main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Awesome Challenge Centre* {New Challenge: page 10!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Courtney_Solo, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    meg, i'm so proud of you! i can't believe you actually picked this one, i was going to suggest it to you!. great minds do think alike...:p [face_laugh]

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Yay! Wow, I can't wait to see the responses to this one!

[face_coffee]

C @};- S

PS: When I read the coincidences (forgive my spelling) between you two (meg and aurrasingrules) I laughed so hard! :D

3. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    guess that makes three of us!!! (we also laughed):D

meg

4. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Okay. Here's my entry.

Title: My Valentine
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Timeframe: Post DN
    Summary: Jaina meets with Jag two years after the event in DN
    Genre: Song-fic
    Notes: Written to Martina McBride?s ?My Valentine?
    Notes2: I do not own Star Wars or the song. I?m only playing with both of them.
    Notes3: Written for Courtney_Solo?s writing challenge

?They recovered him from Tenupe, but he hasn?t woken up yet. The Chiss doctors don?t feel confident that he?ll ever regain consciousness.?

The words pulsed against Jaina Solo?s skin like waves against a broken shore. ?Can I see him??

The Chiss woman standing before her hesitated, and then shrugged. ?He was injured grievously. You probably won?t even recognize him anymore.? Left unspoken was the conviction that without his looks Jaina simply wouldn?t care.

Jaina let out a shaky breath. ?I still need to see him.?

The woman shrugged and motioned toward the door. ?His family has retired for the evening.?

?Family??

?They?ve been by his side since his recovery.?

?That was two years ago ??

?One member at a time. But the Fels are more like the Chiss than most people give them credit for. They will not abandon a vigil by his bed until his death.?

Jaina nodded slowly, but didn?t say anything. Instead she slipped into the medical room, bracing herself for the worst.

Lying motionless on a narrow bed, was Jagged Fel. As her eyes fell upon him, she knew who it was instantly, although physically it was impossible to recognize him. His face was scarred beyond recognition . . .

She slipped to his side, taking a seat in the chair beside him. ?Hi, flyboy,? she whispered, voice breaking. ?Miss me??

If there are no words
    No way to speak.
    I?d would still hear you.

She could almost hear his response ? both as it would have been before their ill-fated breakup and after. Of course I missed you. A simple stating of the facts.

Jag was always so precise.

?I never stopped loving you,? she confessed.

She could hear the sound of his laughter, a hint of bitterness to it. If you loved me, you wouldn?t have left.

The truth cut at her like a vibro blade. She placed one hand to her mouth, biting back a sob.

If there were no tears.
    No way to feel inside.
    I?d still feel for you.

Pain arched through her body, a mental anguish. ?This is my fault,? she sobbed. Hesitantly she reached out, trailing her fingers down his only familiar scar. ?You shouldn?t have ever been in this situation. You shouldn?t have had to fight . . . the Republic.?

But she knew that duty would have made it necessary. Even if they had still been dating when the crisis came up.

And even if the sun refused to shine.
    Even if romance ran out of rhyme.
    You would still have my heart until the end of time.

She had always meant to give him up. When the Vong War ended she had meant to move on with her life. To progress past the crush she had on an Imperial. In many ways she had feared loving him.

She had felt that her emotions for him would somehow come around and hurt her.

And yet, even now, he had her heart. With every beat of it, she knew that he was the only one that she ever would ? ever could ? love.

You?re all I need, my love,
    My valentine.

She caressed his face. ?I love you. You complete me.? Stupid, worthless words, but they represented the truth.

He was all that she had ever needed. He was the only person in the universe that could make her feel whole and complete.

?You?re all I need . . .? she whispered.

All of my life,
    I have been waiting for
    All you give to me.

As a teenager she had raced headlong after love. She had dreamed about it, craved it, and sought it out. Her rational was that love would complete her. It would make her perfect.

And then she?d met him.

But like a fool she hadn?t recognized that all she needed was with him. That all he gave h

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

That was excellent, Kissa! OMG, I loved it!!!
    Jaina/Jag 4eva!!!! [face_love]

Hey, wait, I'm a J/Z person ... :p

C @};- S

6. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    :_| *sobs*:_|

=D=

*sobs some more*

7. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: If Only
    Characters: Leia (with thoughts of Han)
    Summary: Just a few words about Leia and her feelings for Han. Angst in easy-to-swallow gelcaps.
    Notes: The song quoted in this mini-vig is "Like A Star" by Corinne Bailey Rae.

