main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I guess some people didn't love Endgame 3000. :p

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    The worst part of Endgame is apparently it's serving as a springboard for Jeremy Renner's mid-life crisis music career. I lost count of how many Jeep commercials I've seen set to his music weeks ago. I still cringe every time I see the one with the guy stepping off of the tour bus and saying "Hey Jer".

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You think Peter would be okay killing loads of animals? I think Peter would definitely not want to kill, say, ten dogs or ten horses or whatever.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If those ten dogs were trying to kill him? Also, if he dies, then so does the entire universe.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    A more important question: Would Peter use instant kill to fend his children from the 30-50 feral hogs that run into his yard? [face_thinking]

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No but I don't think evil space hounds that are trying to kill you are the same thing as people's dogs on earth.

PCCViking likes this.
  7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i don't even remember that moment

8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    It was 12 percent of a moment. :p

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    No, like I said, I'm on board with him killing anybody or anything he needs to in a situation like Endgame. I just think the argument that "well, Peter wouldn't kill people, but those were dogs" is kind of silly. Peter probably doesn't want to kill anyone or anything, but he had to in Endgame. That's a pretty simple proposition and I buy it. I just find the intellectual detour into "sapience vs. sentience vs. whatever" to be kind of weird.

BigAl6ft6, solojones and Sarge like this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that's kind of a interesting thing to ponder. Spider-Man doesn't have weapons like that, or he hasn't until now, but then a lot of other heroes don't. He's never really been put in that situation.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well he ain't gonna have it no more so the argument is moot :(

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Pepper callbacks are always good. She never did get enough love from fans.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Peter essentially killed by remote. I mean, the US president in WW2 remotely killled 100k+ people, but I bet his appetite would have been far lower if he had to strangle them one by one.

Peter acted on survival instinct, I had no problem with it at all.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Spider-Man Far From Home Extended Cut Now Playing!

Midsommar Director's Cut Debuts in Theaters!

[face_whistling]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    huh, interesting, but I'd call those blips based upon Endgame's expansion with new content actually working out.

Now if we get, like, Birds of Prey Extended Edition 2 months after it comes out then we got a problem.

I am currently at 6 viewings of Endgame. If I get in 2 more before New Year's Eve, that'll be a full day of 2019 devoted to watching Avengers: Endgame!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh]

Well, if that fails Jer can always go back to his very lucrative real estate business.

But we cannot go back to his app. That was blipped thanks to Thanos' internet trolls. Perhaps that is why Kate Bishop will take over for Hawkguy on the show.:p

18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    You lifted mine out of context there. The scenario that I was referring to was Endgame trying to set the all-time record, not extra scene or extended cut re-releases in general. I simply said those were unlikely to become common practice. Two more within several months among all the other new titles to come out in that time doesn't reach that threshold in my book.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So does "Everyone comes back" means Snap adjacent casualties? Like Tommy who works on the docks is driving home, gets dusted and runs over Johnny on the sidewalk, who wasn't Snaped. So when Hulk had everyone come back did only Tommy come back or did Johnny also?

You can kind of go down the line with all deaths stemming from the snap in the intervening five years. Like Clint killed all those goons cuz "They got Thanos, you didn't" and they wouldn't be dead by Clint's hand if it hadn't been for Thanos' snap. Does that mean the goon Clint killed is totally alive now?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Ghost likes this.
  20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I think only those who were directly snapped.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I do buy that Hulk was Smart Hulk enough to bring back people safely instead of having them appear in the middle of the sky etc. but there were definitely indirect casualties the instant everyone else got snapped. I'd like to think those people came back too. Although they would have already had, like, funerals and stuff with the corpses and all unlike the snapped folk who were dusted. Does that mean Johnny has a corpse since he got run over by a snapped driver Tommy, as well as being brought back, dahhh!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Ghost likes this.
  22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  23. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, the original concept for Strange’s duel with Thanos was that he did this to him...

[​IMG]

...and then followed him through to continue the fight. If this had made it to the big screen, by the Vishanti, I would’ve lost my [poop] even harder than I already had :p

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I LOL’d so hard!

Sarge, VadersLaMent and PCCViking like this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Shrek 2 and Godzilla pats work surpringly well.

Sarge and Jedi Merkurian like this.