main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Badge Registration/Panel Lottery Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    In some ways it takes the pressure off.

But basically this is going to be like two separate events. Because if you don't get picked in the lottery, then the main panels will basically feel closed off from the rest of Celebration.

2. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Maybe I missed this, but have they said when the results of the lotteries will be released? I would like to think it will be early enough that people will have time to adjust their plans once they find out, but with the way things have been handled so far, I'm not totally confident in their version of timeliness.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Sometime between the 3rd and the 5th.

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    My biggest unknown now is when the panel reservations will go live and if you can get them with email/confirmation code. There was one line that made it sound like you might be able to (referring to unclaimed lottery wins), but everything else suggested you would need to use the app. So there's still a risk there of international fans being left out unless reservations are done the night before each day's panels.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm going to feel for you when you win the IX lottery, but don't get the email to claim it.

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Was looking forward to the overnighter, but in retrospect kinda relieved yeah. If we don't get anything, means more time to chill and focus on autos/photos. Actually going to explore Chicago now too lol

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I have emailed ReedPop and asked about that line, no answer yet though.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    More badges/ registration stuff from Facebook:

LloydChristmas and credar like this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I would like to hope this may include a shift in the lottery policy as well involving groups.

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks @Obi Anne

I emailed them about that as well, and how the lottery entry works. It sounds like it's linked to order confirmation not badges but the one entry per individual email per badge part is a little unclear. Is it one entry per confirmation number or one entry per badge on the confirmation? So if you ordered as a group of 4 is it 1 entry for the entire group or 4 entries and if one wins, you all win? My big concern is that fans without badges will get 1 entry for the whole group but fans with badges in hand may get 4 entries that cover the group.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Finally
    [​IMG]

12. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Badge arrived! Woohoo! And looks like I'm Dark Side. [face_devil]

On the topic of badges, an idea came to mind: if I activate my friends badge when he gets it under my email, will this mean we can then group up for the panel lottery?

13. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok, so I just heard about the lottery thing, and I’m kinda confused. How does it work, and does it apply for all panels? Thx! :)

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think so.

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So the tracking number says my badge got delivered, but nothing yet. :/ I had it shipped to my work address because I knew I was going to move apts soon after I bought the tickets last June. So hopefully it'll be delivered on Monday; it's the start of the spring break, so the campus has been very quiet today.

16. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So how exactly does it work when you purchase tickets through Lyte? Do you pick them up at Will Call?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I also got light side! I wonder if dark-light sides have some other meaning?

teamhansolo likes this.
  18. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Awesome! I'm really hoping I get light side too, :p When is the lastest we would receive our badges, because ours haven't arrived yet?

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Well you can check them online after the lottery closes (guess I'll be hitting refresh constantly until I know [face_laugh]). But, after 2 emails and a facebook message I am finally getting the news emails so that's a positive sign!

20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Maybe Sat, the badges may come.I'm supposed to get all the pins I ordered then.

teamhansolo likes this.
  21. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
  22. Commander_Simpson

Commander_Simpson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    Never received a email about badges shipped. Arrived in the mail today. So happy to finally have them in hand.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  23. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Reed needs to be consistent and get those notifications out to everyone-sending it to some and not others. How about no lotteries at all, like in the old days!just go and line up at your favorite panel and wait! so much simpler!

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The lightspeed virtual queues will open on the day of panel you are queuing for. I just receieved this answer to my question about needing an activated badge for the lightspeed lanes.

25. Commander_Simpson

Commander_Simpson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    Activated 5 badges all with the same answers and ended up with 2 Dark Side and 3 Light Side. Interesting that it didn't depend on your answers.