main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CORAL_THE_JEDI

CORAL_THE_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    Still nothing!!! I might be in LA before my badges arrive at home!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dude, if it was going to be THIS much trouble, I should have just driven to LA and picked all of ours up. :mad:

I still haven't gotten mine. [face_frustrated]

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Those two email replies above are the generic one they send to everyone with a problem.

That is going to be one long fan club booth line.

Our FF CR got his packet, but he was only supposed to get one fan club lanyard. Got two, but his kids ticket is missing..

It's quite mental just how screwed up and randomly mixed up things are...

Oh well...

Just remember to be nice to the Will Call volunteers.....

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Good point. The Will Call people are NOT the one's who screwed this up; they're just there to help. I should bring them chocolate or something...

5. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Yes, please be nice to the will call people, I will probably be one of them. Actually, you need to go to the star wars fan club booth to get the lanyards. I e-mailed the fan club to confirm they have me as a member and they emailed me back stating they do show I'm a fan entitled to the fan club lanyard. This is the message they sent back to me:

===============

Steve,

We have confirmed your membership status with Hyperspace and have
    informed GenCon to have your special fan club lanyard and/or friends and
    family tickets waiting for you at the Fan Club booth. Just be sure to
    bring some form of photo identification with you when you arrive.

Regards, Lucas Online

6. E_III_fanatic

E_III_fanatic Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2007
    I'm so excited about the badges i'm celebrating by watching episodes 1-6 it's going to be so fun!!!!!!!!!

7. CORAL_THE_JEDI

CORAL_THE_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    You are right its not the Will Call volunteer's fault, but it still sucks really bad that some of us keep up diligently with the star wars "world" only to be treated badly by GenCon! There is less than 2 weeks to go! Gosh what does a girl have to do to get my GenCon package.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Remember, those of you who have yet to receive your CIV packet still have till May 14th. If you haven't received it by Monday afternoon, then you should start contacting Gen Con. I'm sure lots of fans have already called/e-mailed Gen Con asking for their packets, and the cut-off date isn't even here yet. o_O

9. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    JediJustin...I and understand what you say above (especially if you've already received your packet) but the fact is, I purchased my tickets 1 minute after they went on sale, I am a current active Fan Club member, I already received my Saturday mail 5/12(no Celebration packet), no mail delivered on Sunday. What are the chances that the packet will be here by Monday? I'm really thinking, SLIM and NONE. We're down to 11 days before the Celebration and I'm VERY frustrated and worried! I already have over $1200 tied up in this trip and I don't even have tickets to get in! Wouldn't you be a little worried?

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I would be worried about getting them in the mail before I left. I wouldn't be worried about getting in -- you have your confirmations from GenCon, right? Heck, you could even bring your credit card bill showing the charge from GenCon, if you wanted to be double-sure. And if you're a Hyperspace member, you can print out proof of that, too. Do you think they would deny you entrance, with the proof that you have?

11. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I didn't get my C III badges until a week before I left!

12. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    My badge plus contents was delivered today (Saturday, May 12) and I thank God. [face_praying]

I hope everyone who is still waiting will get theirs Monday so that you can have peace of mind and the good times can roll!

13. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I havent gotten my badge & lanyard either, but my friends who live upstairs from me got their membership packet last week.
    I'm going to wait to see what Monday's mail brings. I doubt I'll have my packet but who knows.

14. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Yes, I do have all my confirmations and payment statements. I don't think they would deny me entrance but it's the fact that now it looks like I'll have to go through the hassle of the "WILL CALL" lines when I had everything paid for WELL IN ADVANCE. Don't worry, if it does come to that, I won't take my frustrations out on the volunteers. ;)

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Nothing for me either. Would it honestly have been that hard for them to send everything earlier? Incompetence. [face_plain]

16. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    nothing here yet either, this must be a sign of things to come already at CIV. :(

17. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I got my badge today! :)

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You get mail on Sundays? :p

19. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That's a first!

20. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    That's what happens when you wait till Sunday to check your mail. lol

21. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, I got mine last week, all fine, lanyard, F&F tickets... Except that as I live outside the US I'm meant to collect them at will call, like I did at C3! My Other Uk friend received just his 4 day pass, no lanyard, not F&F!

22. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    o_O I never knew they shipped internationally cause I thought we had to pick them up.

23. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I haven't received my badge yet. I've called GenCon, but apparently they only have ONE person handling calls. This isn't looking good, seeing as I fly down to California on Saturday! This is terrible :_|

24. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Things have gone from bad to worse.

[quote ********* ]I?m very sorry that you did not receive any lanyards along with your registration packet/s, due to a discrepancy in the list we received from the Fan Club, many names were dropped and many members did not receive their proper lanyards. I am forwarding your information to Hyperspace and they will be contacting you in 24 to 48 hours to verify your information. Once validated we will be making up lanyard packets that will be available onsite, I am sorry that time constrictions make it impossible for lanyards to be sent out. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you have a great time at the convention. May the Force be with you!

Gen Con Customer Service[/quote]

This is my response.

I received the store Quick Pass in the mail packet they sent to me. I realize I could take all my confirmations to the Will Call line and the Star Wars Fanclub booth but that is an unacceptable alternative.

One other thing, there is no way to PROVE I didn't get my pass. I could have my pass and take all my confirmations to the Will Call line to get ANOTHER pass for free so somebody else who lives in the area could get in for free.

Just something to consider...

25. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    still nothing here but my friends all got thiers and i ordered mine before any of them and it is not ABC order cause mine starts with an O and my friends begins with a K and the other is a T so that idea is out the window. stupid Gencon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.