main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000

*rubs hands together eagerly, expectantly* Mmmmmmmmm, well, I must say that so far I'm *so* liking the sound of all this....first the positive plethora of must-have autographs (and clearly it behooves me to plan for potentially more, apart from the seven or eight I already have in mind.... *Le Sigh*), then the art prints (three of those for me, it looks like, if it can in fact be finagled....dunno quite how I'll manage that, but I'm hoping it won't be *too* terribly insane....right? It won't be, right? ;) ) and now this....yet further proof that I won't be coming away from CIV anything close to empty-handed by *any* mere stretch of the imagination. :) Although, hrmmm, the way it's also sounding, methinks that this may be as good a time as any to figure out....the physics of packing....because as challenging as that's been before, on occasion, now I've the distinct impression that this time 'round it'll only be even more so. Eeeep. :)

Dawn.

2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I would love Pernilla August's Autograph, I mean even though she did play a small part in the trilogy, I really loved her as an actress!!!

3. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    That's what me and my wife have done at past STAR WARS celebrations and will do at this one. It helps having my wife with me. She's an extra pair of eyes for spotting things and an extra pair of hands for loading me up and for helping me carry things. She's the best. [face_love]
    I was able to get a Yoda CLONE WARS cell. :) :cool:

Captain_Typho, getting the STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE/PEPSI cans signed is a great idea.

I have a STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE/PEPSI metal case that came with and holds all the STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE/PEPSI cans (except for the gold Yoda can). If I remember correctly it is a promo/advertisement/gift set.

Wow. I have already ordered two Carrie Fisher photos and autographs, one Anthony Daniels photo and Autograph, one Jake Lloyd photo and autograph and two STAR WARS 30TH ANNIVERSARY STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV SIDESHOW COLLECTIBlES ATTENDEE EXCLUSIVES and STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV isn't even here yet.

So much more to buy/get! :D

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :cool:

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I've been trying to collect autographs on my Vanity Fair cover with actors from all six films. So far I have Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, and Matthew Wood. Need to get Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker (and hopefully) Mark Hamill and Samuel L. Jackson at CIV.

"But its all my wallet's fault - its holding me back!" :_|

5. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It's jealous!!!

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    If it is like my wallet, it doesn't want the pain of being emptied and handed over to Official Pix. I think my wallet thinks I am just going to hand him over too without taking the money out. He is a bitter fellow.

7. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    They don't call it $tar War$ $elebration for nothing... ;)

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I think I might have John Knoll sign the battle droid can since he was VFX supervisor and also responsible for wearing the motion capture suit that captured the droids movements....so he's the closest thing to the actor I can think of.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I just happened to have an ILM book on me when I bumped into John Knoll at the Exhibit Hall at CIII. :) He happily signed it of course.

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I know that at C2, they had Carrie Fisher in a separate room for autographs. Do you think they'll do the same thing for Anthony Daniels? Hard to tell, considering he'll be there all 5 days.

11. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    The autograph area at C2 was insanely small; basically it was the back of the main hall. They fixed that problem BIG TIME at C3 by giving it an entire hall.

I suspect all the autographs will be in the even-bigger (double the size of C3) autograph hall this time out.

12. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    He is who I want to sign my badge. CII was McCallum, CIII was Nick Gillard, and I need someone like Knoll for my CIV badge.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Placed my order for my Official Pix autograph items last night:

27 - autograph coupons
    16 - OPX regular pics (I liked the selection of regular pics for the actors better than the CIV exclusive pics)
    6 - photo coupons (two photos for each of the 3 remaining GOH still to be announced - will have to buy their pics at CIV from their selection)

I already pre-ordered my GOH tickets for Fisher, Daniels, and Lloyd.

We are a month away, guys. The excitement is really starting to boil over now. [face_dancing]

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Good gravy! :eek:

You're gonna need a whole wall if you wanna frame those... ;)

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Like this?

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/plaquewall.jpg]

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - no, I'm going to store my CIV autographs in an OPX binder. My wall space is reserved for my SW posters, art prints, and displaying my collection.

Plus, it'll make it easier to bring 'em along to a family member or friend's house to show off. ;)

17. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    My SW autos collection is in two SW binders.

18. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    I've been thinking of framing and hanging my autographed photos (and the pictures of me and the people I got autographs from together), but I do like the idea of keeping them all in a celebration binder(s) and a large binder for larger autographed photos I have.

And with the size of my STAR WARS collection and it being an ever growing collection and the amount of autographed photos I have and will have after STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV (possibly 30 or more from STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV) and future opportunities, I just don't know that it will be possible, even with a future full-size/huge basement and another possible building(s) for my STAR WARS collection on me and my wife's future 22 acre property that we will have starting sometime in August-October in 2008. I could put some in frames and hang them, but I would like to keep them all together.

Still, I may eventually frame them all and hang them, if I ever have the room to do so.

Wow. With the Autograph Hall, the Art Hall, the Store and the Dealer Hall; that's a lot of money I'll be spending.

And totally worth it. :D

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

19. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Can you preorder those and pay when you arrive or do you have to pay online ahead of time. See, I want to wait until the guest list is complete and then order all of the coupons i'll need at one time online....

20. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    The guest list is complete. There's only 1 or 2 more GOH pending.

21. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I am so torn between the two photo styles. I like the photos in the black 30th anniversary style better, and the fact that the photos are all the same size, but if I buy autographs later on (say next year from OfficialPix) they're going to look completely different to the 30th anniversary ones. In which case, the C4 photos would be better... except that they're not the same size, and some of the photos aren't as good.

I also keep adding people to the "must-have" autographs list - I just added a couple more now that I know what their photos will look like. Too many decisions!!! :confused: [face_worried]

22. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    e-j, so far, the way I may be doing it is using the MasterPix 30th anniversary photos for those I have gotten autographs from on STAR WARS celebration photos from past STAR WARS celebrations and using STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV photos for those I haven't gotten autographs from on STAR WARS celebration photos from past STAR WARS celebrations.

With Carrie Fisher, I'm doing both and I may do so with others. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

And it's getting more expensive, too. :p

23. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    3 actually, according to OfficialPix. Let's hope all three say yes, whomever they may be.

24. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I'm hoping I can get my picture taken with Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels, but I'm told they are off and on about that depending how big the line is.

really though if I'm able to crouch down for a quick picture I don't see what the big hold up is. It takes only a few seconds. Oh well... I read the rules that taking pix of them is acceptable, but taking pix with the actors are at their own discretion.

I'd like to know more about the meet and greet areas and is that only for the fan club people?

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Most likely - of course you can always beg borrow or steal F&F passes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.