main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wookiesrus, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    This is a "back in the day" question.

Does any body know if David Prowse always signed his name as an autograph? I know somebody that has pictures of Darth Vader at a school visit in So-Cal in April 1978. He father swears that is was David Prowse. This Vader signed a poster and wrote something about the evil side and the signature was Darth Vader. I haven't seen the poster and signature yet, so I don't know if it looks like David Prowse's writing or not.

So, did he ever just sign as Darth Vader and not his real name?

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Yes! David usually signs David Prowse is Darth Vader or Davisd Prowse Darth vader

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    That's cool and all, but who the hell is Davisd? And doesn't he know that Vader is a proper noun and should be capitolized? I think someone should speak to Mr. Prowse about this!!!!

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I know that's how he signs now and has for many years, but did he always sign that way? I'm talking about an event that happened in 1979.

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Aside from having an A-class list of actors appearing at C4, I really hope the price of their autos isn't insane. I could live with the common $30-$50 range depending on the actor/actress.

If the prices reach that $100+ mark, I would have to seriously re-consider my purchases, given the number of actors that I would want to sign. Would really put my wife and I in a tough predicament...

6. bmh

bmh Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2007
    Does anyone have any ideas about who is on this "A-class list"???

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    One of the bigtime autograph collectors that posts on Rebelscum said the list looked like this in December:

1. Mark Hamill
    2. Carrie Fisher
    3. George Lucas (speaking only, signing charity items before event for auction)
    4. Sam Jackson
    5. Anthony Daniels
    6. Kenny Baker
    7. Peter Mayhew
    8. James Earl Jones
    9. Billy Dee Williams

Someone also mentioned that Ben (from OP) basically said "not gonna happen" to Natalie Portman doing any kind of autograph signing. I'm sure he's asked politely several times, and gets the same answer every time.

Regarding the other list, that's just tentative of course. And missing a lot of folks, obviously.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Unfortunately, nothing has been officially announced as of yet. The wait continues...

And you took it out of context - I meant it as "I hope" in addition to my comments on the autograph prices, meaning "I hope" they have an A-class list of actors/actresses.

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    That was me. It was the year after he tried to arrange a special signing while Natalie was at Comic-Con in 2005. But I got the feeling that he won't stop trying. ;)

I think it would be cool to have a "reunion" of Luke, Wedge, and Biggs for a signing at C4!

10. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God! That's it. The month of May better get here - and quick! I am going to faint! [face_dancing]

11. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    I hope we get more of the marquee names if it's out in LA. CIII didn't have any primary characters, at least no one who had a face you saw in the movies. Mostly those supporting roles of aliens, droids, and pilots. Here is who I'd be willing to pay big bucks to get their autograph:

1) John Williams
    2) Harrison Ford
    3) Frank Oz
    4) Natalie Portman
    5) Ewan McGregor
    6) Liam Neeson
    7) James Earl Jones
    8) Iam McDiarmid
    9) Christopher Lee
    10) And most of all, George

12. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I wonder how long the queue would be for Samuel L Jackson, if he signs. I think it'd be worth the wait, though.

13. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I'd love to get Carrie, Mark, Samuel, and James Earl Jones. I wonder if Billy Dee Williams would sign a bottle of Colt 45...LOL

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    From past cons (not just SW cons), I have
    David Prowse,
    Kenny Baker
    Peter Mayhew
    Ray Park - he rules!
    Jeremy Bullock - a really nice guy.
    Anthony Daniels
    A couple of people whose names escape me at the moment but they played Rystall in ROTJ-SE and Nute Gunray.

writers
    Matt Stover
    Aaron Allston
    Mike Stackpole
    Barbara Hambly

artists
    Ryan Church
    Ian McGieg (sp?)
    Eric Tiemans
    Feng Zhu

musician
    John Williams

15. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    At CII, while I was in line for him, some people had brought Colt .45 cans, bottles, ads, and signs in. He was happier signing those then he was a Lando figure.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll be there signing some things. =)

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - then I'll be sure to have the black & silver Sharpie markers ready to go!

18. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Oh, well in that case I don't know. See I was 4 in 1979. I had only been using the toilet on my own for about a year. I wasn't really looking at how the guy who played Darth Vader signed his name. [face_dancing]

19. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, so, probably one of these people are showing up. MAYBE James Earl Jones & Geore Lucas

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Does anybody remember if the actors who were signing in the Autograph Hall at C3 were listed in the white pamplet itinerary that was available for pickup on Wednesday before C3? I do not seem to recall if they were or not...

21. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    CIII didn't have any primary characters, at least no one who had a face you saw in the movies]/i]

True, but Ray Park, you got to see his face. and Tem Morrison is popular because he's Jango and the faces of a lot of the main Clones.

22. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I pulled my Program Guide and there wasn't a list. Are you looking for a list of signers or just curious about the free Program Guide?

23. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The only thing I saw was a list online at Official Pix before CIII started. They also had a list of actors and their availible pics on a nice form in the Autograph Hall. CII however, I thought also had the list in the program.

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Yes, the white C3 program did not have a list of autograph signers, but there was a separate full color "Official Pix C3" list available. It acted as a "coupon ordering" form and included instructions and information on "autograph/coupons", "coupon sales line", "guest lines" and "photos of/with actors". I have a copy on hand if you have any questions about it. I recall that there was also white boards posted with last minute changes to the program.

I love that we are now "talking details" about C4! It is getting closer! [face_dancing]

Lufta Shif

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    In the official C III program, there was a nice two page spread about all the auto signers and it told you which parts they played in the SW movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.