main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bad Boys, JEDI Style

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wawoot, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Nice update! Poor Obi-Wan. :p

2. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    CORY IS OBI-WANS SON ISNT HE?!?!?!

3. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    He he he! This is getting way to hilarious! Well, Qui-Gon I bet you didn't know you had a grandson did you? *goes off on more laughing fits*

4. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Chapter 23: I'm so glad Anakin is finally a Knight! I feel bad for Obi-Wan though- he has no clue on the real reason why Anakin wants to work alone.

Chapter 24: I wonder what Qui-Gon will say about Cory's true origins when he finds out?? [face_thinking]

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh my goodness...I think I have an idea...but not too sure...

This is getting crazy alright! I can't wait til the next post!

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha, love that the others watching Jedi would tease aobut Anakin's kidding techniques.

"Yes, I can understand that," he agreed respectfully. "It has only been eleven years since you passed the trials yourself. Forgive me for moving on so quickly; I did not mean to appear uncaring," he apologized, his blue eyes twinkling mischievously.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That is great!

Ahhh, no wonder Qui-Gon found Cory special. Can't wait till he find out!!

Superb post!!

7. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Are you sure Anakin isn't the Chosen One in this 'verse? :p Because not everyone can take down 2 Jedi masters in less than 8 minutes! :eek:

I loved Obi-Wan's proudness :D - and his sadness. :_| And it's great to finally meet Cory. [face_mischief]

8. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 25

Leila looked up from her holo-broadcast, startled by a quiet knock on the door. It was well after dark; Leila did not live in the best neighborhood, and a visitor this late at night could only mean trouble. Frowning, she tip-toed quietly to the door and looked out through the peephole.

Then she smiled, her eyes glistening happily and her heart filling with a joyful warmth as she saw the familiar brown-cloaked figure standing on her doorstep. Her heart fluttered excitedly as she unlocked the multiple deadbolts on her door and greeted her visitor.

"Obi-Wan," she smiled fondly, inviting him inside. It had been months since she had seen him. His hair and beard had grown even more unkempt and scraggly than the last time, and he looked uncharacteristically tired; but his blue-green eyes sparkled with their usual cheerfulness as he came inside her little apartment, nodding politely.

"Hello, Leila," he said quietly, with a fond smile. "I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

"No, of course not," Leila assured him warmly, her heart still beating happily to see him. "The kids are in bed; please, come in," she said, inviting him into the living room. "Would you like some tea?"

"Oh. Yes, thank you," he said politely, taking a seat on the couch. He looks tired, Leila thought worriedly, as she went to the kitchen to start the water boiling. I hope he's all right...

"It's good to see you," she smiled fondly, returning to the living room and sitting in the armchair across from him. "How have you been?" she asked hopefully.

"Very well, thank you," he replied softly, with a shy grin. "It's good to see you too, Leila. How are Jon and Kyra?"

"Oh, they're fine," Leila smiled cheerfully. Jon was seven and Kyra three; they were the result of her two previous marriages, and Obi-Wan was always kind enough to ask after them when he visited, though he had never met them. "How is Cory?" she asked quietly.

"He's well," Obi-Wan assured her gently, nodding. "Actually, that's what I came to tell you," he added somewhat apologetically, in an attempt to explain his unexpected visit. "Qui-Gon has taken him as his padawan."

"He has?" Leila asked, with a delighted smile. "That's wonderful!" Then she realized the implications. "Does Qui-Gon know?" she asked hesitantly.

"No," Obi-Wan sighed, smiling ruefully. "Not yet, anyway," he added, shaking his head in defeat. "He wants me to have dinner with him tomorrow night; I don't know what I'm going to do," Obi-Wan admitted, at a loss.

"Oh," Leila said, hanging her head sadly as she realized the difficult position Obi-Wan was in now. "Obi-Wan, I'm sorry," she apologized, dismayed. "I never meant to... Do you think he will guess?" she asked worriedly.

"I don't know," Obi-Wan replied quietly. "And this is not your fault, Leila," he reassured her, with a tender, regretful smile. "I didn't mean to worry you, I just - " he shrugged tiredly, shaking his head. "I had to tell someone," he admitted, smiling at her in gratitude.

Leila nodded, understanding. "Of course," she agreed tenderly. "It's not good to keep everything inside, Obi-Wan," she smiled affectionately. "And I am sorry; I hope - " she broke off, tears springing to her eyes. "I hope it's all right; I hope you don't get into trouble," she cried sadly. The teapot was whistling, and she got up and went to the kitchen, blinking back tears.

"No," Obi-Wan assured her, following her into the kitchen. "I won't get in trouble, Leila; it's not like that," he insisted. "Even if Qui-Gon guesses, he won't turn me in to the Council, or anything," he said quietly, with a regretful smile. "Actually, it's quite the opposite," he sighed ruefully, running a hand through his shaggy hair. "He thinks I'm the best Jedi in the entire Order; I might even be appointed to the Council tomorrow," he told her. "I doubt that I'll get in trouble, but it's quite possible that I might die of guilt," he admitted, with a rueful laugh.

