main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Badge Registration/Panel Lottery Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And of course more people will sign up for the lottery than the number of people who were prepared to queue for a very long time for certain panels, so the odds of getting in seem to be smaller. I'm still only going to sign up for TPM though.

Well at least the lottery is made by your email and not the actual badge, so no disadvantage for us who have chosen Will Call.

Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The odds are a lot smaller.

3. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Son of a...

Well there goes my last hope for this lottery system. Ugh I'm pissed. Even if me and my friend both got into EpIX (ha) we wouldnt be able to sit with each other? Why does it have to be so complicated...

ChrisLyne and LloydChristmas like this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's how it looks.

5. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    One step closer to Celebration!

[​IMG]

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Link1130, MotivateR5D4 and JonSB like this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Friday:
    IX 11:00-12:00 CS
    Vader Immortal 1:30-2:30 CS

Saturday:
    Galaxy's Edge 11:00-12:00 CS
    Fallen Order 1:30-2:30 CS
    Rebels 12:45-1:45 GS

Sunday:
    The Mandalorian 11:00-12:00 CS
    Clone Wars 3:30-4:30 CS

Monday:
    TPM 11:00-12:00 CS
    Resistance 1:30-2:30 GS

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    so since CW is in the arena i don't have to worry about the fact they aren't clearing it out cause I still have a vip seat right?

I wish Epic/TOPPS whoever would release auto/photo times now cause i need to know how my Sunday schedule is messed up if any

11. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    From what I am reading that is correct. We (VIP) can leave after Mandalorian and then come back later for the Clone Wars panel since we have a reserved seat.
    I am also with you with the Topps schedule. I just moved Bettany and Mayhew (who I had for Sunday) to Mayhew (Thursday) and Bettany (Saturday) to free up my Sunday since I am interested in both those panels. The only one I wish to attend on Saturday is Galaxy's Edge (family trip to Disney in Nov)

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I think so but then there's this for the original VIP sale;

With them not clearing the arena anymore I'm not sure if they're holding a section for VIPs all day or if you only get first access to the morning panel then have to stay there all day. Probably best checking with them.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm pretty sure the original VIP text is irrelevant now and this new system is taking over. I think they're free to go in and out.

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I expect so to, but it's definitely something they should clarify for VIPs.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They'll get their concierge soon. They'll be fine...

16. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I asked via Twitter (to Daniel Kennedy) he is pretty responsive so hopefully I get a reply for clarification

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya, that's what's really bogus to me.

On the other hand it does make it easier for people with little kids to get in, which I am for.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Not me... :p
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and Padme501st like this.
  19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Not if you steal it first [face_devil]

20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, that's kind of messy. The point of Celebration is also to hang out with your friends. However, it'll be an excuse to meet fellow fans. I haven't been to a US Celebration yet, and I won't know many people, so I'll take this as an opportunity.

Not clearing up the arena is mind-boggling, though. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?! It basically gives lottery winners entrance to 2 panels instead of one, and taking away chances from all those who were unfortunate not to win the big panel lottery. Quite disappointing.
    Though I'd like to get into Mandalorian, Rebels, and TCW, at this point I'm just hoping beyond hope for TPM 20th anniversary.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Monday could be an easier lottery to win if a lot of 5 day badge holders are bailing on Sunday.

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Probably more. The announced panels are just the main ones. At least some of the actor Q&As will be in there as well.

Rebels is on Galaxy so that will be a combination of reservations and queue on the day.

CW will probably be the hardest non-lottery panel to get in to. I can see a lot staying through the day for that one. To the point where I wonder if they'll live stream it to the Galaxy and Twin Suns. Since that isn't a lottery panel, if they do a stream you may be able to get a reservation for it. We'll hopefully know the full schedule next week now as that's when all this looks to go live.

EDIT

Didn't want to double post so I'll add this here;

One last thought for the night - how long after the 5th April until we see people trying to sell their QR codes for the panels? It sounds like the wins can be added to any badge so there's a potential risk of abuse there.

23. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I do not have a VIP badge, but am wondering about, VIP has to excuse them selves from their seat for personal reasons, new person enters room and see's empty seat and decides to take it,? unless, VIP's have a reserved area,as before in the front of the stage. that still should be in place. esp. if they are not clearing out the room after each panel. Also, for the line up before entering the buildings or arena. "you cannot save spaces for people!" wonder if one has to got to the toilet, vomit or whatever that requires immediate exit and needs to re-enter the line? I hope the management thought of that, or are they saying, you won't have to wait in line -that long. I wish well for the VIP's.

24. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I think I'm okay with this? This is my first time and I was fully prepared to wait in very long lines for at least a few queues (overnight, etc.), so I felt fairly confident I would get in to some of the panels. I guess this lowers my chances, but I also was not anticipating the potential stress of the queues (will or won't I get in even though I waited, etc.). I heard some horror stories from Orlando. It would have been a fun experience in a way, but also somewhat anxiety inducing.

With this at least I'll know whether or not I'll get in for sure and if I don't I can at least enjoy some more of the show floor and maybe even get out and about more in Chicago, which I've never been to. I definitely see how people are disappointed in this, but I'm willing to accept it and get some positive out of it.

25. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Lines can be tiring and fun! you get to meet many people who think like you. I got to Orlando a day ahead and walked over to the convention center to check on things, no, I did'nt plan to camp out. I was met with 6-700 people happily lined up, camping out and waiting for the building to open for that night. I heard there may have been about 2000 people camping out inside all night, squashed in, but happy(and maybe a little miserable) reed said everyone who camped out would get in the live theater, but not so! I got in the secondary screen room and was amazed at the guests! I wish I had been in the live theater! Yes, the lines are always long, but can be rewarding. esp. in Orlando and Anaheim. you can walk to everything, no shuttles(unless you didn't- get a nearby hotel- plenty of them ) This Cele. is WAY different.