main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree with Billy Dee and Mark Hamill, but Lloyd was at C3 as a guest speaker, so I cant see him being a GOH at a 30th anniversary Celebration. I guess we will just have to wait to see what is in store, it would be nice though to get the names so that we can prepare, money wise.

Anyway, just my opinion!!!

2. bmh

bmh Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2007
    What about an Orig Trilig Fav like Dennis Lawson???

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Personally, I'd actually quite like it if Rick McCallum turns out to be there, and thus if 'tis a thing possible to have him sign something at the very least - and quite possibly even to sit down with him for at least a bit, bend his ear as the ol' saying goes, that whole thing....now, how likely that might be considering that the live-action TV show's still in intense pre-production and they're of course hard at work on the animated CW show (*fangirlish squee*) - and, also, given other projects that they doubtless have comin' down the pipeline, well....'tis hard to say, I suppose, yet it's still one of those things that I figure I can fondly hope for and think, aaahhhh, what if, right? :) - and maybe, you know, just *maybe*....at the very least.... :) He might not be one that most folks may think of zeroing in on, but I *really* like him, greatly admire and respect him and of course what he helped pull off so magnificently, so believe you me - the chance to meet-and-greet *him*, get his signature....

We-ell, now, truth be told, I suppose that *would* actually greatly appeal to me, just as much as any of the others....and, hey, a fangirl can live in hope and keen, fervent anticipation, and she can dream, right? :D *sighs deeply, contentedly, and crosses her fingers and toes in excitement and keen anticipation nonetheless*

Dawn.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm just hoping that the final complete guest list is announced relatively soon, and the exclusive CIV logo OPX pics are revealed soon as well. That way I can browse thru them and decide if I want to purchase the CIV exclusive logo pics or go with the regular pics of each actor/actress that OPX sells on their website.

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    And two coupons for Amy Allen? She didn't have any lines in ROTS, not even a close up in ATOC, and she didn't even draw her lightsaber before getting shot in the back by the Clone Troopers. It's basic economics. Her autograph is more elastic than someone like Kenny Baker. She would actually make more money by charging a smaller fee.

You should have seen her line at C3. Originally she was in the 'smaller' stars area but as I recall they had to move her over to the area with Mayhew, Prowse, Park, etc., because her line ended up being so long. She does alright at these events. ;)

What about an Orig Trilig Fav like Dennis Lawson???
    That would be sweet! Unfortunately, to my knowledge, Lawson has never signed anything, anywhere.

We're still hoping Hamill backtracks from his website statement and shows up. I could see Jackson doing something like C4 because he's as much a fan as we are...but when you think about it, how many stars could qualify as a GOH (at least out of the ones we would expect to show up at an event like this)? Billy Dee would fit the bill I guess. It isn't a very long list when you think about it. C'mon, James Earl Jones! :D

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Heh... okkaaay! And you still had to type 3 paragraphs defending your opinion. I don't think it's any surprise that people are dissapointed at the guest list. Still, if you have a problem with another poster, you should probably go through the moderator. Heaven knows that's what I've been told when I've had a problem dealing with someone on here. That being said, I doubt I'd spend much time in the autograph hall this time. Seems like the few big names they already have, have done it a million times in one way or another so those sigs aren't hard to come by. I'm not into the no name people much so for me it would be a big waste of time. It's a shame, I really though Harrison Ford would make an effort since he's all chummy with Lucas again for Indy IV. As much as I hate to say it, seems like the Star Trek fans really have something we don't when it comes to conventions and autograph sessions.

7. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *pokes head in again, looks around with a chirpy curious expression* Okay, I know that I'm admittedly quite new to the whole Celebration scene, at least insofar as actually attending it in person is concerned - I've never been fortunate enough to be part of anything like this, certainly nothing on this vast and overwhelming (though in only *the* best possible way, mind you!) sort of scale; there are, to be sure, conventions of one stripe or another, which I've even been part of, but then there's a SW Celebration, and I'm already getting the distinct impression that's just in a class, a world and even an entire galaxy *allllllll* its own, clearly, and *nothing* else could ever even remotely hope to dream of one day comparing to the scope and extent of something like this....if you catch my meaning. :)

Still, though, I'm aware as a result that I've not yet had the chance to meet and greet and get the autographs of these folks that doubtless at least some o' the rest of you already have....but that's all the more reason why I for one *am* mightily glad and grateful that they're putting in an appearance, because I *haven't* yet seen them, gotten their signature and been fortunate enough to meet 'em, and that of course I'd quite *love* to do in any case - just like everyone who might've already done it, and gotten these autographs, was at one point just as excited and eager and positively enthused about it as I now am. It might not technnically be new to you, after all, or to perhaps everyone who's already been to a Celebration or three, but it *is* rather new, interesting and amazing to everyone else who really *hasn't* yet been.... That's all's I'm saying. :D