The parts in bold are the quoted lyrics. Leia's thoughts are in italics.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Too little, too late..."I love you"...thrown out of the light...just spoken all of a sudden, when it couldn't matter at all...I was stupid.

Leia placed the datapad on the desk, then shoved it with a violent push across the surface. She watched it fall onto the floor with a thud. And she could have quite frankly cared less.

Work had always been her refuge...her purpose...reason for being...whatever excuse she could think of at the time to justify why she threw herself into the cause. And did not let anything into herself that life had to offer.

Love, for example. You always kept that hihusa at bay, didn't you?

She leaned her elbows on the desk, and put her head in her hands.

Just like a star across my sky,
    Just like an angel off the page,
    You have appeared to my life,
    Feel like I'll never be the same

She raised her head. The late night music broadcast from Kinessa...her holosponder had been tuned in for most of the evening. Leia preferred working with some kind of music playing in the background. Always something light, easy on the ears, but not too comforting to make her drowsy. She rarely ever paid attention to the lyrics, but those words...

Still I wonder why it is,
    I don't argue like this,
    With anyone but you

It was true, they had argued so much. Two tempermental souls, always trying to establish dominance over the other. Silly. Love isn't about power. It's about being equal. Being together. Didn't that ever occur to you?

But how could she have known? She never understood that she felt anything for him. Oh, there had been admiration, a begrudging respect. And anger, so much of that...anger, an emotion which was so often destructive. And useless.

What could I have done differently? If only I had said something sooner...what would I have lost by telling him? I did know that I...love him. I realized it. But I couldn't admit it. Eternity be damned! What was wrong with me? And now, it's too late! He's gone! Taken away...and you could have said it before...you thought he would leave. Is that why you never told him? But he would have come back! In your heart, or somewhere, you knew he wouldn't stay away forever...Not of his own free will.

Nothing would have kept him from coming back.

From tonight I know that you're the only one,
    I've been confused and in the dark,
    Now I understand

The only one...what the Force gives, the Force can take away. She understood that now. Too well, completely, that he was the only one she had always wanted. She had wanted love in her life, and she had wanted him to be the one to love her. She had wanted to love him in return. It could have happened...it would have been glorious. Amazing, beautiful, terrifying...all of those things. And it would have been a gift...no, a blessing. Something to cherish, to keep, to know that they would always have each other in a strange yet perfectly sensible bond.

If she had said the words sooner...if only, if only, if only...

Leia placed her hands over her eyes, and then began to cry.

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks for the comments on mine.:)

leiamoody that was wonderful. The emotion came through beautifully.=D=

:_| You described Leia and Han perfectly. I just wish he wasn't dead. Poor Leia.

9. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Wow! That was great, leiamoody! =D=

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  11. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Excellent piece of work, RX_Sith!

Alright, the moment *some of us* have been waiting for![/color]

[b][hl=blue][color=white][u]THE *AWESOME CHALLENGE CENTRE*'S OFFICIAL ULTIMATE CHALLENGE[/b][/hl][/u][/color]

To enter, you must:

[li]Write a 3 paragraph or more vingnette starrring any of these pairings:[/li]

[i]-Han Solo & Leia Organa
    -Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade
    -Anakin Solo & Tahiri Veila
    -Jacen Solo & Tenel Ka
    -Jaina Solo & Zekk of Ennth, Jagged Fel or Kyp Durron[/i]

[li]The Conflict must be:[/li]

[i][The pairing of your choice] has a mission to accomplish.
    They must travel back in time, and prevent Anakin Skywalker from joining the Dark Side.
    You may choose how the conflict starts, and ends,[/i] [b]however[/b]...

