main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Aviation for Non Pilots" course at WOTR

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey all,

We are doing a course at work (Wings Over the Rockies Museum) that I thought some of ya'll might be interested in. I know I am already signed up.

Here are the details:

The course is a "not for credit" course intended for adults who have an interest in aviation and who want to learn more about it.

Our intent is to provide the "flavor" of aviation, without getting heavily into the technological side of it. We wish to show the romance of fliying without the hard hours of training and planning, and to dispel the myths that spring up because of common misunderstandings.

Some of the areas we will briefly touch are: Early Aviation History, Weather, Communications, Theory of Flight, Navigation, Common Myths, INstrument Flying, Pressurization, Approach to Pearl Harbor and many more topics.

Classes will be held every Tuesday night from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Room #151, starting September 20th, 2005. All past participants of this class have enjoyed it greatly (as per critiques they submitted) so we will expect you too.

To register, please contact Don Morris at the Museum via phone at 303-360-3650 ext. 106, or you can see any Museum staff member at the admissions desk for a registration form. The class costs $100, or $80 for museum members.

Hope to see you when class begins this fall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.