late April/early May...
    -Ben"

So, 9 more pending. I'm assuming those are regular 1 coupon people.

3 more GOH. Remember he said they won't confirm or decline until late April/early May.

SSSSOOOOOOOO, I would probably expect about one more guest of honor.

13. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    And you know, speaking even just for meself here - and certainly also as one of the many, *many* attendees for whom this will actually be their *first* Celebration ever, though doubtless not the last by any means ;) - I can certainly vouch for the fact that the announced guest list so far, the autographs that will obviously be there to be had - hey, it sounds *totally* fine to me, and in fact I happen to be jazzed, enthused and eager as all heck about it....and the more announcements I hear, the happier and more frenetically excited I am, too! :) And, oh, I must say also that my autograph want list seems to keep getting bigger and bigger all the time....Ray, Bruce, Rena, Matt, the CW voice actors too for instance, that's *awesome*, far as I'm concerned....definitely right up my proverbial alley, that's what, and forsure and certain it truly *does* greatly appeal to my PT-lovin' heart besides. (because SW Celebration's for *all* of us anyway, not just those who've been fans since the beginning some thirty years ago, but also those of us who are perhaps a bit more relatively new to the Saga - indeed, yes, those of us with a more PT bent after all, 'tis true ;) - but who are obviously just as vociferously and devotedly, loyally, SW Saga-lovin' passionate too, natch....all one big proverbial happy family, that's what we are, mmmmmm, yep - you betcha! :) )

Those who've already been to past Celebrations, maybe you've seen at least some of these guests before, or been part of similar con panels, and that's fine - you can either see 'em again or not, whatever mood takes you....it's all good. :D The thing of it, though, is that - there's also that whole lot of us, new to the SW Celebration scene (at least in *person*, anyway) who actually have *never* before met these folks, thus it's rather completely and wonderfully new to *us*, at least - and isn't Celebration meant for all of us anyway, not just those who've been to one before but also we who actually haven't been, yet? Besides, *everyone* goin' to it was new to it at least *once* ;) ....we've never before had the chance to meet-and-greet the actors and fine, fabulous talent involved in the Saga like Bruce and Ray, Amy and Rena and all the rest of 'em, so it only comes as a rare, unique and wonderful opportunity for us....to get to take part in what maybe those who've already taken part in a Celebration or three are well used to, but those of us who are new and wide-eyed excited and eager to it all, well....we're just *not* so accustomed to it, then, that's all. Not *yet*, anyway.... ;)

And, hey, the way I personally look at it, I suspect, also is - yes, this year is the 30th anniversary of the release of ANH, thus the 30th anniversary of the theatrical start of this Saga we know and love so very, very well :) - but as much as it can be about that aspect of it, for sure and certain, it's also about everything else Saga-related, and thus I do sincerely like and deeply appreciate it that this Celebration, my first (who else is with me, eh? *chuckles*) will be touching some on those other aspects as well....Anakin, Padme, the PT, Luke, Leia, the Empire, and of course the Saga as a whole magnificently-woven tapestry of storytelling....all of it, really, because it is quite simply what it *is*....because of all that goes into the shaping of it as such a beautiful masterwork whole. If you follow me. :) *impish look* Honestly, though, all's I know for myself is that....I'm so far truly, deeply and sincerely loving all the guests thus far confirmed for Celebration (and would love even seeing some more of the behind-the-scenes talent, too, for what it's worth....like Rob Coleman and his team, for instance, it must be said.... *squees excitedly*) - it's all new and wonderful to *me*, at any rate, and I know I'll be so grateful and deeply appreciative for the opportunity to meet these people, get their autographs and basically just check it all out, since they're part of something I do so love and enjoy to begin with. :) And surely there's just everything right in the worl

14. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002

15. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the update, Pwinkle.

Make it happen, Ben. Make it happen. :)

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    you know for someone who has pretty much complained so much (which you're entitled to do), you should really try to get your money back and see if you can cancel your tickets. yes you do sound negative about announcements...all the time.:_|

don't get me wrong, i'm sure there's things that we'd all like to see and do and if we were gonna put this on, but to constantly keep blabering on and on about how this is gonna suck or you simple can't believe what "they're doing" is really quite boring already.I-)

there's many of us who this is our first trip and are looking forward to the opportunity to meet and greet the celebs to complete our collections. we're spending our money and time and are expecting the unexpected and are loving every minute of it. we're all very impressed with the bigger and better named people you've got already...but really, nobody cares!?8-}

i've been reading all the postings and yeah there's some poeple giving their opinions as they and you are entitled to, but give it a break man. you seem the only one who wants to find the fault in EVERYTHING.

if it's so bad and not up to your standards and it's gonna bring you grief, good God man, save yourself the headache and the money. I think going to Mexico would be a much better idea indeed for you and your wife as frankly i'm getting wary of hearing it and i'm not even in your group.

