main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Awesome Challenge Centre* {New Challenge: page 10!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Courtney_Solo, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    when are you going to post?

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Who? ME? So NO ONE wants to do this awesome challenge? :( :p :D

3. Leia_of_Alderaan

Leia_of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    I REALLY want to finish this challenge, but I'm having some major trouble thinking of Anakin and Tahiri's startling news. I just can't figure it out. Just gimme some time to think it out. I can't come up with a plot line for anything else, either. But "Vacations Gone Crazy" has such a twisted plot line...

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I'll Bite

"HAN!" Leia shouted, "Get your fuzzy butt down here! There's a strange presence on the [i]Falcon[/i]!"

"I'm coming." Han growled his tired reply.

"So's Life Day," Leia shot back.

"Any idea which embassy to send the body to, your Worshipfulness?" Anyone messing with [b]his[/b] ship was officially dead meat, as he was likely to shoot first and ask questions later.

"Don't even think about hurting her!"

"Her?! How in the nine Corellian Hells do you know it's a ... never mind ... Jedi thing."

"She's Human, Female, and very kriffed off. I can't tell anything else through her anger."

"Alright, I'll set my blaster on stun, if it makes you happy." Han replied, thumbing the power level on his trusty DL-44 down as he stepped up the ramp.

Stomping into the cockpit, he noticed an unfamiliar woman sitting at the controls, her aged fingers deftly manipulating the controls with eerie skill. "Who the kriff are you, and what the kriff are you doing with my ship at oh-two-hundred?"

"Your ship? This baby was stolen from me fifty years ago - I suppose you're the thief." Her time-worn voice dripped with ice.

"She's only been in my posession for thirty-five, granny. I won her from a gambler named Lando Calrissian, who had her five years before that. My guess is he relieved the real thief of this baby - and just about everything else he owned." Han contained his indignance somewhat, glad to at least know what this was all about, making a mental note to confront Lando about this in the morning. Maybe it was just her Corellian accent, but something about this old lady seemed all too familiar to him.

At his announcement, her eyes softened. "Ironic, isn't it, that this ship should belong to my son, but he vanished five years to the day before the ship. I have found the ship after fifty years, again, to the day, I wonder if ... Impossible," she mused quietly, her voice a threadbare whisper as she aborted the takeoff sequence.

Han's pistol clanked to the deck plating, as long-forgotten memories bubbled to the surface, indicating who the unfamiliar yet familiar visitor might be. Still he'd rather have confirmation that the memories were real. "Leia, could you please come into the cockpit. I want you to take a look at our visitor's Force signature-thingy."

"Alright. Anakin and Tahiri are headed here, they just arrived on-planet. They say they have something that they want to tell us in person. What should I tell them?"

"If our mystery guest is who I think she is, this concerns them, too." Turning back to the white-haired woman in the pilot's seat, he shrugged, "My wife's coming up. She's a Jedi, so she may be able to provide some answers."

"Perhaps."

Leia stormed into the cockpit, barely containing her irritation. "What's so Sith-damned important about that ... old woman that you want checked out?"

"Could you check and see if her presence seems familiar in any way?" Han couldn't voice his theory in fear that speaking the words would automatically void it all.

"You're crazy, you ... Ohhhh Stars! Han, she's ..." Leia trailed off, her voice betraying her surprise.

"Han?" The elder woman looked upon the Hero of the Republic with puzzled recognition, as if she refused to believe her eyes. "My son, is that you?"

"Mother?" He finally spoke the word that had been on the tip of his tongue, "It's really you. How is this possible?"

"The Force willed it, that's how." She embraced him tightly, "I'll explain later. All that matters now is that we're all together."

Anakin skid to a halt, Tahiri half a step behind him. "Dad, Is this ... Grandma?"

Han nodded as he broke the embrace. "And why do you two look like the felinx that swallowed the Qanari?"

Tahiri blurted, "Well, Anakin and I were trapped in a building by an avalanche on Rhen Var, and we started kissing to pass the time, and one thing sorta led to another ..."

Leia interrupted the young blonde, "Get to the point, please."

The Tattooinian J

5. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
  6. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    :rolleyes: How did I know SOMEONE would do that? :p

=D= Awesome job, Zeb! =D=

7. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *goes crazy*

8-} Next Challenge:

(1) Someone has hi-jacked the Falcon

(2) Han questions every single person he knows

(3) The Falcon turns up, pretty banged up, YOU explain how.

