main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I maintain that the premise of the show is the adventure Din shares with his LGM. I doubt Baby Yoda will disappear this season, he's probably going to remain with Din until just before the series finale, which I believe will focus on the return to Mandalore.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Just watched Chapter 12
    So Baby Yoda is being used to experiment on people and try to make them force sensitive?

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Child is not a clone now.

Also does m-count stand for midichlorian count? Is this the first time Disney mentioned them? Baby Yoda must be high in midichlorians.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They got around Midichlorians by not actually saying Midichlorians.

As for the child. i find it even harder to believe they would take the child away from Mando after this episode.

cwustudent and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah he aint going as long as Gideon lives.

5. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    That and you would lose those comedic moments between the 2. and taking that away from Mando just means none of those.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So huh is his first word :p

7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    The adorable Baby once again cheers for homicide.

seeker_two likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Baby Yoda has saved 2020 for me.

seeker_two and Krueger like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nothing can save this for forsaken year, but he is still as adorable as ever.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In all seriousness, The Mandalorian season 2 has saved 2020 for me. Or at least very much softened the blow.

B3, Bor Mullet, DannyD and 2 others like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I've seen people online talking about Baby Yoda's adorableness wearing out it's welcome, but his antics have really helped my peace of mind. I don't think I will ever get tired of Baby Yoda.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they just want him to do something other than be cute. Right now he’s a just a cute plot device

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So yah "M count" I thought it was a random letter maybe N count but M Midichorlians count makes sense. I think they're trying to make Baby Yoda clones and just failing miserably. As for the kid himself, he was able to Force move something to himself without passing out which is a step up. Honestly it was like 3 minutes of Baby Yoda looking at cookies.

Oh and Baby Yoda trying to fix the ship and getting zapped was great too, just when Mando was trying to tell them the difference between blue and green.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Cloning baby wouldn't be that beneficial. Whose gonna look after all the baby yodas?

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well that level of cuteness could destroy the galaxy.:p

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You get a baby Yoda! You get a baby Yoda!

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    They didn’t want to get around it. It’s just a realistic way for a scientist to speak. Using abbreviated terms. If they actually wanted to get around it, why would they include a major plot point (using midichlorian-rich blood for creating artificial force sensitives) that relies explicitly on midichlorians? They could have just...not gone there. At all. Instead they went there in a big way, leaning into the canonicity of midichlorians. Just think for a second before posting...

This is the kind of illogical complaint that gets really tiresome in fandom. Lucasfilm does something that shows they’re incorporating the PT, but they get damned for not incorporating it in the exact ways fans demand...and even get accused of disrespecting the material for not using it in that narrow way. Makes me wanna pull my remaining black hairs out.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Have you all heard the rumors about Baby Yoda's name?

This is only a rumor, but

Grogu!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I haven’t seen this discussed at all for some reason, but before the little kid in the class says “No!” to Baby Yoda’s cookie overtures, the kid’s face contorts confusedly for a moment, as if something was probing his mind. It looked a lot like Baby Yoda tried a Jedi mind trick, and failed. Can anyone confirm my interpretation? I’m quite sure of it, after three viewings.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  20. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    That was a strange moment I've wondered about, and I dig your idea. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I was half expecting the kid to say "I will give you my cookies", and hand them over.

I think that I was expected to think that, and his "no" was intended as a surprise for the audience.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. But doesn’t that imply that Baby Yoda may have tried and failed to use a mind trick on him? Otherwise, why did he make that face?

The Chalk Jedi and GregMcP like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Because he was agonizingly resisting the cuteness and refusing to succumb and join the Baby Yoda FB page.

24. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I’m still somewhat curious as to how the Child was separated from the Imperials in the first place. Like, why was the Mandalorian hired in the first place? Who were the raiders he gunned down in episode 1?

Vohnkar and cwustudent like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe Ahsoka ties into it somehow.
    rumor has it Din and Ahsoka will but heads this episode. Maybe its because Ahsoka knows its Din who expunged the Little Green Man from his protection