main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AzureAngel2s Secret Garden: Fanart for "Cat litter", 8th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by AzureAngel2, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Your last pieces of art are great, Azure [:D]

Your potrait of Mr. Scrooge is impressive. I don't know, how to express it, but I think it fits him very well. You may not draw as detailed as others, but you are able to caught the character of a person. Mr. Scrooge looks very mean and dangerous, like he is. Before a certain visit of some Ghosts, of course :D
    (to say it in german, since I don't be sure it's understandable: Du bist dazu in der Lage, den Charakter/Stimmung einer Person einzufangen und auf beeindruckende Weise zum Ausdruck zu bringen. Mr.Scrooge wirkt auf deinem Bild fies und bedrohlich, wie er halt so ist)

Your second drawning, I think it's a queen, looks interesting. I guess, I'm a little bit clueless, what it's meaning may be.

The Thrawn looks great and is very impressive as well [face_love]

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *blushes due to so many compliments!*

Danke, Kiki! Das habe ich gebraucht!

*hugs a dear friend!*

And now let me show you what I will give another JC friend in person soon:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Tyspicture.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Tyspicturecomestolive.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/TyrannusversusYoda.jpg]

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Wonderful as usual :)

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    very good nicole. i like it quite a bit. you've definitely gotten a lot of control of your brush strokes to add depth to the picture.

:snoopy

5. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    [:D] Nicole*

That's a great picture of Yoda and Tyranus. Although I have to admit I needed some seconds to recognize Yoda, I oversee him [face_blush]
    Tyranus/Dooku was easy, you are looking right at him, when you are looking at the picture. Er fällt einem sofort ins Auge :D

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    [:D] Those are absolutely wonderful, Nicole! You have a lot of talent. Do you ever plan to do painting as a part-time job? My uncle does sell his photos sometimes. You do tons for friends and I am wondering if you've ever thought to do them to sell at all?

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Lovely! ;) :D The dark colors for the background are so appropriate--it definitely gives an ominous feel to the piece--and the lightsabers are unmistakable! I really love the way you just touched Dooku's features with a little light from the weapons--the "skeletal" look to his is also very good! Wonderful!

FF

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    As I've said before, it's wonderful! [:D] =D= Really like it!

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Love those Nicole, they look awesome.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Earwen, because I am so utterly stressed out at present there will be more soon! Mostley it helps for me to develope idears when I am very emotinal! I wish you all your best for the up-coming wedding!

Dear Trimaj, I did actually realize after I did that picture that I had mixed acryl & water colours, meh! But that helped a bit for the effect. I also did draw Thraw´s hair with some eye brow brush that I never use. Oh and inbetween I mess around with toothpicks! So it is NOT always a brush!

Dear Cem... *carefully gets Ty out of your eyes... he, he!*... Yoda moved around so quick that it was painful to paint him. He should NOT aply for GERMANY´S EXT TOP MODEL when he is so jumpy. *giggles!* And Ty is a bit like a vampire. Always lurking around in the shadows... they are both too extreme for a model job. *bursts out in laughter!*

Dear Bultar, I just paint for my private pleasure and I do NOT think that my pictures would sell that good! Perhaps this is still my upsetment with my Art professor giving me C-levels for my examination folder plus my Big Book examination project! But thanks for your tip!

Dear FF, thanks for understanding that light & shadow effect as much as Tyrannus230 did. It is actually my present for him and I hope to hand it over to him in person one fine day, with a smiley DU standing behind me.

Dear Chilla, there will be some surprise coming up soon. But unfortunatley that very painting was too big for all the scanners in town. I took a picture of it with my old fashioned camera in the end. And I must try to send it off to the US soon for somebody´s birthday...

Dear Angel, I am glad you think this way and let me tell you that I did like the Swedish song for the Eurovision contest!

But well, let me give you all something nice that was too big to be scanned in. NOT even from my HP printer, but the local copy shops also could NOT do it properly. Here is the proof how big it is, my feet, the Thrawn painting, the "Tyrannus versus Yoda" one and then the original version of Aalya Secura with 6 other female jedi knights:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Allpictures.jpg]

Due to some personal reasons the thrid painting did change it´s nature and became a strange, almost surreal death scene. But Aalya is NOT alone when she dies, because 6 women allready wait for her in the force. Here is a collection of the parts I was able to scan in:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Picture1.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Picture2.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Picture3.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Picture4.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Picture5.jpg]

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
  12. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    Your new art is wonderful =D= The deathscene is sad, but also hopeful, because of the women, which are waiting for her. I was being able to name Shaak Ti, Bariss Ofee, I think one of them is Depa Bilapa and the other three I can't name, because I don't know their name.
    It's very well done and so wonderful[:D]

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I like to boldness of some of the strokes especially with the red paint. Wonderfully executed. =D=

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cem_Fel wrote: "The deathscene is sad, but also hopeful, because of the women, which are waiting for her."