I could go on but I won't. that's my two cents, take it for what it's worth.[face_devil]

17. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Congratulations. You must be very proud for putting that together all by yourself. It's funny that you say I am the only one who is negative. I have read many other posts from people who are unhappy with a lot of the announcements.

See, unlike yourself, my universe doesn't revolve around Star Wars. I actually have, um, what do people call that... Oh, A LIFE. I have spent a lot of money planning this LA trip and I personally am disappointed in what CIV is offering. That's my opinion. If you don't like it, deal with it.

If this is your first Celebration, I hope you have a great time. I went to CIII and it was a lot of fun. I met a lot of cool people and have a lot of great memories.

I honestly don't think you wanted to write what you did. I have posted here since 2004 and this is the first time you have EVER responded to something I said. So, tell whoever told you to post this they lack courage, character and integrity. Hiding behind you made you both look silly.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Enough. Your negativity is well known, pwinkelspi. You have no problem with mocking other people's opinions, but when they take exception to yours, you find offense. I'm asking the both of you to stop now. It does no good.

19. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    So, is this your first Celebration too? :D Whee, we can all be first-timers together! *chirpy happy look, bounces around all eager-like* And, actually, hearing the latest round of guest announcements, that does only remind me all the more that - now is as good a time as any to be picking up a whole slew of autograph tickets, methinks....especially since my list of must-haves and wanted autographs seems to be growing larger and greater with every announcement they keep making....not that I've a problem with that, mind you. Far from it, in fact.... ;) *making mad lunge for credit card*

And, actually, I must say that I'd also quite like it if maybe, just maybe, it could perhaps be possible for Mat Lucas, another of the voice talents behind the CW miniseries, to show up for it....we already have the animated Padme voice talent there, is my way of thinking about it, so I suppose 'twould only make sense to have both. Hey, I can keep up my fond and happy hopes, at any rate, though irrespective even of that I've this sneaking suspicion that I'll be walking away from CIV with more awesome autographs and experiences than I might *ever* have dreamed of before....call it a hunch, if you will....though me, well, I do call it the Force. ;) :D *chuckling*

Dawn.

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    as someone new to this thread I just figured I say what others had be to thinking. he just stood out as a constant complainer that does no good to the group moral. the fact that apparently he's the only one who has a life as he put it, is quite disrespectful and shows a lack of class indeed. I call it as I see it.

it is not my intention to "start something". I just find the insults to everyone here by this person very rude, that's all. to assume we don't have a life because we're fans as he's so experienced is insulting as the least.

believe it or not, i'm actually the funny guy within our group IEFF, i'm sort of the "class clown". just ask anyone in our group. so to be clear, I don't want to keep something going here. this is to be fun for all. everyone is entitled to their own opinon as I said, but to insult and not take what you dish is quite sad indeed.

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

why thank you Dawn. that was very nice of you. yes this will be my first time. I agree with the credit card statement for sure. we'll have to meet sometime for sure.[face_dancing] :D

22. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Maybe they can have an Ewok rumble?

23. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    This isn't my first Celebration. I attended C2 and C3. I was only giggling over your refreshing enthusiasm. I was applauding your attitude in my own little way.

I plan to completely enjoy my third Celebration trip. I'm not an autograph collector but enjoyed volunteering for Official Pix at C3. I also enjoyed volunteering for GenCon and plan to do both again for this Celebration. Although everything announced so far is not my cup of tea I believe there will be plenty to fill my five days of fun. I'm sure there is much left to be announced. I look forward to meeting and chatting with Star Wars fans of all ages and persuasions.

To coin an old phrase - You go girl! :)

edit to add a word left out in haste

24. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I only went to C III because it was for ROTS, the last live action SW movie to be filmed. The last of a great saga of films. I never saw any of the SW actors in person, so it was a thrill to see all of them in one huge room. I got nearly everyone that weekend, save for a few people. I went to the Lucas panel, a number of other panels, and had a blast. It was crowded, but fun. The few days went fast.

25. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok guys we need to call it quits here!!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you dont like what someone has to say just ignore it.

Personally, this is my second Celebration and the first one was very fun for me. However, I can sympathize with those of us who have already attended. Yes, we can say, been there done that and my gosh that show again, and as I mentioned above we are entitled to that. I mean, for us, who have attended before, we dont want to spend our money on things we have already seen, nor see people (actors) we have seen over and over again. I mean if you went to see a movie more than once, like say 10 times, would you be willing to pay to see that movie again at a even more expensive price. Please discount Star Wars from that, because that would be a bias. I dont think so, so us who have gone before just want a little something different, something to make it our moneys worth for traveling such a long distance. Thats all, and there is no harm in that!!!

However, I am not a piss and moaner, so lets have some fun with all this. I mean lets not be hasty or nasty with eachother, we are all here for one purpose...STAR WARS...So, lets unite as fans, not be separatists...lol.

So, lets give VAL a break from all this bickering and call it a truce!!!

Love ya guys!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.