main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, because we're saying positive things.:p

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Another thing about Scott's message, if he had just returned from the Quantum Realm to find Hank, Hope, Janet, and who know's else turned to dust before heading to the Avengers compound for help, would he have been in so chipper of a mood when he got there?

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    He's a big fan of Captain America like Coulson. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Hey now, let's not forget...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    See this is why I don't write superhero movies. I can't think of a plausible way to get everyone involved. It's the only reason I don't write superhero movies. :p

Luke02, EHT, dp4m and 2 others like this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's the primary reason, at least what I've heard, why it's taking GRRM so long to finish Winds of Winter.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think we got a BINGO!, as I don't recall a "Scene right after IW." So, we got INGO!

I = "Thanos on his "Farm Planet,'" which the Russo Bros called Titan 2 in a Q&A presented by Collider last weekend.

N = "Title Reveal"

G = "Hawkeye as Ronin"

O = "() Years later Later"

8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  9. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It probably has been a while since then. But I think it is in fact an old message. In the upper left corner of the display is says "Archive".

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, people keep saying this -- which is possible -- but it actually just looks like the button you press to archive something. :p There's no date to really confirm/deny...

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Scott does something to the effect of "We met a few years ago." Steve was probably just making sure it wasn't something recorded from the past, as Scott's face appeared on the virtual milk carton of missing people that also included Peter and Shuri.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then this...

[​IMG]

Like Steve, I'd ask if it was live or Memorex.

However, it could...
    be a recorded message from the Quantum realm.

Sarge, Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    This is not a spoiler but my own speculation based on tidbits of other theories (I don't know all the lore about the comics). But here is what I see as the basic plot:

So apparently Lange was able to leave the Quantum Realm. He most likely saw the other Avengers who turned to dust but saw them in another time period since the QR crosses time and space. This is the 1 out of 14 million futures that Strange saw. Lange is the go-between for the RW and the QR. How does he get back and forth? Either Strange (who, as we know, can see the future) and/or Captain Marvel. We still don't know exactly what CM can do but I'm sure she has a HUGE role in the QR. Anyway, Lange goes to the RW (real world) to get Cap, Nat, Banner, Thor, and Barton (and maybe Vision's body which would be cool) to go to the QR. Despite losing his family including Pym, Lange knows where and how to get into the QR. So when Nat says "this is going to work Steve" she's talking about Scott's idea. They go to the QR and with help from CapMar, they defeat Thanos in a different time OR perhaps they get infinity stones at that time and then face Thanos with duplicate stones. But here's the kicker. If the former is used and they defeat Thanos at an earlier time, then I foresee the original Avengers, while living, get reset to the present where Thanos is defeated, the world's life is restored BUT those original core Avengers do not have any recollection or existence as Avengers. They don't know each other, they aren't part of any team. etc. Instead we have a world where Steve may have died in WWII, Nat's still part of SHEILD of course, and the vision Stark had of he and Potts with a child is true. He saw the "other" life and that life becomes true. So the core Avengers lived a rather normal life in their own time. Things were reset for them. BUT the ones that turned to dust (you know-the ones who have more movies coming) actually get brought back to the present with complete knowledge of everything that happened. They ARE the new Avengers while the others can go on and live their lives. And this could be how (if) Bucky becomes the new Captain AMerica if Steve never got turned into an Avenger-cicle.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    artie lange?

15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    What is the other word in that corner? It looks like it might be "Strat".

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd speculate that the "milk carton" image of Scott is added only for the trailer (because, otherwise, the trailer's stinger would not make sense without that context) and it'll be someone else in the final film (Betty?). Mostly because there's not really a reason why Banner would react that way to Scott, since they never met.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Would it be in bad taste to have Stan Lee's face among the missing for his cameo?

Ghost, timmoishere and Diggy like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Absolutely! The only recovery would be his actual cameo being his return. But...that's also bad taste, so...I hope that's what he filmed.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've gotta admit, the only thing that I prematurely was psyching myself out was hoping that I'd see Captain Marvel at the end of that trailer. Ant-Man?
    [​IMG]

20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Thought of the last episode of Star Trek Voyager, actually.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I haven't seen it yet, but my daughter is texting me here at work to ask why it seems like Antman is suddenly so important.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Great trailer as it was barely any spoilers just a lot of beautiful composed moody closeups. Like that last Captain Marvel trailer felt a wee bit too much, this was just the gang getting it back together. Also I like how the Thanos snap has become so huge in pop culture that it's basically the basis of the entire marketing campaign. Ronin Hawkeye ALMOST wins the whole trailer but Scott hollering at the gate takes it.

One question, if Tony's Iron Man is all nanotech now, how is he able to switch the half made helmet off and on? Or can his nanites only make half a helmet that he can record his final message on?

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe Scott isn't even aware that the Snappening occurred. Maybe he found the X-Men and the Fantastic Four chillin in the Quantum Realm and is just really excited to tell the others about it. :p

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm hoping there's a lot of improv or alt takes on that scene. Seems like the right moment.

I suspect he extruded the nanites into the solid form and allowed them to detach as a separate object/device (or what's left of one) so that it could retain his recordings after he dies. He probably rigged something from the ship as well.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Lucasfilm can learn a thing or two about how to market a film and get people freakin' out in a good way!

Let's hope that whenever they release the IX teaser it gets the same level of [face_hypnotized] and :eek: as this one because.....DAMN!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.