main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends Awakening (the Jedi Exile; sequel to Silent Scream)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tjace, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Title: Awakening
    Timeframe: 3960 BBY
    Characters: Jedi Exile
    Keywords: Jedi Exile, Malachor V
    Summary: The exile wakes up after the cataclysm at Malachor, then journeys to Coruscant.
    Notes: This story uses the name Sareth Dorn for the Exile, as that was what I named her on my first playthrough of the game.

This is the sequel to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/31165805/p1/?7]Silent Scream[/link].

Most of my inspiration came from these songs (the story makes more sense in that context):
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljr6lqu2-ec]Awakening[/link] by Chris Tomlin
    The Song Is Alive by Point of Grace (sorry, couldn't find a good link!)
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-EzVteRq1k]Christ Is Risen[/link] by Matt Maher

A woman lies in a valley of shadow. She once was alive: but now she is nothing. Her heart is stone, her soul is dust.

The darkness has feasted on the others, and now will savor this one. It has been patient: it has betrayed her, as she betrayed her brethren. It has made her know pain, and will still further acquaint her.

From beyond the darkness comes a light. A voice calls out from its midst.

[i]Awaken.[/i] The one word is a symphony. The giver of life, the origin of beauty has come.

The darkness protests. [i]She is mine![/i]

She is of stone, and yet can feel the vibration of the struggle, the battle of song. The song is alive: it?s the heartbeat of life.

[i]No. She is mine; she was sealed at the beginning of time.[/i]

She is of stone: but she is melting.

The darkness knows it cannot resist. Not now. [i]I?ll be back! This isn?t over![/i]

[i]Begone.[/i] The darkness recedes, howling. The voice again speaks to the corpse.

[i]Come awake, come awake, come and rise up from the grave![/i]

And now she is the singer.

[i]For you and you alone awake my soul; Awake my soul, and sing.[/i]

She opens her eyes.

Through the darkness has come a light. She ignites her blade: like the rising sun it shines.
    >

2. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    That's haunting! Parts of it seem like stuff Kreia would say.

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Lovely, and poetic. Great viggie.

4. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    I got goosebumps.

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Thanks for reading,everyone! :D

SoA: Thanks, Kreia has a great character voice, and some really insightful things to say about the exile, so a lot of my perspective on the Exile is influenced by her.

Luna_Nightshade: Thank you. It's weird, I'm not satisfied with my work unless I think it is at least decent prose (hence why I haven't written much, working on that); sometimes it does end up more reminiscent of poetry. Also, hopefully this is just a prologue to the next part in the Exile's story.

LaForzaViva: Thanks, I try.

6. Anderson84

Anderson84 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2007
    Awesome. More poetry! More poetry in the SWU I say.

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I do like the poetic feel, and I think it works really well with these short form stories. It's a really well drawn snapshot of a moment in the Exile's life. Well done! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.