main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends Bad Feelings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CaraJinn, Mar 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Author: CaraJinn
    Era: JA era and even before
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Summary: From his earliest days Obi-Wan Kenobi could be overwhelmed by 'bad feelings' and more often than not he was right in his assumptions.
    Author's notes: A couple of ideas of small oneshots in the 'Bad Feelings' department began to pop up and I decided to collect them under a common title.

Chapter 1: The Beginning

The red headed woman in the bed looked at the tiny child at her side. The birth had been a tough one and she was tired way into the marrow of her bones, yet she was almost bursting with happiness. The little bundle was so cute. He had huge blue eyes, which sometimes seemed to change into a green colour - when he cared to open them. Somehow they seemed too wise for such a little one and every now and then she could see the newborn's curiosity of this new and possibly frightening world in his eyes. His complexion was light now that the discolouration from the birth had vanished and a red tuft of hair resided on the top of his head.

He was gorgeous!

She might be a bit biased since he was her son, her first and probably only child, but she was absolutely certain that he was the most beautiful child that was ever born on Stewjon. Especially when he was asleep as he'd been most of the time since the birth.

She looked forward to the future. No, to their future. In a few years he would be full of life and laughter and the sound of running feet would be heard in the staircases of the old mansion. It would be so…good.

"I promise, little man, I will take good care of you until you're able to care for yourself," she whispered. "I want you to be so happy, and even if you don't get any siblings you will never be lonely. I'm sure you will make a lot of friends in the village when you get old enough."

With a small sigh she leaned back into the down pillows behind her head. Before she could make him happy she had to recover. She hadn't expected this birthing thing to be so hard. Really. But now every bone in her body seemed to ache, in addition to other parts of her body that she most certainly wasn't going to mention to anyone.

She would rest and recover and then their life together would begin - for real.

A small whimper could be heard from the bundle at her side and (feeling slightly ashamed that she actually hadn't looked at him for several minutes) she turned her glance towards him again.

His eyes were open and the heavenly blue colour had dimmed a bit, changing to a more greyish nuance and it was as his entire little person was expressing one single thought: "I've got a bad feeling about this."

AzureAngel2, Kit' and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] That really is the beginning isn't it? [face_mischief]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Kahara and CaraJinn like this.
  3. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Oh Obi-Wan. [face_laugh] Yeah, I can believe that skeptical wariness was in the factory settings. He's gonna need it!

4. hitokiri-black

hitokiri-black Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    Yes, Baby Obi-wan (in my mind) is a strong contender for cutest baby Jedi. We all know he is going to have to continue his path towards a Jedi, but it's great to dive into the mind and thoughts of his mother.

Very Sweet. Looking forward to the other installments.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yeah, Baby Obi-Wan!

The beginning of a great legend.

I am glad that you write this. [:D]

6. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Chapter 2: There's a First for Everything

Crechemaster Ali-Alann looked down at his newest protegé. The little redheaded boy had been found almost literally on the stairs leading up to the Jedi Temple a few weeks ago and after the initial health check he'd been enrolled in Ali-Alann's listings. A solution that so far fit them both very well.

Today was a different matter.

Little Obi-Wan was mostly a docile and friendly child and didn't stir up much fuss in his new home, but for the last few days (and nights) he'd been unusually unruly. He'd been kicking and whimpering and quite a nuisance to handle. It didn't really help that he was transmitting his distress to the other tiny jedi in Ali-Alann's care, so the day had been quite full of comforting and calming and soothing carrying.

"What's the matter, little one," Ali-Alann sighed, "why do you do this to me today? I'm getting old and grey in one day."

The blue eyes gazed up at him with an expression that seemed to be pure suspicion.

"I am not going to eat you for first meal, you know. Besides, it's way too late for that. It's almost time for late meal already. The little boy wrinkled his brow and for a moment he looked like an old, wise being.

"Now, that's a thought," Ali-Alann mumbled to himself. "I actually think you're old enough for some proper food. That might be the solution to our little sleeping problem. Blue milk might not be enough nourishment for you anymore."

And with that he placed the boy on a sleeping pad and began to prepare a thin porridge suitable for the youngest crechelings. He was so busy that he didn't notice at all the changing colour of the boy's eyes and the wary look that almost certainly could be translated into: "I have a very bad feeling about what is going to happen now."

Feeding Obi-Wan was not an easy task. He squirmed and pressed his tiny lips together so firmly that it was almost impossible to get even the smallest of teaspoons in, let alone any of the porridge. When the meal was finished there were clearly visible traces of the food battle on the boy's clothing and Ali-Alann's tunic was far less spotless than it'd been by the beginning of the day.

"Let's hope we all can have a good night's sleep after this," he said softly.

His hopes were not fulfilled.

The next morning he truly regretted his good idea. The intention of a peaceful night had vanished somewhere between the third and fourth change of diapers and comforting a whimpering and hiccuping Obi-Wan. Obviously the porridge had been too much to handle for the boy's digestion.

"Next time we try this, please remind me that we should do so for first meal, not late meal," he concluded with a huge yawn.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The blue eyes gazed up at him with an expression that seemed to be pure suspicion.

He was so busy that he didn't notice at all the changing colour of the boy's eyes and the wary look that almost certainly could be translated into: "I have a very bad feeling about what is going to happen now."

Baby Obi-Wan stays so much in character! :D

Nicely written!

CaraJinn and Kahara like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7

Aug 31, 2004
  9. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    It must be quite a job to be the baby caretaker for so many little Jedi -- especially since every now and then you'll get an Obi-Wan who just knows things are bound to go awry. :p

CaraJinn likes this.