main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bandwagon fans or bandwagon haters!- which is worse?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthTunick , Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Saw a similar thread over at The Lakers Nation forums ( :p ), so I thought I ask the question here. For me, it's bandwagon haters. The bandwagon fans at least bring positive vibes/support the team, and some of them do stick around to become actual fans. The haters either hate a team/or an athlete for no good reason, could careless about the team going against the team they hate & do not recognize when their hated team has proven them wrong (the worst of this are those who say "Oh, your team only won by this amount, etc...".

Back-to-Back!: 2008-2009 & 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: World Champions:cool:

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    All bandwagoners are annoying.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Pretty much...when the Pirates are good (in about 100 years), just remember I've always followed 'em. :p

I do like cheering against Boston sports, but it's a consistent thing, and probably won't be ending any time soon.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I've always been a L*ker hater, and I always will be, no doubt about it.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Bandwagon fans, definitely. It's not the good natured ones that just get into the sport at peak times (says the guy watching the World Cup that otherwise doesn't care) so much as it is the bandwagon fans that are arrogant about their team winning. Like what USC fans had been like the last few years, for example, to non-USC fans.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Bandwagon fans.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Haters, bandwagon or otherwise. There is no reason to actively dislike another team, and if you do, it is simply because they beat your team, and that's just sour grapes. Get over it.

Having a rivalry is different. When you just want to see the other team beaten because they either always give you a good fight or are part of your division, there is more riding on the win, whether it's standings or bragging rights.

8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Back when I was into Major League baseball, before the Roid Sox ruined it all for me, I was slightly annoyed at the "Red Sox Nation" crap that became the rage after the Sox won the Series in 2004 and then 2007. These same "fans" were nowhere to be found before the Sox became champs.

And I'll get back into MLB when Pete Rose is reinstated.

And as far as disliking, or hating a team... Michigan can still rot in hell!

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    "Because they beat your team" is not the only reason to hate a team. It is perfectly acceptable to hate a team that wins all the time, such as the L*kers and the Spurs of this decade, or the Bulls of the 90's, or the Yankees and Patriots, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.