main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wade is getting too greedy with these attempted steals.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Considering the total disaster of a game we had today against the lowly Pirates (shutout, plus the most walks we've given up all season by our pitching), you may be celebrating before the end of this week.

It's still going to be a great series, though. The Phillies are the 'Cardiac Kids' to the very end. [face_beatup]

3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  4. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    They still got a shot.

That being said unless an epic fail collapse happens the Cardinals have the 2nd wild card.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Somebody. Please. Beat the Cardinals.

Havac , Rew, HanSolo29 and 3 others like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does anyone know the track record of teams who finish the season on a long (10 game+) winning streak; in terms of Pennants/World Serie Championships?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Hopefully the Dodgers in the WC game.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not quite what you're asking for, but the closest analysis:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/09/27/cardinals-does-momentum-impact-playoffs-the-opener
    Hopefully, before then. Need Cleveland to remain the winning streak record holder!

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, uh, Joey Votto is Joey Votto-ing again... o_O

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    he should get some mvp votes. with the padres' collapse, i think harper has closed the gap on tatis and is possibly the favorite. but soto, votto, max, and freeman should get votes.

11. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Brandon Crawford, Willy Adames, Paul Goldschmidt, will all get votes too. And figure some downballot votes for Scherzer and the Brewers pitchers.

Could be a messy final tally.

Amazing.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    rays lost glasnow and hill, shipped off a potential mvp candidate in adames, and still dominated. incredible depth in that organization.

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i have a bad feeling about this. :han:

14. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001

^:)^

Jedi Knight Fett and Chromide like this.
  15. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    My rooting interest for the week:

Best part is there is no contingency plan for a 5-way tie.

Amazing.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm good with a four way tie... :p

17. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Biggest 3 game series till this weekend:

Yanks vs Toronto. Toronto is 1 game behind Boston. So if they can win they'll be pecking away at them and the Yanks who only hold the top WC spot by 1 game.

Boston vs Orioles. The lower teams can play spoiler, but Boston has the best option now to get ahead as NY faces a tough Toronto team. Who ever loses those gives them a better position over if they can win.

Oakland vs Seattle. I like both teams, but I'm hoping Seattle gets in. They just have to pull ahead the others. There only 1.5 games out. Oakland 3.5.

In the NL, Dodgers and Giants are still fighting for the division. I don't think either want the wild card winner rake all in one fame. Especially against the Cardinals as they stand.

Cardinals vs Brewers. St. Louis has won 16 straight. Its got to end sometime right....right? But if they win just once more they've locked up the 2nd wild card Eliminating everyone else.

Braves vs Phillies. Playoffs on the line here. If Cards win just once that eliminates Philly from the WC race...as it would the Braves as well if Philly pulls ahead of them. So its division or nothing. Braves win twice over Philly its over. But if Philly takes 2., They have to hope the Mets win and they don't flounder against the Marlins.

Here's to the final week!
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  18. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    More chaos:

The Braves will have to make up a game against the Rockies on Monday in Atlanta if they finish within a half game of the Phillies. And if the Braves and Phillies end up tied after that, there will be a one game playoff in Philly.

Amazing.

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

[face_laugh][face_rofl]

Amazing!

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32294412/the-secret-new-york-yankees-playoff-push-new-pet

[​IMG]

AutumnLight91 and Chromide like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm just concerned with what'll happen with that turtle if/when the team gets eliminated from the playoffs.

22. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Well, I'm a Red Sox fan, but that makes me like this Yankees team a little bit since I love reptiles lol

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Today's the 10th anniversary of the wild final day of the 2011 baseball season.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Jeez Stanton just absolutely lifted a ball from his ankles to the left field stands. 6-2 Yankees. Stanton has homered in 4 straight games. Judge and Stanton are both red hot at clench time.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021