main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bad Batch - Unaired Echo arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 9, 2015.

1. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Well, I rewatched the Malevolence trilogy and in Destroy Malevolence, Padme is supposed to be going to negotiate a treaty with the Banking Clan, but is instead pulled into the Malevolence. And when Padme is on her way to the malevolence, she makes a comment about how if the Banking Clan leaves the Separatist Alliance, "it would go a long way to shortening this war". So, maybe they eventually did meet and agreed that the Banking Clan would be neutral and conduct business with the Separatist and Republic. But, when San Hill pledged allegiance to them in AOTC, it only lasted for the first months of the war.

2. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I don't for one moment buy the notion that any of those groups were "neutral". Going all the way back to the invasion of Naboo, we see what they are doing to innocent systems. That's not neutral.

3. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Well, the Banking Clan (San Hill) were never showed invading anyone but I believe their just lying about neutrality to continue business with the Republic as San Hill has a seat on the council in ROTS. But the Trade Federation and Techno Union invaded innocent planets (Ryloth, etc.) and they were obviously liars and fully aligned with the Separatists.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    I finally watched these and they were great :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Avatarfire

Mar 9, 2015
    Does anyone think that Filoni was influenced by gun-fu and kung-fu films in directing this episode? Those sweeping one-shots are amazing, as the clones are charging into the cyber outpost.

6. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I finally got around to watching the first episode of this the other day. I have to say, I have absolutely no desire to watch any more of this arc.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Why would that be?

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Wat's neutral and he knows it.

9. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I found it boring, and bad batch to be overly generic.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    After re-watching this ARC again for the first time today I had some thoughts the biggest being.

Why not apply Rex's Algorithm to other battles and not just for Anaxes (RIP)?

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think that was what Rex was doing prior to the arc, using the algorithm to predict the outcomes of the battles.

However, Trench had his copy of the algorithm, which made it unsafe to use afterwards.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes your right, he used it all the way back when they lost echo at the Citadel.

Sudooku likes this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I turned it off after the first episode, and I've never done that before. Bringing Echo back, I think it cheapens Fives' death. Tambor's escape offscreen? Bantha poodoo. Of all arcs to "finish," why did it have to be this one? Perhaps I've missed something. I'd gladly listen to defense.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    My guess Filoni got attached to a few of his Clone creations and could not let them go. Gregor and Echo I think should've stayed dead, bringing them back took away all the drama and honor of it all. Wolffe and Gregor could not even be killed off in Rebels against the AT-AT, which could've gave Rex more incentive to join up with the Resistance.

cwustudent and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They finished this one because the only lines that need to be voiced was for the clones and Dee was already working on rebels.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This arc will definitely be a highlight for me to see in all its full glory. TCW was always at its best IMO when it was telling stories about the Clones themselves, it also hits its stride when it pulls back the curtain. This arc accomplishes both those things.

18. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    There are differences between the story reel and the shot from the trailer.
    Story reel:Rex stands in the middle when they exit the hangar.
    Trailer: Anakin stands in the middle.
    Story reel: They begin talking.
    Trailer:They look at a fleet of Venators.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This may be a real switcheroo. However...

This could be real or it could be the result of trailer editing. Trailers are often edited to make a scene flow quite a bit different from how it goes in the actual production.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I speculated that this shot of Rex, Anakin, and Hunter is actually them watching the forces go to Kashyyyk as we know at least some of the Bad Batch crew take part in that battle. In other words this shot may actually be from the untold Kashyyyk arc, and they may be producing that arc instead of just finishing the Bad Batch arc. But having this shot be a part of it could be an homage to that unfinished arc where a small part of it is finished in this way. They may need to explain the Bad Batch also so this could be a short intro in that vain.

By the same token I could see them incorporating flashbacks from Son of Dathomir arc when we see Maul in “Siege of Mandalore” as an homage and a way to catch up viewers who did not read it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett and Gudenruben2 like this.
  21. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Since Tom Kane confimred that he recorded lines for 5 new episodes, I think we will get either that arc or the Sith temple arc.

Watto likes this.
  22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What's Earth to Echo have to do with this?

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    4 episodes will be the Siege of Mandalore. That leaves one episode only, and chances are that he probably recorded a few new (or revised) lines for the existing unfinished arcs. Specially when we take into account that he's the narrator.

24. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I really hope we get the Son of Dathomir Arc animated. It's essential to Maul's story and reading it as a comic just doesn't have the same impact.

Also, i'm 99% sure the Bad Batch won't be a part of the 12 episodes. Maybe that and Crystal Crisis are realased as individual episodes, taking the total up to 20. But I don't belive they'll be 4/8 of the 12 episodes.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    I doubt Yoda will have a big role in the Sieg of Mandalore.