G'luck! *You're gonna need it*. :p

C @};- S

8. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    I,ll give it a shot I hope I can come up with a story. [face_praying]

9. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *tries to push MichaelSolo down the path of posting*

POST SUMTIN! POST SUMTIN! POST SOMETHING!!!!! :p

C @};- S

10. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    I,m trying.

11. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Okay then. :;sits around:: [face_coffee]

:D

C @};- S

12. MichaelSolo

Oct 15, 2005
    I have to leave tomorrow I,ll be back in a week. I will write as much as I can while at Disney
    World bye.:D

13. Kit_Kat

Kit_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    can i join this? :D

Kit

14. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Sure you can, Kit_Kat! :D

C @};- S

15. Kit_Kat

Kit_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    thanks

Kit

16. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    hey...not posts in a while....hello? (hears echoing voice) guess not...

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    OK, this topic must be too hard for y'all, so I'll give y'all an easier one. :)

Optional Topic:

Anakin and Tahiri are on Myrkr. Anakin is dying.
    Tahiri should NOT be as annoying as she is in SbS, please. :)
    Give me some A/T MuSh! 8-}

Required Words/Phrases:

I love you. (duh! <-- don't include that. :D )
    kiss
    Wait for me. (<-- optional)

Go nuts!

C @};- S

18. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *comes in whistling* [face_whistling] *sees that no one has repiled*
    :eek: "WHAT!?!?!" :eek:

C'mon, y'all! I gave ya a new challenge, let's have it! [face_dancing]

C @};- S

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *sighs* :_| I feel aweful when I up my own stuff, y'all! :_|

C @};- S

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  21. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Okay, just so you're forewarned. 1) I'm bad at mush. 2) I have a hard time with A/T (love the pairing, can't write it well. . .)

Still, I wanted to take a stab at the challenge.

Title: Fading
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri
    Timeframe: SbS
    Summary: Anakin?s dying. His thoughts.
    Genre: Angst.
    Note: :( I didn?t have any mush in this. And Tahiri was only mentioned. Anyway, written for Courtney_Solo?s writing challenge.

Dying.

I try the word out and find that it is right. My life-force is slipping away in small trickles and great big rushes. I find that I don?t like the word. It heralds the end. It screams that there are things I will never have a chance to do ever again.

Like kiss Tahiri.

Memories of our first kiss, stuffed in a locked on Yag?dul, flitter through my mind, but they don?t have any substance. I can?t get a solid grasp on anything.

Tahiri . . . on her my thoughts revolve around. I can?t get a solid fix. I see her hair, her lips, her eyes. I see her in my vision, a dark Jedi. I see her bare feet in the grasses of Yavin. I feel her mouth against mine. I hear her voice teasing.

I hear and see and feel everything, and yet I can?t grasp a single detail. I am overwhelmed by my approaching death. I can think of no detail that I like more of Tahiri. No fitting detail to die thinking of.

Except regret.

And even that fades away. The pain from my injuries is fading steadily. Coherent thoughts are becoming a myth.

I look at Tahiri. I do not know if she is here or if I?m imagining. ?Wait for me,? I whisper.

There is no response. The sandstorm of my thoughts returns to our kiss. The feel of her mouth pressed against mine. And I know no more.

22. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    =D= I loved it! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] =D=

Thank you for trying out my challenge! :D

Heck, since it's been about two months since the last challenge update,
    let's give it another whirl...

[b]Your Next Challenge Is To . . .

[ul]
    [li]Write a vignette with a song performed by your favorite band![/li]
    [/ul]

[ul]
    [li]You can use any of the following pairings ...[/li]
    [/ul]
    Anakin/Tahiri
    Jag/Jaina
    Jaina/Zekk
    Kyp/Jaina
    Han/Leia
    Jacen/Tenel Ka
    Kyp/Danni

Anakin/Padm`e
    Obi-Wan/Padm`e

[ul]
    [li]Have fun![/li]
    [/ul][/b]

C @};- S[/color]

23. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Are you talking about a a generic songfic? or a fic that follows the songs story?

I just don't understand?:confused:

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Well, the song should at least make sense in the plot of the story. :)

25. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ok so i think i'll try this one. my master suggested the idea to try challenges...so:D

hopefully i'll get one done in the next two weeks!

meg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.