main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

GregMcP, jasman and Krueger like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean we all assumed that but it’s good to just say it outright

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  6. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Hey, if good old Sheev Palpatine got some action, why not Yoda. That may have been the shoddy side of Coruscant.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They're the heroes Australia needs:

[​IMG]

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so is Mando going to either find Baby Yoda's "people" (more Yodas) or people as in Jedi (which has a bad end since Luke is the Last jedi) or will he not find either and we end up with Baby Yoda and Mando together, which I am fine with. I'm so glad they didn't write the kid off in the final episode, it seems like they're there to stay.

Hoping for a full on Baby Yoda's Day Out episode in S2.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Baby Yoda stays with the Mando and together they become the new heirs of Mandalore.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but...

Baby Yoda meets The Maker!

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    there's something profound about that

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Favreau’s a genius. You know how you renew an old franchise? Introduce a baby version of an old fan favorite. Simple, but spot on. That photo with George and Yodaling says it all.

It’s like the Mandalorian, standing in for us viewers, “found Star Wars again” at the end of Chapter 1. There was almost something cathartic about it.

There’s a good mind in that big noggin of his.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Shadao likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I posted a link to the Lucas/Baby Yoda story over in the SWC Baby Yoda fan club thread.

Shadao likes this.
  16. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That photo is genuinely charming.

Shadao and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Find someone that will look at you like that girl on set is looking at George Lucas looking at Baby Yoda.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It looks like George is meeting his newborn child for the first time. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  20. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I have a theory: could Palpatine be the one looking for Baby Yoda? His son was a disappointment (most likely), Anakin is dead, and Rey hadn't been born yet. Maybe he wants Baby Yoda dead or he wants to train him as his apprentice.

Or some of his essence is in Baby Yoda.

nilzo antonio and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well whats weird is that "the client" wanted the baby dead, while the odd lone scientist Dr. Pershing wanted it alive on what appears to be humanitarian grounds. Either method of delivery was apparently OK. Gideon comes along, and wants "the child", on the surface he appears to be the one that wanted the child all along.

Snoke would have already been around and active, he was created in secret by the Sith Eternal and Sidious - since this character existed during the Clone Wars or right at the end(he witnessed the rise and fall of the First Galactic Empire). Snoke and Palpatine wanting this child for its DNA and Force power are logical conclusions but at the same time it could just be Gideon trying to become the new "Emperor" and may need this creature because of its power in the Force. Whether he's working for someone else(possible) or not(also possible). The finale really sets everything up for a rivalry and showdown with The Mando and Moff Gideon, Gideon is respobble for the deaths of Mandalorians and he has the darksaber.

Suspecting the direction and team, the most likely event is that Djarin kills Gideon and takes the sword, and its possible that the Mando might be Force sensitive too even - he just has not been awakened yet. I really do not see Mando having any showdown with the Empire, or First Order, or Snoke or any type of big character especially like Palpatine in this series. They could be setting Djarin up to be the next Mand'alor, whether that means he leads his people against the First Order much later on its possible.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I have a feeling we'll get a Baby Yoda centric episode in S2, I mean it's kind of all Baby Yoda centric but like a whole episode where they just wander off and we follow their POV.

GregMcP likes this.
  23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I can see it in my mind's eye. All filmed with the camera 1 foot off the ground.

It starts on the Razor Crest, with you/him/the camera intently looking at a glowing switch. His little froggy hand reaches out....

24. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    it upsets me that people need this explained. I heard two coworkers talking about it when the show was first coming out and i wanted to force-choke both of them. One was insisting that this show took place 900 years before A New Hope, since "Yoda is a baby."

How does a person not pay attention to a story this poorly?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Sarge, nilzo antonio and cwustudent like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    is...is this a thing?

cwustudent likes this.