main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I just ventured over to OfficialPix and saw this (dated 4/16):

"In this month's STAR WARS Insider Silas Carson, Bodie Taylor, Mike Quinn, and Jesse Jensen were listed to attend Celebration IV as autograph guests. This misprint is due to a clerical error and Official Pix, Lucasfilm and the STAR WARS Insider regret any inconvienence this may cause its readers."

Dang, woulda been nice to see Silas (NUTE!!!) at C4.
    And I'm pretty sure he's not one of the GOH's.

Wonder how that list got mixed up - I'm guessing they were invited but declined?

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    That would be my guess.

I read that yesterday in the Insider. I was thinking "Silas Carson isn't going to be there!" If he was, he'd be on my list. Go Ki-Adi! ;)

3. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Darn, Silas is one of the ones I need for a Pepsi Can.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Talk about a huge downer - as per Ben Stevens, Iam McDiarmid had to decline his CIV invitation due to prior work commitments. Now we are down to two remaining GOH left. The fact that he was unsure if he could attend as a GOH (and not flat-out saying "No") can only be good news that he might show up at C5 or C6 later on.

Keep those fingers crossed for the future...

5. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Cool wall.

You have Harrison Ford's autograph up there.

His signature is my Holy Grail of autographs.

Still searching....

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    No! Why Ian why...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many of us who want to meet you....you're getting old....you might not be around forever..... :(

7. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    With no Ian coming, I can't imagine what other GOH may come. Hamill? You'll see Mustafar turn cold as Hoth before he shows up.

8. bonzofett

Mar 10, 2005
    With no Ian coming, I can't imagine what other GOH may come. Hamill? You'll see Mustafar turn cold as Hoth before he shows up.

9. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hayden maybe? I want Hayden's sig on my ROTS poster!!! Billy Dee?

10. bonzofett

Mar 10, 2005
    Hayden? No chance for him to sign. Billy Dee was at C3 and C4. I would say there is a good chance he'll be one of the ones remaining.

11. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Who's left? Harrison? No way, he'll be there. George Lucas? I don't see Lucas sitting down to sign for an entire day.

12. bonzofett

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't see Lucas signing for an entire second. I think we have to be happy with who we have coming - Fisher and Daniels. Hey, I think it's awesome that Ken Colley and Julian Glover are coming too.

13. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Rick McCallum maybe? It would be interesting if it was a behind the scenes person? Irvin Kershner?

14. bonzofett

Mar 10, 2005
    Irving Kershner would be great. I'll tkae Rick too. I met him at Disney last year and he was a class act and actually signed for eat least an extra 30 minutes past his schedule.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    They are remote possibilites, but you can't beat Frank Oz and James Earl Jones as the two remaining GOH.

16. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Are you saying these are the two remaining guests or is that just speculation, Justin? I saw no announcement on Officialpix.....

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Pure speculation (and hope) on my part.

18. bonzofett

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't think he was saying that Oz and Jones would be the ones remaining; however, they would definitely be on the top og my list.

19. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    I already asked about Frank Oz and James Earl Jones; Official Pix said they will not attend conventions. The auto I want is John Williams. He's simply a legendary composer and so integral to the movies. But they said he won't do conventions either.

The rumor I have heard is that the remaining GOH are Mark Hamill, Hayden, and Samuel Jackson. However, I have been told that because these three would be in such high demand, they would not be available to sign autographs for the general public.

I was told if they attend, you have to enter a drawing. A limited number of people will be chosen from the drawing who will be allowed to get autographs.

I asked Official Pix about this and they refused to comment and even got a little testy. If true, this sucks. Sell coupons for them like all the rest, with a cap on availablility. First 200 or whatever to buy the coupons, get the autographs.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh sweet jesus...........................

[face_hypnotized]

*faints*

*Recovers*

I don't know HOW Hayden could do a session - he'd be mobbed by the scary side of the Force. :(

Thing is, I have a poster of Hayden called "Men Crying" that was already autographed by the photographer - I'd LOVE to have Hayden sign it....

Honestly - if I had to choose between having them as non signing guests and not seeing them at all, well, no contest.

21. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I am with you BREEZY....

I think I may need a stretcher if they all show up. My husband just came into the room and I told him the gossip, and he looked at me, and said well that night will be happy in the hotel room....lol.

I get flush and excited just thinking about it, I mean I cant stand it, LET US KNOW, so I can rehearse my lines!!!!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE.....

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Actually, half the fun is the TEASE!!!!

23. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Here's a drawing I did for Carrie Fisher to sign: Princess Leia, pencil on paper, 11"x14":
    http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leiajr2.jpg

Cant' wait until C IV........

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    If a GOH who appears at CIV won't be signing autos for the general public like the rest of the GOH, then it's not even worth it for them to attend IMO. A raffle for only 200 fans? C'mon, that is ridiculous for a convention of this size & scope. A raffle like this belongs posted on the OPX website, not in person at a convention expecting some 30,000+ fans.

Now if they agree to attend CIV as a guest speaker in the panel sessions, I'm all for that. But that should be completely separate from the GOH list of signers. I would much rather have celebs as a GOH who are willing to sign for their fans. I understand the mob scene that it would cause, but if you go by that same logic, we can never expect to see other top-notch celebs such as Lee, McDiarmid, McGregor, Portman, Ford, etc at a SW convention. Gen Con needs to take the necessary steps to try and keep some semblance of order.

25. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I can't see it being 200. You'd have to think that the GOH will be there at least 2 days like Carrie. Why just not do it first come first serve like everything else they've done. Sell X number of coupons and when they are gone then that is it.

The other thing you could do is if you have three big name guests like that then just have it that you can only get 1 of the 3 that way more people have a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.