main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also not sure Thor would be wearing those type of clothes off Earth.

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...r-current-three-hour-runtime-and-more-a165471

"There's a high probability that this movie will clock in at around three hours. It's a big movie with a lot of story."

IW was 2:40 and managed to not feel like it was that long (for me at least). It pulled that off with how it slotted in a string of action pieces. But they've been billing Endgame as a different kind of story from IW. Pushing the run time up from there and having something that doesn't feel like a chore to sit through will be no small task.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    IW was designed more as an anthology of short overlapping stories about a lot of characters that fit together into one overarching plot. It could have been a disaster, but it worked really well. EG has less characters so even if they're split up most of the time, they'll still need a strong plot or it's going to turn into Age of Ultron +40 minutes.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Good, that’s a chance to give Hawkeye a proper arc. :cool:

5. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Infinity War just hit the Netflix today on Christmas for those who didn't go out and get the home video release on disc or digital go and watchie right now!

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think it’s terrible that people who purchased the film can’t watch it on Netflix.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    so this has probably been seen before but watching Infinity War yet again and in the corner of Thanos' final scene, you can see the Thanos Scarecrow / Jersey Retirement in the corner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    SLJ may have dropped a spoiler in an interview regarding Carol:

"I mean, [the Avengers] are up against some really, really tough odds right now – we saw throughout Infinity War – so now we know that we need something that’s as powerful as Thanos. And at some point, we’ll find out how powerful she is and all the things that she’s capable of. She’s one of the few people in the Marvel universe that can time travel, so.”

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Hrmmm ... potential second trailer or "special look" like we just got with Captain Marvel. It is being carried on ABC so ...

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If they're going to put the Avengers to host the Oscars they need to straight up put them in their supersuits and everything for the opening monologue.

13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Narrated by Luis from Ant-Man. :)

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Nitpick, are we talking just the founding Avengers, or the Avengers plus Bucky/Spider-Man/Doctor Strange/Black Panther/Ant-Man or the above plus the Guardians.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Master_Lok likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the article mentions that the OG Avengers were in the Oscars telecast the year after it came out so they'd probably go full Infinity War roster.

Honestly Avengers cast is a hellova upgrade from Kevin Hart, esp. if they can write them a pretty funny monologue. Or, hell, pass on the monologue and just show an Endgame sneak preview instead!

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You think it's great now that they're hosting, but only 5 films will be best picture nominees this year, and 2.5 films will be nominated in each category.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    MCU will be represented in the Best Picture race as Black Panther has some serious steam heading into awards season. Marvel in general too cuz it may very well be that Into the Spider-Verse will be the frontrunner for Best Animated.

But, really now, this is the Avengers thread and I dig me some Black Panther quite a lot but I wish the nomination for best picture went to Avengers: Infinity War as it was next level, if only for the epic scale of the thing that it entirely, coherently held together. it's like them world war II epics the academy always nominate each year, since there's no WWII epic this year it'd be nice if it went to Infinity War. And that freakin' ending.

I actually saw the end of IW yesterday at my sister's place on the Netflix, happily Netflix doesn't minimize the screen when the credits start (which is what they do for most of their content) and they let it play out so the post-credit scene. The pop up ad was for Bird Box afterwards, BTW.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You think the entire cast is going to host the Oscars. Okay.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm surprised Thanos didn't cut the number of seasons of the Simpsons by half. :p

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Or it would have been funny if he had dusted Homer’s beer/donut.

BigAl6ft6, Sarge, Master_Lok and 2 others like this.
  22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    A subtle trolling from Brolin:

[​IMG]

24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Tay at Kinda Culty is the only MCU theorycrafter I watch with any sort of regularity, namely because he pulls in material from the comics that falls outside of the era I'm familiar with but seems to stay pretty grounded on how those elements might be adapted rather than going all comics knowledge nerdgasm/wish fulfillment. Anyway, I really like a lot of what he came up with here. Some of it lines up with a few of the inclinations I'd been having.

It does deal with the leaked set photos, merchandise images, and casting news that have been around quite a while now and the "SLJ leak" for Captain Marvel that 2nd mentioned above. There was one particular spoiler from a recent CM set visit article that I thought was bad form on the author's part (it detailed a particular moment in the third act) and he does mention it which is why the vid starts where it does to skip past that. But it never comes up again afterwards.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Me being the nerd that I am, my quickly remembers that in Deadpool 2, Weasel tells Cable he's wearing a fanny pack.

[​IMG]