I completely agree...the emotion here is very powerful (something that imbues most of your work!), and somehow, knowing Aayla was not "alone" but greeted in the Force by those who went before her, and cared for her, is very comforting and uplifting... A very mythical theme--very powerful, indeed! =D= Beautiful colors, they match perfectly with the surroundings of her demise, and also convey more of that emotion, too. Just beautiful Azure!

FF

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Nat, I am always happy to make you happy!

*smiles!*

Dear Kiki, the picture shows (from left to right) Luminara Unduli, Aalya Secura, Yaddle, Bultar Swan, Shaak Ti, Depa Bilapa and Barriss Offee. Here is the actual developement the picture did undergo:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Paintingstudio1.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Paintingstudio2.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/Paintingstudio3.jpg]

Dear Jada, the boldness of the strokes came suddenly over me. Out of the sudden I did decide against a peaceful scenery in the jedi temple and did try to draw the strange flowers of Felucia. And the white-blue flash of light shows the very moment when Bly´s laser blast hits her from behind. Then I took some kittchen paper and gave the other jedi knights a blue glow.

Dear FF, yes, the deathscene is sad, but not without any hope. I did actually listen to a song from BLACKMOORE´S NIGHT when I did add the force ghost shimmer to the other female jedi knights:

"I stood out here once before
    With my head held in my hands
    For all that I had known of this place
    I could never understand...

On the hills the fires burned at midnight
    Superstition plagued the air
    Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight
    The stars are out and magic is here...

I wished on the Seven Sisters
    Bring to me wisdom of age
    All that´s locked within the book of secrets
    I longed for the knowledge of the sage...

So, the sisters smiled to themselves
    And they wispered as they shone
    And it was from that very instant
    I knew I would never be alone...

While on the hills
    The fires burned at midnight

Many stars were long forgotten
    Many faded and became ghosts
    Still my sisters glittered down from heaven
    Always there when I needed them most...

And on the hills the fires burned at midnight

I stood out here once before
    With my head held in my hands
    For all that I had known of this place
    I could never understand

The stars are out and magic is here
    The stars are out and magic is here"

(song from the album FIRES AT MIDNIGHT, 2001 Steamhammer, produced by Pat Regan and Ritchie Blackmore)

Yes, I put a lot of emotion in my painting, thinking of my beloved master & commander:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Braunschweig%20BRD/EasterfireinMascherode6.jpg]

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    oooo! Thanks for showing it in the various stages!

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are welcome, Nat!

*hugs!*

And please wait for more soon! I am pretty upset this week and painting helps. And it is also good against putting on weight with mad chocolate orgies!

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow--you did a lot of research for this piece, Azure--a whole lot more than I usually do for my own stuff! :p Great job--and we'll be looking forward to more! :D

FF

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh Mummie, it looks wonderful! I agrre with Kiki that it's so great it's a hopeful picture despite the sadness of her death! I imagine her being welcomed by her fellow Jedi with opened arms. =D= [:D]

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thank you for explaining the process. I think it is always interesting to hear what is going thru the artist's mind as they work. :)

21. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    I agree, the pictures about the different stages of the pictures are really interesting :)

22. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Those are great paintings, mum! [:D]

23. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I agree those are nice paints. I admired artist because they can bring feelings in their paints.

Nice art work Azure and thank you for the link.

[:D]

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, when you want to put some jedi on a piece of canvas then you better check out facts & figures about them. And I do NOT only buy SW merchandize to make GL rich. Those SW books are quiet helpful resources at times.

See, Theresa, even when I am totally down I never lose all hope and there is always somebody out there waiting for me with open arms and much love: DU, Kiki, Frank, you...

I never painted such a big painting ever before... and I changed my mind so often while painting it. First of all I just took the pictures for my beloved DU darling to show him what I do in his physical absence, but then I wanted to chare it with all visitors of this garden.

Now you know why my carpet has strange spots at times, dear Kiki!

The last picture is actually for your up-coming birthday, Frank. But you were so sad the past days that I wanted to give you a wee sneak preview. I still need to send the picture to the US somehow!

Dear Patty, you are very, very welcome about it and yes, I am glad that the madness of my own government does inspire me these days. Otherwise I would burst with anger or cry non-stop. But this way I stay calm & balanced against all odds.

25. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    I never registered them [face_blush] But I tend to ignore mine as well... There were some accidents in the past, that involve acryl-lack... It's glittering in metallic silver at some places, now :D8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.