main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bail Organa discussion thread- Who was this guy anyway?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ThePrinceOfAlderaan, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I think Bail would have supported Isolder/Leia if it was what her heart required, but if she had another that she felt love for, he would have supported her decision between the two.

2. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    I think Bail would have definitely become the chief man, unless he was content with just being Alderaan's representative in the Council. Although they were both pretty well known from their debates in the Senate, I think that people would have felt more comfortable choosing someone who already had a good record with ruling people for the first Chief-of-State. Then, perhaps, if Bail felt he didn't want to do that anymore, they might've chosen Mon Mothma. Of course, Bail could always decline the offer.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If we look at the deleted scenes, I'm not sure if this is the way George just wanted to write our friend Bail, but he was pretty much spearheading the whole alliance thing, with Mon Mothma supporting.

4. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    I saw those.... it was such a shame he deleted them, because they would've shown that Padme's not quite the wimp she was throughout the rest of the movie.

Anyway, with those scenes it seems to be that Mon Mothma was really thrown into the leadership position because Bail died, and Garm Bel Iblis supposedly died, though I don't know how far along the timeline that story was in.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, in Interlude at Darknell by Stackpole and Zahn, it has Bel Iblis dying just before the mission to retrieve the Death Star plans took place. But I agree that Mon Mothma seems to have been thrown into things rather than being chosen.

6. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    That was an interesting short story. On a whole that collection was pretty good.

How do you think Bail would've handled Fey'lya? Apparently he "had Mon Mothma's ear in many things", but do you think he would've realized what Fey'lya was doing and put him in his place?

7. ThePrinceOfAlderaan

ThePrinceOfAlderaan Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    I hope to eventually get this index caught up once real life loosens it death grip on my throat. :p

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think Bail would have tolerated Fey'lya and found his redeeming qualities in terms of leadership, but kept him on a tighter rein than Mon Mothma did.

9. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Bail Organa! I'm so glad someone finally decided to do something on Bail, because he is really my favorite OT character. I heart him most.

As for him living post Alderraan, I can't see him playing a major part. If anything, he would probably serve as a mentor to Leia, and maybe to luke to help him figure out his past a bit more.

I'll be back later once I think about this more.

-Krystal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.