main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think we're saying the same thing just in different ways.

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    From your POV, I'm curious on what was built up that didn't get the payoff you expected?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    why, tony. why.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    you know what sucks? Endgame.

6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Morbid curiosity?

heels1785 likes this.
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You’re a bit late.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    More or less everything, but especially Thor (even if Infinty War begun the problems when it come to Thor). Tony Starks storyline was is more or less the only thing I think they really did good and built on what was earlier, but even there I dislike that the movie have that the rest of the gang cant figure out the timetravell without him.

soitscometothis likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I guess so. It got brought up in the last movie thread. Sorry to open up the wound.

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    At least no one told you to go to hell….this time.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Go to hell, Tony

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I feel like the MCU mostly just bounced around rather aimlessly. The individual films were all fun and entertaining, yeah, but when Infinity War came along it didn't feel like there had been much setup for it. So Thanos pops up out of nowhere, and he's already got an infinity stone. Also...I really hate how they resorted to time travel in Endgame.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There needs to be a flashback in GOTG 3 about the Fall of Xandar.

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Maybe that’s the cold open for the film. Since Endgame the MCU has leaned hard into the aftermath of Infinity War and the snap. Very likely that could still continue in GOTG 3.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You know, when I first watched Endgame, I didn't really pick up the importance of the Peggy Carter scenes with Steve Rogers - both when he went back in time to the 70s as well as the final scene when he's dancing with her in an Alt timeline. After having watched the first Captain America, then the first What If? episode, and currently binge-watching the Agent Carter series, I certainly have a new appreciation for the character and her role in the Marvel universe overall. I know she has other cameo-like appearances in other movies and even an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D; I plan to watch those as well.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Infinity War is my favourite out of the two films, mostly because it has an interesting non-3act structure where it's basically just "Dahh! Thanos is here!" and everyone is running around on their heels the whole time leading up to the best ending in the MCU. Endgame is a bit more 3-act traditional style, 1st act everyone's bummed (although the first 20 mintues are basically just the end of Infinity War), 2nd act Time Heist, 3rd act, big battle.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The only thing I didn’t really like about Endgame is how they completely sidestepped Banner’s transition into Smart Hulk. All his character development is off-screen.

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The 3rd act, big battle gets me every time. It’s a huge Lord of the Rings style war set in present day. The majority of the heroes are main characters. For me it was so unexpected in a Super Hero movie and earned. It’s the emotional impact that caught me by surprise.

This is the sort of scene usually appearing at the start of a movie in flashback or unearned at the end of a 2 1/2 hour movie that just introduced the characters coming together. But here it is at the end of 20ish movies. It’s the culmination of 11 years. The audience actually went on this journey start to end.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Ruffalo is supposed to appear in the upcoming She Hulk series, so maybe that series will delve into that more than Endgame did.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Smart Hulk isn't even something I wanted. It's not where I would have went with him and frankly the result is incredibly boring.

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It cracked me up when Black Widow and Hawkeye fought each other to see who would have the selfless glory of sacrificing themselves. Punching and tackling all the way off the cliff lol.

darthcaedus1138 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it was more about them both loving each other and wanting the other to live and find happiness. At least that’s what I took from it. :p

Ghost, Jedi Merkurian , EHT and 3 others like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Unfortunately for Nat, she couldn't have children, so it had to be her. That's the movie's argument, anyway.

Nat and Banner would have been a better pairing there.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's not the argument I took away from the film.

Ghost likes this.