main
side
curve

Autographs

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    There may be long lines, but there is no mass confusion with OfficialPix :).

2. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    You are right! Official Pix will be organized! :) I should have hope!

3. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Well, it's too bad the others had to cancel, whoever they were.
    But, the important thing for me is that Carrie's going to be there. Anyone else would just have been icing on the proverbial cake.

4. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I think it's cool Anthony Daniels is there. I missed him at C II and III.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, but at CI, he was signing for free! :D

6. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    He wasn't at C3, so you didn't miss him there ;)

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    That's right. No "C3" at C3. ;)

8. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    So will you save money if you pre-order coupons for C4 or are they the same price at C4?

9. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Unfortunately Mark Hamill is too busy trying to figure out what happened to his career.

10. mrsge

mrsge Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Ouch.

11. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Same price I believe but I think the time for pre-ordering them has passed anyway.

12. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I just noticed in the Official Pix update about the autograph pre-order pick up. Now, I pre-ordered mine but I won't be coming in till thursday. It says that they will have autograph coupons ready for pick-up on wednesday from 3-6 pm. Does this mean it's only happening on that day? If so, then I'm screwed and I would have to change my flight schedule? Or is that for something else?

I thought you could just pick them up during the event when you get there, and not the day early. Can anyone clear me on this?

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You can pick them up when you get here, the "early bird" date is just that, for those who are getting here early.

14. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Don't forget ... at C1 (Denver = Dagobah) Anthony.D was running around signing outside (in the rain) for free
    What a character!

.... and DarkPrince, Nice Avatar! (Canadian Eh!)

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

I actually got video of that!

16. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    If the one happens to be Sam Jackson for instance, I am sure that OPX has a plan in place to handle it. They are a group that keeps their head out of their collective rears unlike some companies. I am confident that whoever it is it will be handled in a levelheaded manner.

17. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Still, pretty disappointing Hamill can't attend. Or Ian McDiarmid. What would it take to get Jimmy Smits? James Earl Jones? Frank Oz?

I was also hoping for more "face" characters. How about Padme's handmaidens? Shmi Skywalker (Pernilla August)? Young Owen Lars?

If they are really reaching to find face characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring out Bea Arthur from the 1977 SW Christmas Special.

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    For all we know, OPX could have asked all of the people you mentioned. If they say no, they say no. Not much can be done about it.

19. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Ian McDiarmid was asked to attend, but he couldn't. He was going to sign, too.

20. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    How is OPX "reaching" for face characters? They already had the 50+ regular guests lined up weeks ago - they were just trying to get two more GOH. One of them apparently could not commit to CIV, and they are doing their best I'm sure to secure one last GOH. You cannot "reach" for a GOH, as there are only so many actors/actresses who would fit the "GOH" label. And most of those actors/actresses (such as McDiarmid) are well-known celebrities who have prior working committments, making their appearance at CIV impossible.

None of those actors that you mentioned are GOH-worthy candidates. And we already have enough regular guests IMO.

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Another thing to note is that some actors may be going to Celebration Europe, as it would be easier for them to do, distance-wise and cost-wise.

22. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Very good point, I am sure that made a big difference for some of the actors. For the record though, I do not think OfficialPix is doing the autograph program for Celebration Europe!

23. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    OP is not doing Celebration Europe so there might be different people there. A group called Showmasters is doing CE.

24. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I've purchased two autograph and two photo coupons for Carrie Fisher, two autograph and two photo coupons for Anthony Daniels and two autograph and two photo coupons for Jake Lloyd.

I've also bought 45 other autograph coupons and 30 other photo coupons.

Counting the current GUESTS OF HONOR, that's 33 different STAR WARS celebrities (the three current GUESTS OF HONOR and 30 SPECIAL GUESTS) I will be getting autographs from and 36 autographs as I will be getting two autographs from each of the current GUESTS OF HONOR.

Most of the autographs will cover all the STAR WARS celebrities attending that I haven't gotten autographs from in person.

And I may purchase more autograph and more photo coupons at STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV. That's always a possibility. :D :cool:

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

25. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Billy Dee is now meant to be there,on stage, on Sunday.

Hmm, I wonder....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.