[li]The piece of work must begin and end with these sentences:[/li]

[b]The Work Must begin with:[/b] [i]The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in eachother's warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when...[/i]

[b]...And Must End With:[/b] [i]And they all lived happily ever after, to the end of their days.[/i]

[li]Phrases You Must Use Are:[/li]

[b]Kriff it!
    How could you?
    What now!?
    I hate you!
    I love you![/b]

[li]And finally, I must ask that you post your Ultimate Challenge entry in a different thread, plus a link posted here, so that you will qualify to win.[/li]

[b]IN THIS CHALLENGE, THERE WILL BE 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th PLACES[/b]

[li]1st Place[/li]
    [i]- You win the title, the link to your winning entry in the 1st post of this thread and all the links to your other fics/vignettes that you want listed here.
    Yeah, free publicity! :p [/i]

[li]2nd Place[/li]
    [i]-You win the title, plus the link to your winning entry in the 1st post of this thread, plus links to 5 or less of your fics/vignettes.[/i]

[li]3rd Place[/li]
    [i]-You win the title, plus the link to your winning entry in the 1st post of this thread.
    Also, links to 3 or less of your fics/vignettes.[/i]

[li]4th Place[/li]
    [i]-You win the title, plus the link to your winning entry in the 1st post of this thread.
    Also, links to 2 (or less) of your fics/vignettes.[/i]

[li]5th Place[/li]
    Also, you may select one of your fics/vignettes (send me the link, of course) to be posted under your name in the 1st post of this thread.[/i]

[b]Anything lower than 5th place? Don't worry! I'm sure you did an awesome job![/b]

[li]ONE LAST THING[/li]
    [i]I am in need of [b]5 volunteer judges[/b].
    You will vote on each piece on a score of 1 to 10 (one being worse, and ten being best), plus list the author and the link to the entry.
    Of course, your names (with links to your bio) will be posted under "Judges" in the 1st post of this thread.[/i]

[b][u]Judges:[/u][/b]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=mastermeg_0228]mastermeg_0228[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Lola64]Lola64[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Aiden_Sanic]Aiden_Sanic[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Leia_of_Alderaan]Leia_of_Alderaan[/link]
    (1 more needed)

[b]FOR JUDGES ONLY:[/b] (but you can still read over this, if you want)

Here is how you are to judge an entry, and the form that you are to send to me:

Title:
    Author:
    Link: (not in UBBC code format, just the URL)
    Quality:
    Overall Plot:
    1st Sentence? (give 5 points if used)
    Last Sentence? (give 5 points if used)
    Required Words? (give 10 points if all are used, 5 otherwise)
    Right Pairing (one of those mentioned)? (5 points)
    Spelling? (5 points if everything is spelled right, if not, give only 2)
    Punctuation? (give 10 points if everything is correct, 8 otherwise)
    Your Overall Satisfaction with the entry: (1-10, if you want to give extra credit, it must be reasonable)

I will copy and paste this to a file and record the overall score.
    The entry with the highest score will win, and so it goes.

[i]O

12. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    oh my gosh, i really dislike this thread now!!!!

you know how many plot bunnies are being spawned from just the phrases you must use!!!!!!!!!

and i just finished the songfic challenge!!!:( I can't have plot bunnies yet[face_shame_on_you]

meg

13. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    ok i just got the songfic back from my master who did an excellent job betaing so here it is

Road of Love Series

i had to post it in its own thread because it's become much longer than i would like!
    *darn those plot bunnies*

meg

14. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    OMG, I <3 your entry, meg!!!

I am still looking for 5 more volunteer judges!
    I will add the judges and links to their profiles in this post, my previous post, and the 1st post of this thread.

[face_praying]

C @};- S

15. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    ok so what are the parameters of a judge? can we still do the challenge? is it possible we could still win? and what does judging entail?

meg
    and thank you

16. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Yes, Judges may participate!
    However, they cannot grant their own entry higher than a six.

C @};- S

17. mastermeg_0228

Jan 24, 2006
    ok well then count me in, i'll be a judge!

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]
    meg

18. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    one question
    How long does it have to be before it ceases to be a vignette?

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I don't really care how long it is. As long as you don't have to post it separately.

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Desperate Call For Judges!

21. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  22. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Um, ookay. :D

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Boy Court, that is some challenge.:eek: I'd like to see some of those entries.

Since there's no chance I could ever come up with something for that, I'll volunteer as judge.

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I know, it kicks butt, doesn't it! ;) :p

Yes! I LOVE you for volunteering! :p

C @};- S

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    By the way, the Rules and Regulations have been added to.
    Nothing too drastic, just thought I'd let y'all know.

:)

C @};- S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.