Leila smiled proudly, relieved to hear that he wou

9. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow! Obi-Wan, back again for some more? ;)

I really like this Leila person, she seems sweet. And it looks as if they really do love each other...
    AW [face_love]

I loved this post. Very cute. Well-written, as always. Can't wait til the next update! Here comes detective Ani!

BTW, I love what you have done with this story so far. Well done!

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Well that's just stupid," she said bluntly; Leila had never been a huge fan of the Jedi Code.

Now - that came as a shock. :p

"I had a perfectly good prostitution career going on when we first met, and you completely ruined that,"

O, I like her! :D

You should lock that... Leila had heard better pick-up lines in her day, but it was good enough. He will never disobey the Jedi Code by himself, she knew. He will follow all their stupid, senseless rules and be miserable until the day he dies. I have to be the one to do this.

Awwwwww..... [face_love] [face_love] It's amazing how much you make Obi-Wan so adorable to me! :eek:

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That was such a sad post in many ways. Obi-Wan is just so very conflicted. Doesn't help that he can't seem to discuss things and that leads Leila to the wrong conculsions. At least Qui-Gon had the right idea with marrying. Love that thought he's now training his own grandson. :D :D

12. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    well done wawoot!

13. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    De-Lurking here <shamefaced> I saw your story - shall we say - elsewhere - and found it totally hilarious. I LOVED it! Having worked in the film industry I was struck by how well you capture that environment.[face_mischief]

And since I hate to lurk if I read - seems wrong somehow - I just want to say this is too darn funny! It makes me LOL a lot!:D

[face_peace]

edit: THIS particular post however is sensitive and touching - I like how you're able to get that part in there as well.:)

14. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Just marry her, you coward! Show her that marriage can work! Those two break my heart. Forget the stupid jedi code and marry her!

15. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I love Obi-Wan's sensitive side here. I really like Leila too- hopefully Obi-Wan will wake up and see how perfect they are together.

16. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 26

Anakin crawled silently through the ventilation shaft, careful not to make any noise. In the six months that he had been working in Hutt territory, he had never been sent on a solo mission that was so bold, or dangerous.

Dealing with the Hutts was a delicate business. The Republic was not technically at war with them, but the Hutts were not receptive to negotiations, and had made it clear time and again that Jedi ambassadors were not welcome. So the official role of the Jedi in Hutt territory was to patrol the border against smugglers, and chase down any ships that attempted to bypass the Republic's customs checkpoint.

It was exciting work, and Anakin loved it. Already he had gained quite a reputation for his creative flying techniques and his ability to detain and board even the largest, fastest ships with only his Jedi Starfighter; the name Skywalker was beginning to be whispered anxiously amongst smugglers across the galaxy who engaged in business dealings with the Hutts.

But any operation inside Hutt territory itself required extreme stealth. Anakin had been sent on three spying missions so far, which typically entailed stowing aboard a smuggling ship to gain entrance to the Hutts' trading centers. Thus far his espionage missions had been successful, and Anakin's knowledge of Huttese had proven highly valuable in gathering new information about the Hutts' dealings.

Tonight's operation was top secret, and incredibly dangerous; this mission was not officially sanctioned by the Republic, and if anything went wrong, the Senate would deny all involvement. The Hutts were not known for their humane treatment of prisoners; but Anakin knew that if he got caught for this, he would be... Castrated... Or something, he blinked anxiously, continuing silently through the ventilation shaft.

Finally he reached his destination, and cautiously peered down through the grating into the chamber below. Yes, this is the one, he determined, breathing a sigh of relief as he realized at least the first phase of this operation was complete. Quietly, he pulled his multi-purpose tool from his belt and began to unscrew the grating.

"AAAAaa[i]mmmph[/i]!" Padme screamed in terror, her cry of alarm cut off by a hand clamped over her mouth. It was dark in her bedroom, but she could see the black figure looming over her. Struggling frantically, she kicked her attacker in the ribs.

"Ow!" Anakin yelped, letting go of her and clutching at his chest.

"Ani!" Padme exclaimed, smiling blissfully as she embraced her husband. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to come," he smiled tenderly, his blue eyes sparkling in the dim city lights of Coruscant that filtered through the window of her apartment. "I know I shouldn't be here, but... I had to see you, Padme," he said softly, kissing her gently and wrapping his arms around her, holding her close. "I've missed you so much," he cried, stroking her hair lovingly.

"I've missed you too, Ani," Padme smiled, teary-eyed. She kissed him again, then lay her head against his shoulder, squeezing him tight. They had met a few times on Naboo over the past six months since Anakin had been knighted, but he had never dared come to her apartment on Coruscant before. "I can't believe you're here," she cried happily, overwhelmed with gratitude to see him.

"I can't either," Anakin grinned in ecstatic disbelief, kissing her on the forehead and pulling her close as they sat together on the edge of the bed. Then he let go of her, looking into her eyes and smiling tenderly. "Happy Anniversary, Padme," he said softly.

