main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor B2EMO

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    All part of the GGFFA, where all everyday appliances talk like English butlers.

Sarge likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Cassian is so edge he has a droid named "Be Too Emo". We really need a show about Cassian's teen years.

TCF-1138 , Siphonophore and EHT like this.
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I hear he's a fan of Panic! At The Cantina.

TCF-1138 , EHT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And Fall To The Dark Side Boy.

TCF-1138 , EHT and Siphonophore like this.
  5. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    And Taking Back Life Day.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Cassian really should have put a dark wig on him that hangs down over his eye.

7. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe he can borrow one from Luthen.

TCF-1138 , Pro Scoundrel and EHT like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Just...And They Shall Know Us By The Trail of the Dead.

9. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I like him. His stutter is cute. Hopefully he will show up later on.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Cassian's relationship to B2 and later K2 implies intervening appearances by C2, D2, E2, F2, G2, H2, I2 and J2.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    But what about A2? Was there A2 at some point on Kenari? :D

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Will we see B2 again? Obviously Ferrix is not done and dusted yet with the Imperials moving in.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cassian's still the unwitting instigator of all the chaos on Ferrix, so ISB will likely visit Maarva and potentially interrogate B2.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Maarva seems pretty cagey. I wouldn’t be surprised if the moment she was in the clear her and B2EMO picked up for parts unknown. It’s Cassian’s other friends who might be swept up.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  15. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I recently picked up the 3 3/4" fig of B2, and while looking at it (playing with it), I was reminded of something. A jumping spider. B2 has circular black eyes of two different sizes, like a jumping spider. He has extending pagoda-like tiers, allowing different tools to be utilized, and then collapses in order to protect said devices and hardware. Perhaps the collapsing phase also functions as a coil preload, in preparation for a jump. Now, I'm not exactly sure why a droid would need to jump, other than to navigate technical terrain that is too tricky to simply roll through. Maybe this type of droid is not equipped with rocket boosters, like astromechs have, so a different propulsion method is used.
    Flipping windup toys come to mind:

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet, LedReader and Sarge like this.
  16. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    So when you realised this, did you do the right thing and run away screaming?

17. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Nah. Spiders don't bother me, with the exception being black widows. Those I squish. B2 also reminds me a bit of the red crabs of Christmas Island.

Bor Mullet and DannyD like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heartbreaking seeing B2 seem to loose his nerve, despite being a droid. Really reinvigorates those existential questions about droids in the GFFA, or at least shows what happens when a droid looses its purpose.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You can't see how B2 mourned in this episode and not think that droids in the GFFA should have rights.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Still in-universe it seems to be matter of how often they are mind-wiped. Especially in case of astromechs and alike. Longer they stay without wipe, more personality they get.

21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    This guy was best part of the whole season imo, well developed concept, good effects, funny. Did a lot of heavy lifting towards adding that GFFA-feeling to the production. =D=

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    I couldn't find a Maarva thread so thought I'd post here.

It was sad to see someone dying in SW without bring shot or blown up. Second only to Yoda. Vader was close too but he didn't die through age nor illness really.

B2 (and of course Andor) captured this brilliantly. I felt sad watching both their reactions; B2's loss while being with Maarva and Andor's loss while not being there for/with her because of the Empire.

IG_2000 likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    B2 also looks a lot like a red, four-wheeled tubular shop vac I have.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    Siphonophore, DannyD and Amakul like this.
  24. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    B2 hit a lot of people in the feels last episode.
    It’s why I’m convinced Maarva has passed. If not, it would take away from his award winning performance. ^:)^

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I was surprised by the amount of compassion the humans had for B2. He was obviously much more than an appliance to them.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.