main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bar Pizzeria Bella Napoli (here we speak english!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Italy' started by Riff-Raff, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunnm_BeAngel

Gunnm_BeAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    @Apophis: ..slowly moving my hand in front of you...
    You don't really want to learn those bad words! :p

@Bezeel: Yes, the internet has solved a lot of problems and the ?/$ change is doing the same ;). But is difficoult to expand the fan base without any italian pubblication of interest. Compared to other european contries italian SW fandom is so little... :_|

2. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Talk about the Belgian fandom ... Our country is one of the smallest ...

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Yeah I know what what you mean.

My fanforce has a less than four people. Some are gonna move as well in a year.

But the cities two hours away or more have no problem.

but its the spirit in your heart that counts.

4. Gunnm_BeAngel

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, we have a small but active fandom. There are some groups very active (Italy have an official 501th Garrison too) but what we miss is an official presence that help us in spreading the fact that SW is not only lightsabers, Darth Vader and space battles.
    To be honest, first we must make clear to italian peolple that SW in not Star Trek. :D

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    sorry about that.

I believe in time you will grow. Just be prepared. And maybe get SW.com involved. they could help out.

But its what is in your heart that counts.

And I was watching Andre Rieu in Tuscany. An ensemble of italian symphony and singers and the entire city of Cortona. I got to admit you have alot of fun songs that every italian must know. Is there alot of performances in Piazzas and how prevalent is a town square. Does every italian city have one.

6. Gunnm_BeAngel

Mar 2, 2002
    > But its what is in your heart that counts.
    Absolutely!! Last week-end we had one of the biggest italian SW event ever. And it was organizzed directly by fans. It was amazing. Thaht is what make us go on!!!

Talkin' about italian cities, most of them have a big square and several small ones. Cities that counserved the medioeval original aspect always have a square.
    During summertime a lot of events, of any kind, take place specialy in tourism related ones.
    Normaly squares are used form weekly "popular market" and once a year for the patron feast. This is a tradition that comes from medieval times and is still very popular.
    In the last 50 years squares in the cities have lost a lot of importance, but still remain a foundamental meeting place for the people.

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Sadly we have none in America anymore. Everyone drives to the mall. I was in Germany for a few months a couple years ago and lived two blocks from the town square. I went everymorning to the bakeries and coffee shops. And the events were cool. What kind of events are Patrons feasts. Are they religious or just a community thing.

And thats whats makes the fan events the best whats in your hearts. I am marching in a Parade with some fifty or more costumers. It will be alot of fun. Its my second year in a row.

8. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    How do you say "Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful" in Italian ? :p

9. Gunnm_BeAngel

Mar 2, 2002
    Patrons feasts comes from the medieval age. The origin is religous, almost every city has a Patron that protect it, but it is also a community event. Usualy in that day there's a big market (in medieval times merchant could sell without paing taxes to the lords) and, where the religious tradition is stronger, maybe there's a procession to secure the protection of the Patron ( in south italy this is more common). In the evening the feast always end with fireworks and during the week there's a luna park. In my village we had it on august 28th for S. Augustine.

@apophis: We say: "Non odiatemi perchè sono bello". But beautiful has more than one translation. It may be "stupendo", "bellissimo" and in common-speech-italian may be "figo" (that has nothing to spare with the football player ;) ) :D

10. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Kinda wished we festivals like that.

Tell me what do you do for a living. I am a mechanic here in the states. I work at a ford Dealership.

Here in NY we have the largest population of Italians. But most are American Italian. Not Italian immigrants.

We do have a large Columbus day festival. But nothing that really celebrates Italy from the medieval times.

11. Gunnm_BeAngel

Mar 2, 2002
    Actually I'm a science information technician at "Ca' Foscari University" in Venice.

We (italians) know that in the USA there's a big italian community. In the last 2 centuies we had some bad times in our homeland... ;)
    I' think it's not bad that they don't keep all the traditions like they were in Italy. And loosing the contacts with the homeland it's a natural process.
    By the way Italians are spreade all over the world. We got big communities in Australia and South America too. Here in Europ Germany and Belgium have the biggest ones.

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    that is a cool job.

here in NY we have the largest communities. Of course we also have the largest Irish communities as well.

but there are a few who are now seeking to get back to where they came from.

Sorry for not responding. I was away in Canada for a few days at a wine fest. To top it off I was in the parade along with fifty other fanforce members in costume. It was awesome. its my second time in the parade and my third parade. I had to travel six hours but it was worth it.

13. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    hello all, from australia

i think there are nearly as many australians roaming the earth, away from home, as their are italians :)

mabye because we both love to travel, and meet new people!

the best thing about the Fan Forums is that you get to meet all the great people!

at the moment i am on an ' around the world in 80 threads ' tour.......hoping to make 80 stops in different countries, before returning home to make that the 80th

i thought it would be easy, but i'm only 10 or so stops in, and have accidently posted in my home city...... 70 posts short!

now everyone will be asking about me :)

(maybe if i call that one a 'phone call home', i can get back to the tour? :) )

anyway...i'm off to make another stop, and cover my pawprints....

see you all later! drop into the Ozzie boards some time!

on to stop number 12....

14. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Hey guys, can I ask you something.
    I'm playing a game on the internet and I bet with a friend. :p

Now I'm asking you for help.
    If you want to help me, click this.
    Then go to the Big Brother section and vote for Sneyers.
    You don't have to do something else and you don't have to pay money or something. It's just the voting for the game. There are no consequences.
    Only that you make me happy ! :)
    Thank you ! :D

15. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    Hey everyone.

16. Gunnm_BeAngel

Mar 2, 2002
    Hi everybody!
    I'm so sorry for not responding in the last two months. Hope to have a little more time in the upcoming year! [-o|

17. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Ahh didnt know what happened to you! Thats good to know. I look forward to more conversations.

18. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    It's almost examtime here ... :(

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Italy! :cool:

20. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I hope you all have a great X-Mas and a wonderful New Year. :)

21. Jabba_on_a_unicycle

Jabba_on_a_unicycle Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2005
    Anyone know the Italian release date for EP3

22. UNIONFORCE

UNIONFORCE Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Episodio 3 La Vendetta dei Sith:
    The release date is May - 20 - 2005.

23. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hi everyone! I just thought I'd stop on by, even if I am from the US, etc etc. I'm going to Italy in June for a few weeks on a school thing, so that should be pretty fun. Anyways, I'm an Italian-American teen who's trying to remember what Italian she learned as a kid and learn as much as she can between now and June. Okay... I'm going to end up rambling here, so I'm going to shut up and say that if any of you guys ever want to chat, I'll probably be hanging around here a bit, in an attempt to improve my italian, or you guys can just drop me a PM.

Ciao!
    ~Jenn

24. Jabba_on_a_unicycle

Jan 5, 2005
  25. Jabba_on_a_unicycle

Jan 5, 2005
    Grazie a Unionforce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.