main
side
curve

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Starting up a new thread.... please note that off-topic posts will be edited.

2. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I would like to get an autograph in person from everyone attending STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV that will be signing autographs, but I did that at STAR WARS CELEBRATION III (I got everyone signing autographs all in person except for Jay Laga'aia. I had to get his already signed, but I did see him in the autograph hall.) and me and my wife (She's my camera and video person during autograph sessions.[face_love]) missed a lot of shows due to spending so much time in the autograph hall and that really disappointed my wife and it disappointed me, too, but the autograph hall was great and I did well there and that was great.

I told my wife I wouldn't do that this time so we could attend more shows and relax without the pressure of trying to get an autograph in person from everyone signing autographs.

I would like to at least get autographs in person of those I have yet to get autographs from in person. That may happen. :D

I'm definitely getting an autograph in person from Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels. I'll definitely get other autographs in person, too. :D

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :cool:

3. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Among the guests who are confirmed, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker would fill respective holes in my autograph collection.

4. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'll do what (perhaps) others have done before me, and announce that I've finally accepted the realization that I have a &*$%load of autographs already (thanks to OfficialPix and Celebrations 2 & 3).

Thusly I shouldn't complain about various obscure and low-tier Star Wars guests, or the "same old same old" crowd of signers, since tons of other folks on these boards may never have even been to a Star Wars convention before.

:)

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Since we're starting a new thread, I'd just like to say that this is my first Star Wars convention and the list for the autographs is great, just missing that one piece IMO to make it all the while. I'm hoping to get as many as I can. Guests of honor are a must as well as several of the minors/OT characters. Should be pretty exciting! :D

6. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Sean,

In response from my earlier post regarding Hamill signing:

In the many interviews I've seen with Hamill, he always seems reluctant to talk about Star Wars. And whenever he does, he usually makes some sort of joke about it. While I've never had the chance to meet him in person, I just get the feeling from what clips I have seen of him that he would rather not be bothered about Star Wars.

Shatner, on the other hand, has really embraced Star Trek over the last few years.

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Shatner, on the other hand, has really embraced Star Trek over the last few years.

Yeh but ask him to talk about working with Heather Locklear on the set of T.J. Hooker and he changes the subject.

Back on topic now:

Thanks to the money I dumped at CII and CIII, I noticed that I have a few autographs of some of the so called "minor characters" who are no longer with us. John Hollis, Phil Brown, William Hootkins, Michael Sheard. I met, shook hands with, and talked to these guys. They had the opportunity to actually be a part of this universe that Lucas created. That in itself is no minor thing!

8. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    here's a couple of questions for you veteran pros out there:

being this is my first star wars convention, how long do you think it would take to get nine separate autographs? what's the average wait time to meet them? should I do them all in one day or spread it out?

please spread your wisdom...thanks:D

9. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    If it's some of the Guest of Honors I'd say up to 3 or 5 hours tops. If it's the co members of the cast, you can hit them all in about an hour or two. On saturday, I hit all the "masked" and Imperials/Rebels characters, and got them all in about two hours. On Sunday, I hit the people like Matt Wood, etc, and it took me about three more hours. I bought some pre signed photos too, like of Billy Dee, etc.

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    No way to say. Some people literally had no line. I walked right up to Peter Mayhew and talked to him for a few minutes. A few others were like that as well. I waited in line for 2 and a half hours to get Billy Dee Williams. If you want Daniels and Fisher, and then another 7 others, you could spend the better part of the afternoon there. Good luck!

11. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Grumpy's right. You really cannot use past Celebration autograph lines to predict how long the lines will be for each actor/actress at CIV. It's one of those things where you just have to be there and see how everything unfolds.

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    With the 'timed' coupons for the GOH people that should reduce your time standing in line for one person. Hopefully it will work smoothly.

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I had no idea there were doing that this time. Excellent idea. I have no confidence in GenCon getting anything right but it seems like this time, they are taking the right steps. Hopefully their planning will work out.

14. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Let's not be negative Grumpy. I'm sure Gen con will have everything under control in autograph hall.

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    GenCon has nothing to do with the autograph hall over than providing the space -- the rest is all up to OfficialPix. Which is why it's so well-organized.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I guess that makes sense. Right, I forgot about that. I was surprised at how well the autograph sessions were organized. I don't recall having any problems with the helpers there. I was supposed to be one! =( Anne was pretty cool when I met her too.

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Shut up.. and get my a poster! =) Just don't get it autographed. I can see you being a Mr. Funny Guy and having it signed by the sand or something. Just the poster... and a fig. Pwinkie, are you getting any signatures at all? I know you already have Carrie's... you're not planning on getting another, are you?

18. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Is there anyone here who is willing to help a fellow SW fan out? I am an autograph collector, primarily Star Wars (I have over 65), but I have some Trek, Farscape, Battlestar, X-Files and others. I cannot attend C4 - my wedding later this year is taking precedence - but I am desperately searching for some of these autos. I will pre-purchase the auto coupons, send you all my stuff, and send enough $$$ to pay for the return shipping. All I need is a trustworthy soul and fellow fan. Right now, all I need is 11! I have looked at a site that is selling this service, but they will not take personal items to Anthony Daniels, which is the #1 priority on my list. If anyone can help me out, I would try to find a suitable compensation. If you can help, and are willing, I would greatly appeciate it. Thanks. James

19. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Try wattographs.com. They will take your personal items to the con for you for a price, or you can order signed photos from them that they will pick up at the con.

20. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Comedian - I looked at them. They won't take personal items to the GoHs, so they're out of the running. I have an old litho of R2 and 3P0 already signed by Kenny Baker that I would want Daniels to autograph. It is the most important of all the autos I am seeking. Thanks though.

21. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Ah, I read on Rebelscum earlier that may be changing in coming weeks. Keep checking!

22. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    thanks all for the info. :)

23. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I hope Daniels can sign personal items. I want to continue getting my Vanity Fair SW cover signed.

24. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    First off:
    Bib_Un-Fortuna:
    MAZEL TOV ON THE COMING NUPTUALS!! MAY GOD BE WITH YOU BOTH IN YOUR JOURNEY AS A COUPLE!!! ONLY JOYOUS TIMES TO COME!!

Since I just saw some comments about signers who appear on screen for 5 seconds or so. I was thinking......
    Perhaps we ought to have a famous fan signing table at C-4 too. it should include the first on line folks for each movie. The ones who waited for a month or more. The one who raised the most for charity. Anyone wearing a Red #5 Jersey with the name Skywalker on the back(they're among my favorite fans). And any other notable fans. And then we make Rick McCallum, George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Steve Sansweet, and the rest of the folks we made very rich, pay us $15 a pop for our autographes.
    Just for fun, of course. 50% of all money that is earned at the fan autograph table goes to charity.
    I would love to see McCallum thank a fan for what he or she has done for him. Like, I don't know, put his kids through college.

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Ha! That red jersey would be mine, although it's my brother who's wearing it at the end of the Episode I DVD documentary, "The Beginning", as he's hugging SW Insider editor, Frank Parisi. :) At first, I didn't know how popular it would be, until the DVD came out, and then someone at Celebration II made their own version of the jersey! But mine says "Rebels" on the front. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.