Padme smiled tearfully, too overwhelmed to speak, and Anakin gathered her in his arms, stroking her hair and patting her shoulder lovingly. "Hey, you got the flowers!" he said cheerfully, noticing the bouquet on her dresser. Padme had received them earlier that day; the card had said that they were from a "Secret Admirer."

"Oh," Padme said brightly, feigning surprise. "Those were from you?" she asked innocentl

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Love the way you lead us astray in this post. I'm sure this is much more tha kind of mission Anakin would prefer to be on. ;)

18. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] I love what the secret mission was about!

"Let's give them something to talk about."

Oh my gosh! That's priceless! I love that line!

I have absolutely nothing else to say! I just love the tone of your story, completely believable!

Love it!

19. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    :D awesome as always.

thanks for the pm! :)

20. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Sleeping with centipedes? It is very cute but very creepy. Let's just say that I don't want to sleep with Squishy and Squashy!

21. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    "AAAAaammmph!" Padme screamed in terror, her cry of alarm cut off by a hand clamped over her mouth. It was dark in her bedroom, but she could see the black figure looming over her. Struggling frantically, she kicked her attacker in the ribs.

"Ow!" Anakin yelped, letting go of her and clutching at his chest.

"Ani!" Padme exclaimed, smiling blissfully as she embraced her husband. "What are you doing here?"

[face_laugh]

What a fun update!

=D=

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I JUST found this.

I love it! It's a brilliant idea for a very lovely story -- it's so funny and cool! I just did a marathon read -- one of my favourite parts just has to be Anakin's phobia of sand (of all things) and I love the A/P mush! :D

Great job! Can't wait for more! Could you PM me when you update? Please? Thanks! :D

23. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    hahahha that was great I liked it!

24. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 27

Leila smiled blissfully, admiring the sleeping figure beside her. Obi-Wan was still so beautiful after all these years; she ran her fingers through his silky reddish-brown locks, trying to decide what to do with his hair next. He looked so pretty with long hair, but sometimes she missed his cute, short padawan hairstyle; perhaps she would try cutting it a bit shorter the next time.

She sighed, kissing him tenderly on the forehead. The truth was, Obi-Wan looked adorable no matter what she did with his hair. Leila was a professional hairstylist; she had gone to school for it, and earned her certificate, and now she finally owned her own beauty salon. It was the perfect job, and she loved it; being a hairdresser allowed her to be creative, and it was a fun way to meet people.

Life hadn't always been so good though. Leila had been through some hard times in the past, but she had survived, and things were better now. And she had Obi-Wan to thank for that, she knew. How did I get so lucky, she wondered again, smiling blissfully as she snuggled closer to him, running a finger delicately along his chest. Obi-Wan stirred slightly, and Leila stifled a giggle. He was so adorably ticklish; she could spend all night torturing him in his sleep. But he needed his rest, and so she lay her head against his shoulder, wrapping an arm around him lovingly.

The past eight months since he had come back into her life had been the happiest she could remember. He had asked her to marry him, but in the end they had decided against it; it wouldn't be legally recognized anyway. But they had said the words together one night, and had pledged their love to each other, and Leila knew that Obi-Wan would never leave her again.

It was strange, having a Jedi Master as a secret lover. Although 'secret lover' didn't even come close to describing what Obi-Wan was to her. He was her hero, her protector, her guardian angel. The one who had always been there to pick up the pieces, when others had left her shattered and broken. The one who had never passed judgment, but had always believed in her, even when she hadn't believed in herself.

They had met when they were both sixteen years old; he was a Jedi padawan, and she was a teenage runaway on the streets of Coruscant, selling her body to survive. Obi-Wan had saved her from an abusive customer one night, and Leila had repaid him in her own way. Afterwards, in predictable Jedi fashion, he had begged her to quit the drugs and the prostitution, but she hadn't paid much attention to him; he was just doing his job, and she was doing hers, and she figured that was the end of it.

But then he kept coming back, again and again, like some kind of pathetic junkie. He always begged her to quit, and claimed that he loved her; sometimes he would just hold her tenderly until his hour was up, but Leila didn't care. As long as he paid, he could say or do whatever he wanted. Thanks to the drugs she was on, Leila's life was a perpetual blissful, dream-like haze; her customers were reasonably gentle, and they actually paid her for what her stepfather had always done for free. All in all, it seemed like a pretty good deal.

Eventually, though, the dream became more of a nightmare, as her drug addiction worsened. Her work suffered, and she began to attract a less desirable type of clientele, who treated her like the worthless piece of trash that she was. But Obi-Wan kept coming; he would pay just to hold her in his arms for an hour while she trembled deliriously, strung out from the drugs. He was so gentle, and kind; Leila felt safe with him, and finally one night she broke down crying, accepting his offer to help her get off the drugs and away from the prostitution.

She was eighteen by then, old enough to work legally, and she had gotten a job waitressing in a cafe; the pay wasn't great, but she managed to make ends meet. And for the next several years, Obi-Wan was her one and only. Leila didn't realize she was in love with him at first; she didn't think she wa

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww -- Leila's story was wonderful! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.