main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

back to the future returns

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by whisperjedi, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    does anyone have more information in regards to the upcoming Blu ray release and scheduled bollywood remake?

2. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Are they really coming out on Blu-ray?

The only information I've got is about the upcoming DVDs. Some info about that here and here.

It's odd that they only go DVD on these films and not Blu-ray. [face_thinking]

About that Bollywood film, the only thing I've read is this.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I have only two words to say in response to this:

Indian. Superman.

Watch, if you dare.

4. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Official street release is Feb. 10, 2009. And the bollywood remake is entitled "Action Replay". The new two-disc BTTF, seems to have new material, however, BTTF2&BTTF3 is indentical to it's 2002 version. Ifis doesn't come out on blu-ray as well, just watch it on upscale dvd/ps3 player (converts 2 1080p).

"gotta get back in time".

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    wasn't there a BttF cartoon at one point? Did that ever reach DVD? Was it as bad as The Weird Al Show?

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Bollywood Back to the Future?

Oh man, I must see this.

7. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    there was a bttf cartoon following the events of bttf3. It had doc. Brown's kids...jules&verne... Plus Einstein the dog. I never had the pleasure of watching this itself...and there was the short lived comic book....which may have been much like the cartoon. On a micheal j. Fox tangent...teen wolf, the cartoon was pretty neat.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I remember watching one episode of the BttF cartoon. Doc and the kids went on a picnic back in dinosaur times. All was well and good until a meteor was headed right for them. Doc used science to stop the meteor but when they went home dinosaurs had taken over the world! Including some sort of Biff/T-Rex hybrid.

9. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Universal released Back 2 the future: 2 disc special edition, & the other sequels...Feb.10. On DVD. For those willing 2 wait... BTTF on Blu-ray will happen later this year...perhaps as soon as April.

10. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Does this new release correct the framing problems with the DVD from a few years ago? I understand the so-called widescreen discs actually contained hacked-up full screen pictures.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah the framing was off and spoiled a few shots in the movie as well as obscuring some plot-related visual information and a boom mike or too, IIRC. One reason why I never picked it up- didn't want to fuss through finding the ones with the dot on the packaging indicating they were a corrected release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.