main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so with everyone loving Baby Yoda I get the feeling the season will end with it being shipped off to somewhere else for safekeeping, but since everyone loves it, would they bring them back for Season 2?

Although maybe the whole series is basically Mandalorian and a Yoda baby, like that's what the show is about, not just season 1.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So it’s more or less confirmed now that they wanted to clone the baby.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They wanted it cloned.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Now the real question is who was the Clients boss

Master_Rebado and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sloane?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am going to assume it’s Moff Gideon

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe but they both seems to me that they are both more or less at the same rank. Maybe Moff Gideon has contacts with the first order.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Would the first order be called the first order by this point? Or would it still be the empire

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sloane calls it the firsr order in the last sentence of the final aftermath books. And this is 4 years after jakku, And they are still a small group compared to the empire, but are clawing their way into the new republic's politics and corrupting them while also using thugs and making them grow. I can see the first order already getting the name and growing in wealth and power, and they cn use these war lords like Moff Gideon to sow chaos and make blind eye to them. For all we know Snoke is already the Supreme leader and making his moves around the unknown regions.

IlhamKamaruddin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right I completely forgot about that

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Star Wars has among other things planet-destroying weapons, laser swords, and a magical energy field that can be manipulated through microscopic life forms but species aging a little different is when we’re worried about believability?

Bor Mullet and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars has never been realistic in almost anything

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I love when we see the world through Baby Yoda's eyes.

He's floating along looking, absorbing everything with wide eyes, and we are supposed to do the same.

When the Madi fights, Baby Yoda is shown watching. Absorbing it all.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    No. But that wouldn't be just a little different. It is already a little different, by having a life span of 900 years where at 50 years old the kid is just a kid. A toddler, on top of that. Crazy jumps in age wouldn't work for me. You do you, I do me. Or something like that.

There is a lack of diversity in many aspects in what George Lucas has created, and then there's a lot of diversity in other aspects. Somehow all the planets have the same gravity, each planet is mostly characterized by a certain environment, a large variety of species are just humanoids with certain real world animal characteristics etc. So within the universe that GL has created, each one of us feels familiarity with certain concepts and visuals, and one of them is for me a somewhat linear progression of age, with a certain degree of freedom of course. So within the universe itself, I can already accept new planets with the same gravity and monotonous environments. And I can accept lightsabers, because they are actually not that crazy of a concept.

There are multiple ways where I wouldn't need to suspend my disbelief and would explain Yoduski's age, such as decelerated growth, rounding up or down of previously mentioned numbers (maybe Yoda was exaggerating when he said he had been training Jedi Knights for 800 years for example) and many more. But if they want me to think that at 50 years old the kid is a toddler and at 100 years old he could potentially train Jedi Knights, that doesn't work for me, because I keep thinking that the sole reason to do this is to make the script convenient, so it would take me out of the movie/show. I would rather not even have to think about it, rather than trying to create headcanon instead.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Great catch! Bet Favreau forgot about that line in TESB and nobody at Lucasfilm noticed/told him. They will of course explain it in supplementary material that Yoda's species age differently, but I don't think that was Favreau's original intention.

I don't think they wanted to clone the baby. I think they wanted to extract/clone the midichlorians from the baby and figure out how to make someone artificially Force sensitive. Perhaps they want to create a new Emperor as they think that is their only chance to restore the Empire. Brings back Jedi Outcast memories, good times...

The Empire doesn't exist anymore. The hardliners either died or escaped into the UR. The guys we saw so far are just criminals pretending to be something more.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
  17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think SW Explained said maybe it wouldn't be an ongoing thing after E1. Thank goodness it is!

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I really hope Baby Yoda doesn't talk... He's perfect as is. I think all that good will will go down the drain if he does! :oops:

19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This was basically Disney's thought process:

[​IMG]

:p

DarthKreVass, BigAl6ft6 and Krueger like this.
  20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He is still so adorable

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love little bavy yoda, love how he's got a little comedy relief about him, with him drinking his tea while mando and rebel girl fight.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder whether they tried to extract Baby Yodas dna (because of how long his species live) to prolong a certain "back from the dead" persons life...? You know who! :oops:Is this even possible within the rules of the GFFA?? Who knows...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I just hope the payoff is satisfying. No pressure, Favreau! We also know from MSW
    that more members of Yoda's species appear in Chapter 6, so I'm guessing we'll find out more then.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
    Avnar likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Aren't we supposed to spoiler tag items from unaired episodes?