Besides, now, honestly - Darth Maul, and Tion Medon who was such a striking, vividly-realized character in ROTS, for instance....and Beru, and the whole Fett family from youngest to oldest, and a whole slew of Jedi masters and knights, and even some fabulous voice talent to boot, and stormies and Ewoks and a fair slew of curious and fascinating, eye-catching alien creatures - these *are* big names in our SW universe, you betcha - heck, we keep talking about them for a *reason*, after all!....far as I'm concerned, then, and I'm sure I can't be the only one (I'm not, right? :) *hopefully looks around*) - these are some of the real attractors in any case....the very sorts of characters and creatures who for one reason or another do catch our collective interest, pique our intense curiosity....and so people very much *do* come to see them, get to meet and greet them, shake their hands and get their autographs to collect and treasure always, so that when one looks at them one can always feel all warm, happy and purry inside to think back on the whole experience....and to thus remember it fondly, too, always and forevermore. It is, I think, actually just as much about the making of precious and dee-lightful, enjoyable memories, then, as it is of course about meeting-and-greeting and getting to check out all these folks who are intrinsically and importantly part and parcel of the whole of the Saga, in one fashion, form or another, which we so love, admire and appreciate. :) Aaahhhhhhhh, heck, *I* already certainly do, at any rate....

Dawn. (who still earnestly and fervently thinks that everyone should be positive about it, be mightily looking forward to it, because it *is* very much a wholly positive thing anyway! :D )

9. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006

10. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I wasn't aware Matt Wood and Ray Park played minor parts, but whatever.

11. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    For the most part, we do get the "red shirts." However, I would say that Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee would qualify as top-tier in the Star Wars universe

Harrison Ford > William Shatner
    and
    William Shatner > Mark Hamill

And a more important point: Shatner has embraced Star Trek while many others at the top of the Star Wars food chain have not.

12. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    During STAR WARS CELEBRATION II I got ten different actor/actress autographs in the autograph hall all in person.

During STAR WARS CELEBRATION III I got autographs from every actor/actress sigining autographs in the autograph hall, including Warwick Davis and Jay Laga'Aia, the two host of STAR WARS CELEBRATION III, all in person except for Jay Laga'Aia. I had to get his already signed. I did see him in the autograph hall, but I couldn't get to him before he finished signing autographs at that time. Spending so much time in the autograph hall, my wife was disappointed because we missed a lot of shows, which disappointed me, too. But, you do one thing, you may miss another.

I told her that I wouldn't be trying to get autographs in person from every actor/actress signing autographs during STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV so we can attend more shows and do more things at STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV.

I'm definitely going to get an autograph in person from Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels. I will also definitely get some autographs in person from other actors/actresses. :) :cool:

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :D :cool:

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Sure, but what about Mark Hammill and Peter Mayhew? Both of them seem to be happy enough about having been part of Star Wars (unlike Harrison Ford :p ). I would be pretty disappointed if Hammill weren't there; he's one of the all-around coolest guys involved with the saga.

Amy Allen is a hawt lady. Most of the other actors aren't. Big difference there. :p

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

16. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I know this might seem a bit "dumb" but what about George Lucas being a GOH in the autograph hall? Has he ever signed at any cons?

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Considering people waited in line for over 12 hours just to hear him speak, I don't see that happening...

18. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    We-ell, now, you're quite right about that - *not* that theirs were "minor" or I guess red-shirty (?) type roles by *any* stretch of the imagination....honestly, we'll have *Grievous* there, and Maul, and a whole *slew* of brave and intriguing and imagination-provoking Jedi, and Wookies and Ewoks and stormies, and aliens galore and bounty hunters, and even a droid or three, oh my-! :) - and surely there's *eeeeeeverything* right in the world with that, then....I mean, honestly, even just lookin' at the list so far, it doesn't seem anything like piddling or "meh" to *me*....heck, it's only the direct polar opposite of *that* estimate, then, far as I'm concerned! :)

A so-called "red shirt" would be someone who's eminently forgettable and not really hearkened to or paid much heed in the role, all that much, it seems to me. But *we*, on the other hand, have weird and wonderful, fascinating creatures, heroes and villains, Jedi and Sith and greatly intriguing characters who so effectively capture and hold our imaginations whether they were on screen for a minute, five or ten, or even longer still - and *that* is a truly rare and wonderful thing in its own right, and it seems *definitely* unique to SW as well, in my experience. And so it does, then, I think seem like the very, *absolute* very farthest thing possible from anything red-shirt-ish or "forgettable", in my book....terms like that, after all, are simply *not* what I would ascribe....to *SW*, of all things, or for that matter certainly to anyone involved or showing up in it! :)

Dawn. (no, really, I wonder how I feel about it, right? ;) *chuckles impishly*)

19. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Jay came in for a very short time. Luckily I was the first person in his line cause they set him up right next to Ray Park and I was getting his signature at the time. It was like a gift from God and my jaw dropped when I saw him setting up right next to Ray. I had Jay sign my JCer ID tag and since I was so enthusiastic, he gave me a free signed photo from official pix...without paying for the second sig or the photo.

20. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Grumpy_Jedi wrote:

Everyone I know who have met Shatner and Nimoy say they're very personable. I've heard it goes either way with Fisher and well, everyone knows my feelings about Billy Dee Williams. Getting his signature was possibly the biggest waste of time at CIII. He was late, rude, and obviously didn't want to be there. I felt stupid getting his autograph and even now, it means very little. I've come to learn he wasn't feeling well but eh... who really knows? I saw him during his interview and he seemed okay then. Perhaps the autograph session was too early. I would love to actually see Carrie Fisher in person though.

Yeah, Creation definitely spoils the hardcore Star Trek fans.

I forgot to mention that they also managed to get Charles Xavier himself, Patrick Stewart, at their 40th anniversary celebration in Las Vegas last year. And he signed limited autographs and charged Shatner rates. Of course, his auto tix sold out fast.

And, I too can vouch for Shat and Nimoy. Both of them genuinely like people and it shows.

Regarding Carrie Fisher, I had the privilege of meeting her at the Star Wars booth at San Diego's Comic-Con last year. She was very cool! I have a pic of me and her on my fridge. It's great she's going to be at Celebration IV. And, no question she's an A-lister.

Sorry to hear about Billy Dee Williams. Maybe he was having a bad day? His auto is one I definitely want.

STAR WARS is da bomb cinematically and culturally. I therefore set high expectations for that weekend in May. As good as the current guest list is, they can do better.

How about John Williams? Or even the special effects people at ILM? Dennis Muren or John Dykstra? I could geek out on that.

21. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    That's really cool. Jay Laga'Aia is a great guy and did great hosting STAR WARS CELEBRATION III. Jay Laga'Aia is the only one I had to get an autograph from already signed, but I did see him in the autograph hall. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :cool:

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    John Williams would be nice. But see, I expect a lot for the dedication I've shown over the years. I'd want not only his signature, but a live concert!!! Now THAT would be worth making the trip for.

23. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    I never had a problem with Billy Dee Williams at STAR WARS CELEBRATION II and STAR WARS CELEBRATION III. I even got a picture of he and I together shaking hands and him smiling into the camera after I got his autograph (signed to me) at STAR WARS CELEBRATION II. :cool:

I really, really was thinking Mark Hamill and other main contributors to EPISODE IV/EPISODE V/EPISODE VI would make at least an appearance with this STAR WARS celebration being during the 30th anniversary of the first STAR WARS movie made and being in Los Angeles, California and the STAR WARS SAGA being complete.

I even wondered if the/a reason why he and others from the first three STAR WARS episodes made didn't appear at the first three STAR WARS celebrations was a way of saying something along the lines of they had their time with the originals and were letting those who contributed to EPISODE I/EPISODE II/EPISODE III have their time.

And now that the STAR WARS SAGA is complete, contributors from the completed STAR WARS SAGA would come to STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV, including the main contributors who hadn't attended past STAR WARS celebrations.

I was thinking with this being the 30th anniversary of the first STAR WARS movie made and being in Los Angeles, California and the STAR WARS SAGA being complete that contributors such as Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher (and she is!), Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels (and he is!) and James Earl Jones would possibly attend and possibly even Harrison Ford would make an appearance and as far as I know it's not too late for any of them to attend/make an appearance.

We'll see! :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

24. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I twould be nice if all the people who were involved in Star Wars would show up. Maybe not for autographs, but to be on a panel and talk about what it was like on the set and things like that.

All in All, I would absolutely LOVE another visit from the Father George. That was a real treat at C3, even though most fans had to wait in the freezing rain. It would also be nice if he signed a few auto's this time around, but I am sure he would be mobbed, so even if they passed out raffle tickets during a presentation and winners got to go up on stage, shake his hand and get his auto. Now that would be heaven sent.

As for Rick, I think he will show. He showed at C3, I have a very nice picture with him. He is such a nice guy and so down to Earth and I love how he works the crowd. A+++ There!!!

Can't wait, things are starting to speed up...Now all we need is a schedule and the Official Pix final list!!!

25. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I would say there is a better chance of William Shatner signing at C4 than Mark Hamill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.